"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Even still, you're trying to build around your franchise player RJ, who is an inconsistent shooter at the moment.
Yet they sign a non shooting PG to a team that needs shooting around RJ.

That's Perry and Mills for you, take one step forward and two back. Last year was Tim's contract and Mudiay. It's only been two games though, let's see what happens with Elfrid :yeshrug:

Daps
Portis and Payton are clueless signings. I can understand Portis for a bit of depth but signing Payton and granting starter minutes asap is unbelievable.

We have a lot of blackholes on offense. No padding at all after that first quarter just pass it to Randle and let him shoot.

We cannot let Portis and Randle play in our front court just like we cannot have DSJ and trier be our back court. Defensive liabilities.

I see no cohesion between the players. I understand this is the first time you play together but I need fiz to find lineups that match:francis: looks like a long season if they can’t get This 3 point defense together
If Randle continues to be shyt on defense and mediocre on offense he should come off the bench and make the young players run up and down the gym

DSJ or Frank
RJ
Knox
Morris
Robinson

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't mind seeing him there more
Especially with guys like dot Ellington Knox and bullock
Fiz needs to stop the bullshyt when the season starts .
In the 4th quarter, yes. He needs to stop passing the ball on open opportunities and just take the shot. He really has a better form and efficiency than most the team. The defense has been slacking this game with the foul trouble.
Does it hurt you to admit frank may be better than someone :hhh: tell me a point during the game when Payton was better AND what he did . :francis:

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
I felt like they were missing Knox's energy tonight. Knox is gonna be a better player then Randle and hes an intricate part of our long term plans where as Randle isnt. With that being said i know it wont happen but id prefer to see Randle as the 6th man. I see him as a real good player off the bench. As a starter i see him as someone that can stunt the growth of our other players

Hes got some skills and he can do some things but im not sure if theres a team or an offensive system out there where he could be a valuable starter on a team

I would have preferred just signing Melo amd saving some money, and saving more money by also not signing Payton

Carmelo was honestly a great leader by example and gets no credit for how well he handled his fallout with the Knicks. Melo had every right to be bitter and say how he felt. He never seeked to get even with Phil Jackson, he took the high road and set a great example for his teammates. His work ethic and his handling of the media, plus the spacing with him Barrett and Knox :to:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
If Randle continues to be shyt on defense and mediocre on offense he should come off the bench and make the young players run up and down the gym

DSJ or Frank
RJ
Knox
Morris
Robinson
I've been calling this lineup from the beginning. It's the only one that's gonna work and keep the rotation flowing. Trier and Ellington should get 2nd line at 2 and 3. I'd play Portis at 4 behind Morris and Randle behind Taj at 5.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope not, I'd rather keep Frank because I think he's a good fit next to Barrett, but if a trade is inevitable I hope the Mills wouldn't trade Frank now of all times; His value is still low so there is little to gain back in a trade, and it looks like Frank finally turned a corner, so why not let him play a few more months to inflate his value first?
I can’t read the post what is it

Daps
I've been calling this lineup from the beginning. It's the only one that's gonna work and keep the rotation flowing. Trier and Ellington should get 2nd line at 2 and 3. I'd play Portis at 4 behind Morris and Randle behind Taj at 5.
Works better for RJ and Randle
RJ gets space to operate
Randle can beat up 2nd units

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I felt like they were missing Knox's energy tonight. Knox is gonna be a better player then Randle and hes an intricate part of our long term plans where as Randle isnt. With that being said i know it wont happen but id prefer to see Randle as the 6th man. I see him as a real good player off the bench. As a starter i see him as someone that can stunt the growth of our other players

Hes got some skills and he can do some things but im not sure if theres a team or an offensive system out there where he could be a valuable starter on a team

I would have preferred just signing Melo amd saving some money, and saving more money by also not signing Payton

Carmelo was honestly a great leader by example and gets no credit for how well he handled his fallout with the Knicks. Melo had every right to be bitter and say how he felt. He never seeked to get even with Phil Jackson, he took the high road and set a great example for his teammates. His work ethic and his handling of the media, plus the spacing with him Barrett and Knox :to:
I think Barrett and Knox will be the main consistent core. It's just finding people to play around them.

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
I think Barrett and Knox will be the main consistent core. It's just finding people to play around them.
You have been saying that lineup for a long time breh, i vouch for that and i agree with you, i think Money Mitch as well is locked in at center

Thats three out of 5 positions. My gut tells me Smith Jr will be the starting pg for the next few years

We may be finally at the point where the faces on the team dont change as often now. We are a team full of youth it now so it makes sense to evaluate now

We should also look for a pf either through the draft, free agency or trade that can replace the Enes Kanter of power forwards (Randle) :francis: