"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ummm are we trying to get these Knicks to foul less or more. I'm not against showing 90s Knicks clips for TOUGHNESS, but that style of defense does nothing for a modern style defense in terms of sets and rotations.
They need all the help they can get. I’ll show them this clip from Above the Rim and have them focus on 23 in black.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
U can watch all the film you want and have the best scheme if you don’t have the personnel your defense will be trash
It's the lineup that was fukked up. In the beginning when RJ was pushing the ball, Knicks were on the role then they switched up and Randle and Portis trying to be leaders then shyt went downhill.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the lineup that was fukked up. In the beginning when RJ was pushing the ball, Knicks were on the role then they switched up and Randle and Portis trying to be leaders then shyt went downhill.

Problem is Knicks got too many players who play the same or have the same strengths so they don’t mesh or cancel each other out.

Their line up will probably require one of their better players coming off the bench whether it be Knox, Portis, DSJ or even RJ.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Problem is Knicks got too many players who play the same or have the same strengths so they don’t mesh or cancel each other out.

Their line up will probably require one of their better players coming off the bench whether it be Knox, Portis, DSJ or even RJ.
I agree 100%. RJ and Knox on the other hand play different with RJ being the better ball handler and Knox the better shooter. I think Frank should start with them so that RJ can push the ball and I'm saying this as a person that thinks DSJ is the better point guard.

DSJ is better suited for Randles incompetents but also he can drive and dish to Randle or Ellington on the wing.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree 100%. RJ and Knox on the other hand play different with RJ being the better ball handler and Knox the better shooter. I think Frank should start with them so that RJ can push the ball and I'm saying this as a person that thinks DSJ is the better point guard.

DSJ is better suited for Randles incompetents but also he can drive and dish to Randle or Ellington on the wing.

As long as this line up is good on defense I’m fine.

I’d do Frank (it’s time for him to develop into his potential) RJ KNOX MORRIS MITCH

Knicks have nice scoring depth if they use it right but they all need to mesh.

I still wish Knicks had 2-3 less of their good players and still had porzingis :manny:

It’s hard to tell who the Knicks star player and leader is.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't put all of the blame on him. Front office did him no favors with that roster.
There are some issues with the team but he’s not maximizing the players he has and he has the same defensive lapses. The best thing I saw him do was not go back with Payton BUT that was only once things got far out of hand

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As long as this line up is good on defense I’m fine.

I’d do Frank (it’s time for him to develop into his potential) RJ KNOX MORRIS MITCH

Knicks have nice scoring depth if they use it right but they all need to mesh.

I still wish Knicks had 2-3 less of their good players and still had porzingis :manny:

It’s hard to tell who the Knicks star player and leader is.
Leader will probably be Morris and star will probably be RJ. Randle looks like he needs or play with a guard like frank to be effective . Fiz needs to help establish these things . Portis was playing like a numbskull

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think we can safely assume if Randle or Portis is on the court there will be defensive lapses :francis:

If it was my call they both would collect dust on the bench or get shipped out of NY :camby:

I think we'll be alright if we don't pair them on the floor. If Mitch runs into foul trouble with Randle still rocking, either Knox comes in and Morris slides to 4 or Taj is the substitution. In that same respect, whenever Portis comes on, Randle has to take a seat. I like Portis' floor stretching potential and Randle can do a bit of everything, but we'll need Fiz to hide 'em on defense with their front court counterparts. I also hope that some of the switching mishaps were just chemistry based with all these new guys...but based on past performance, I think we should prep for Randle and Portis both to need some help in front court pairings.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U can watch all the film you want and have the best scheme if you don’t have the personnel your defense will be trash
Your right that without personnel you may never have a top tier defense but they appear to make the same lapses consistently , doubt follow fundamentals etc that can be taught Mitch still fouling stupidly and block chasing on impossible plays . They have a bunch of players with length and toughness and a rim protector I bet there is a way to utilize them that isn’t leave 3 point shooters open constantly or run out and foul them