"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
This is facts, which is why I don't understand why the front office would bring in Ellington and Bullock. We drafted RJ since he was BPA but between him, Zo and Dot who showed growth last season, why sign two more 2-guards on top of our core? :snoop:

If anything this offseason all we needed was a 3 and a back up behind Randle and Mitch.
Ellington was a good pick in all fairness. He'd be a good wing to surround RJ.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Ellington and Bullock are good shooters. We badly needed shooting. Those guys addressed needs.

Signings like Elfrid Payton, Julius Randle, Bobby Portis were reaches and create log jams and awkward fits/chemistry.
We didn't wanna risk not having a point guard and solely relying on Frank if Dennis got injured. Despite Portis and Randle playing like trash and having turnovers, we lacked big men with experience having only Vonleh and Kornet. We just need to find some rhythm and not play those 2 together. One has to play with Taj and Mitch has to stay outta foul trouble. But when he is in trouble, play Morris at the 4 and put 1 at the 5. Those are easy fixes but the coach has to see it.

I remember reading an article where Fiz said he wanted Randle to be a leader and handle the ball like a point forward, we see where that lead us on Friday. Now we need to go back to the drawing board and push that through someone else, perhaps Morris? Or hopefully DSJ when he's healthy or RJ.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
we need to put shooters around RJ.

on the low the best lineup would probably be

Frank (if the shot is going down)
Dotson (Legit D&3)
RJ (as the ball dominant wing)
Marcus Morris
Mitch

with a bench of Knox and Trier scoring.

That is a 25-35 win team
This is facts, which is why I don't understand why the front office would bring in Ellington and Bullock. We drafted RJ since he was BPA but between him, Zo and Dot who showed growth last season, why sign two more 2-guards on top of our core? :snoop:

If anything this offseason all we needed was a 3 and a back up behind Randle and Mitch.

cause they got the best they could to try and avoid a 20 or below win season.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Ellington and Bullock are good shooters. We badly needed shooting. Those guys addressed needs.

Signings like Elfrid Payton, Julius Randle, Bobby Portis were reaches and create log jams and awkward fits/chemistry.
If you don't sign Randle and Portis who do you have at starting PF, Backup PF and backup C? Because I like Marcus Morris at starting SF and if you move Knox to PF that still leaves a hole somewhere.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
We didn't wanna risk not having a point guard and solely relying on Frank if Dennis got injured. Despite Portis and Randle playing like trash and having turnovers, we lacked big men with experience having only Vonleh and Kornet. We just need to find some rhythm and not play those 2 together. One has to play with Taj and Mitch has to stay outta foul trouble. But when he is in trouble, play Morris at the 4 and put 1 at the 5. Those are easy fixes but the coach has to see it.

I remember reading an article where Fiz said he wanted Randle to be a leader and handle the ball like a point forward, we see where that lead us on Friday. Now we need to go back to the drawing board and push that through someone else, perhaps Morris? Or hopefully DSJ when he's healthy or RJ.
To be fair, it worked beautifully to start the game...... But it's not a permanent solution. That needs to be a trick play or something that they throw out there once in a while as a different look to trip up the defense.

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations

This is spot on in my opinion. I think RJ will still get minutes but im thinking at least 3 or 4 players will fall out of the rotation that may not be happy about it

I think front office was only thinking that the battle for minutes will bring the best out of players, most these guys dont wanna sit on the bench. And almost all of them are good enough to help another team

It will push them to compete and play their best. However, they neglected to consider that valuable pieces will have to observe good stretches of the season from the bench

Will this catch up with us and cause locker room problems?

Just one more thing....

If i was Mills and Perry i would have showed more faith in the young core they have already built. Give Trier and Dotson as much time as possible. Having Knox, RJ and Morris was already gonna cut some of their minutes

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Fiz needs to show them clips of the 90s Knicks if he’s preaching defense.
Ummm are we trying to get these Knicks to foul less or more. I'm not against showing 90s Knicks clips for TOUGHNESS, but that style of defense does nothing for a modern style defense in terms of sets and rotations.