"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see glimpses of potential followed by disappointment.
My thing with him is he doesn’t run the offense I’m not really sure what he’s doing but it’s not that it’s kind of like he’s stat padding .
Fiz needs to establish roles . In the part of the game where Washington took over was eerily reminiscent of last year every game , everyone out for themselves no rhythm offense and terrible 3 point defense

Daps
I've been calling this lineup from the beginning. It's the only one that's gonna work and keep the rotation flowing. Trier and Ellington should get 2nd line at 2 and 3. I'd play Portis at 4 behind Morris and Randle behind Taj at 5.
I agree wit this combined with Payton out of the rotation but I disagree with one part w/ Randle being behind Taj
The Knicks didn't throw that much bag at Randle for him to play behind Taj
Taj has showN he has gas left in the tank and is owed 5-15 minutes a game.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Damn almost a full on meltdown in here after one bad pre-season game. Don't worry brehs we'll still end up being a 27 win team :francis:

I'm still hoping for a DSJ - Dotson starting back court. These two games further convinced me that RJ playing extended minutes with Morris and Randle just won't work.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I wasn’t excited with none of the off season signings. shyt was very meh all around. This team ain’t no goddamn 8th seed. We’re gonna be near the bottom on 3pt shooting this year. Remember when The Knicks set the record for team 3pt shooting back in 2012? We’ve been going the opposite direction since then. And I know that was an aberration because Woodson was forced to play small.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I've said this before, you guys got way more talent than my Hawks had coming into last year this time last year. I also believe you have some of the pieces to make things work but man. I just see too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Most of these nikkas tryna get it. No shooting or spacing. Low BBIQ, Payton and Robinson for example. Randle isn't a legit starter, nor is Portis. Morris is your best player, that's a sign of trouble. I feel for R.J. This just isn't in a good fit for him and I doubt the Knicks have the ability to make it right. For us, we had one great fit for Trae in Collins who was hurt till Dec and Kevin emerged in Dec and that saved Trae rookie yr and our season. I am not sure what the Knicks can do. This roster is more poorly constructed than the Lakers last year but without LeBron. idk. This is all I can think about:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've said this before, you guys got way more talent than my Hawks had coming into last year this time last year. I also believe you have some of the pieces to make things work but man. I just see too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Most of these nikkas tryna get it. No shooting or spacing. Low BBIQ, Payton and Robinson for example. Randle isn't a legit starter, nor is Portis. Morris is your best player, that's a sign of trouble. I feel for R.J. This just isn't in a good fit for him and I doubt the Knicks have the ability to make it right. For us, we had one great fit for Trae in Collins who was hurt till Dec and Kevin emerged in Dec and that saved Trae rookie yr and our season. I am not sure what the Knicks can do. This roster is more poorly constructed than the Lakers last year but without LeBron. idk. This is all I can think about:

Mitch just needs to be more disciplined. I think if RJs shot improves then he’d be able to take over games but that why we need outside shooting. Sucks Knox was out but I think he’ll become a good outside shooter and why weren’t Ellington and trier put in earlier to spread the fukking floor.

You’re right about this team having too many Chiefs not enough Indians. I need people to fukking move without the ball!!:damn:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Fiz ain’t it, y’all gonna say it’s too soon to say but it’s true. Dude don’t seem to care about defense.