"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nah RJ needs to be at the 1 or 2 but right now without Knox they don't have much choices :francis:

Doesn’t really make a difference. He can still run the offense or play off ball. The team needs offense badly. And Knox might not even be enough but we know Trier is.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Spending the weekend babysitting my goddaughter so we’re goin’ abridged recap version, five quick takeaways from the knicks vs wiz game 2 of the preseason:

1. Randle and Portis together was a disaster. Portis May have had rust but he was really bad at positioning himself to defend any player on the perimeter and Randle’s defensive y’all hasn’t translated on the court yet regardless of the kind words from Fiz this week.

2. Still not seeing much of an offensive system when we get slowed to half court offense. When the knicks get stops and push the pace, they look great. When Mitch and frank both pick up piss poor fouls simultaneously, it’s damn near guaranteed that the stops won’t be there because there aren’t many plus defenders on the team. It’s early, there’s low chemistry and Fiz spent the first quarter of last season adding some wrinkles...so this isn’t a reason to panic but it’s kinda glaring. The offense can come off like an isolation free for all at times and I think Payton is really hurt by the lack of off ball action since he’s not a scoring threat.

3. Trier is still a bucket and we’re gonna need that at times. With Knox and DSJ out, he was absolutely needed and even while I felt like we got a lot of glaringly bad aspects to his game (5 TO’s in 17 mins, lazy defensive moments in spite of 3 steals, choosing tough takes inside when a baseline cutter would have the dunk)...his scoring ability trumped it all. Dude is built like a sixth man scorer but needs a rotation that puts the ball in his hands which depends on who’s in and out of that rotation.

4. Youth development is a PROJECT! Mitch still feels like he’s not working at the speed he did last year but still picking up bad fouls like when he gets overzealous. Frank is more aggressive but it hasn’t translated to consistent finishing yet. Knox and DSJ didn’t play. Iggy was part of the worst spacing units on a night when spacing was pretty bad most of the way. RJ looks great but the efficiency is still a work in progress. All this to say though, young guys’ seasons tend to have more peaks and valleys. Prepare for the frustration and hope for the best.

5. The big line ups provide a ton of size to look for mismatches, but that gets broken if those units can’t knock down the three ball. The wizards pinched in and the Knicks really struggled. What changed when they went on some brief runs late in the third and throughout the fourth quarter was that Fiz went smaller. Randle or Portis as the only big worked out better last night than pairing two bigs. Fiz will probably need a combination or two that addresses teams closing the space or at minimum he should use more Taj in those instances. Taj just has to knock off the dumb offensive foul TO’s and he’s arguably be our most effective big whether the stat sheet reflects it or not imo.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
After yesterday and seeing Trier, I'm calling out the dumb fukk who said we are going to trade Trier of all people...

Like, how much of a goofy can you be?:mindblown:

Somebody quote him...:mjpls:

Tried is going to be traded at the deadline, brehs.

Sorry to say.:francis:
:unimpressed:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Spending the weekend babysitting my goddaughter so we’re goin’ abridged recap version, five quick takeaways from the knicks vs wiz game 2 of the preseason:

1. Randle and Portis together was a disaster. Portis May have had rust but he was really bad at positioning himself to defend any player on the perimeter and Randle’s defensive y’all hasn’t translated on the court yet regardless of the kind words from Fiz this week.

2. Still not seeing much of an offensive system when we get slowed to half court offense. When the knicks get stops and push the pace, they look great. When Mitch and frank both pick up piss poor fouls simultaneously, it’s damn near guaranteed that the stops won’t be there because there aren’t many plus defenders on the team. It’s early, there’s low chemistry and Fiz spent the first quarter of last season adding some wrinkles...so this isn’t a reason to panic but it’s kinda glaring. The offense can come off like an isolation free for all at times and I think Payton is really hurt by the lack of off ball action since he’s not a scoring threat.

3. Trier is still a bucket and we’re gonna need that at times. With Knox and DSJ out, he was absolutely needed and even while I felt like we got a lot of glaringly bad aspects to his game (5 TO’s in 17 mins, lazy defensive moments in spite of 3 steals, choosing tough takes inside when a baseline cutter would have the dunk)...his scoring ability trumped it all. Dude is built like a sixth man scorer but needs a rotation that puts the ball in his hands which depends on who’s in and out of that rotation.

4. Youth development is a PROJECT! Mitch still feels like he’s not working at the speed he did last year but still picking up bad fouls like when he gets overzealous. Frank is more aggressive but it hasn’t translated to consistent finishing yet. Knox and DSJ didn’t play. Iggy was part of the worst spacing units on a night when spacing was pretty bad most of the way. RJ looks great but the efficiency is still a work in progress. All this to say though, young guys’ seasons tend to have more peaks and valleys. Prepare for the frustration and hope for the best.

5. The big line ups provide a ton of size to look for mismatches, but that gets broken if those units can’t knock down the three ball. The wizards pinched in and the Knicks really struggled. What changed when they went on some brief runs late in the third and throughout the fourth quarter was that Fiz went smaller. Randle or Portis as the only big worked out better last night than pairing two bigs. Fiz will probably need a combination or two that addresses teams closing the space or at minimum he should use more Taj in those instances. Taj just has to knock off the dumb offensive foul TO’s and he’s arguably be our most effective big whether the stat sheet reflects it or not imo.
Wasn't there a post in here saying Fiz wanted to play bigger or some shyt?:dwillhuh:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
After yesterday and seeing Trier, I'm calling out the dumb fukk who said we are going to trade Trier of all people...

:dead:I'm pretty sure I agreed with you though.
:mjcry:

I mean he was a ball hogger last season and he stepped it up this preseason. He needs to get more minutes when our shooters are cold.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps

:dead: At least you own up to it

but on the real, Trier is part of our core despite some bad habits, he could be a scorer similar to Lou Williams if he keeps developing :manny:

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:dead: At least you own up to it

but on the real, Trier is part of our core despite some bad habits, he could be a scorer similar to Lou Williams if he keeps developing :manny:

This is facts, which is why I don't understand why the front office would bring in Ellington and Bullock. We drafted RJ since he was BPA but between him, Zo and Dot who showed growth last season, why sign two more 2-guards on top of our core? :snoop:

If anything this offseason all we needed was a 3 and a back up behind Randle and Mitch.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
This is facts, which is why I don't understand why the front office would bring in Ellington and Bullock. We drafted RJ since he was BPA but between him, Zo and Dot who showed growth last season, why sign two more 2-guards on top of our core? :snoop:

If anything this offseason all we needed was a 3 and a back up behind Randle and Mitch.
Ellington and Bullock are good shooters. We badly needed shooting. Those guys addressed needs.

Signings like Elfrid Payton, Julius Randle, Bobby Portis were reaches and create log jams and awkward fits/chemistry.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ellington and Bullock are good shooters. We badly needed shooting. Those guys addressed needs.

Signings like Elfrid Payton, Julius Randle, Bobby Portis were reaches and create log jams and awkward fits/chemistry.

I know Wayne and Bullock are snipers breh, I was more trying to insinuate that Dot was good off the catch and Zo showed improvements also. And since Tim and Hezonja wouldn't be here taking minutes from them, maybe they would improve even further with reps. I assumed the FO were gonna go after Randle no matter what, but if it was up to me, Morris and a smallball 5 and maybe another big would've been good.