storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
yall said fitz hates frank tho
he doesn't. he, like i, just want him to stop playing like a bytch
cant wait to see if he can improve

I never said Fiz hates him. Frank was just a good example of my problems with Fiz last season, namely that he never developed an identity for the team because he kept on experimenting instead of setting roles and building on them. Frank is raw and inexperienced but went from SF to PG to SG over the course of half a season (due to injury). Anyone could see the kid lacked confidence last season, that's not up for debate. He looked confused out there and he shelled up, it was terrible play. Some other cats just went shot happy. Ball movement was lacking from everyone and the defense was next to last in the entire league. You could blame the roster for it, but that didn't force Fiz to constantly change line-ups. My criticism of Fizdale is about how he coached the team. The identity crisis exacerbated a lot of players' bad habits. Frank included.

The roster was bad, we were tanking and there was a big roster change halfway through; so I'm giving Fiz a mulligan on it. But I'm keeping an eye out for those red flags just like I do with every player.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Frank isn't the end all be all is what I'm saying. We can't judge Fiz coaching solely on Frank but the development of the team as a whole. Our team was beyond trash, I mean straight doo doo grits but we were able to manage getting wins against the fukking bucks and some other top teams while developing Mitchell, Knox had a 29 pt game as a rookie...so I'm excited about our vets. I think DeAndre Jordan was a smart pick last year.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said Fiz hates him. Frank was just a good example of my problems with Fiz last season, namely that he never developed an identity for the team because he kept on experimenting instead of setting roles and building on them. Frank is raw and inexperienced but went from SF to PG to SG over the course of half a season (due to injury). Anyone could see the kid lacked confidence last season, that's not up for debate. He looked confused out there and he shelled up, it was terrible play. Some other cats just went shot happy. Ball movement was lacking from everyone and the defense was next to last in the entire league. You could blame the roster for it, but that didn't force Fiz to constantly change line-ups. My criticism of Fizdale is about how he coached the team. The identity crisis exacerbated a lot of players' bad habits. Frank included.

The roster was bad, we were tanking and there was a big roster change halfway through; so I'm giving Fiz a mulligan on it. But I'm keeping an eye out for those red flags just like I do with every player.
there was no reason to build an idenity last year
we were tanking and everyone knew da team would be completely different da following year .
last year was about player development
and if you take frank out the picture, all da rest of our young players (4 da record, mudiay falls under da young categorry whether u like him or not) showed promise. dotson trier mitch, these guys exceeded expectations and took advantage of their small oppportunies. frank should do the same

now we have a brand new team. and frank is getting yet Another chance to prove himself. so lets see how it goes

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Random as fukk -

I'm out here in Ibiza for my honey moon (got married on Saturday, dap me up yall) and we're in the lobby for this Air BnB/hotel set up out here and who walks in?

Andrea Bargnani :mjlol:

Im looking at this tall ass dude walk in and I go oh shyt- he looks at me and asks - you from Toronto or New York? I go New York and he nods his head ok and walks off. Dude casually dives in the pool right outside the seating area.

I get the feeling if I said Toronto he would've given a better response. :mjlol:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
we were tanking and everyone knew da team would be completely different da following year .

I think this is the wrong way to look at it because, like you said

And putting players into consistent roles with a clear identity, they can start to develop habits that compliment the roles they're asked to play (ie: the one reliable bit of the playbook was that EVERYONE was gonna be a pick and roll ball handler; so everyone got better at handling pick and rolls. Dotson the most but even Trier who had tunnel vision in virtually all other circumstances).

and if you take frank out the picture, all da rest of our young players (4 da record, mudiay falls under da young categorry whether u like him or not) showed promise. dotson trier mitch, these guys exceeded expectations and took advantage of their small oppportunies. frank should do the same

- Mudiay didn't show anything but some scoring upside, it was his worst season as a playmaker since he was a rookie. He got a minimum contract to be a third string PG. That's not something to brag about especially for a 24 year old. That's a "Prove it" deal and the lowest risk possible that a GM will take on a player barring a two-way contract. Lance Thomas is making more than him next year. What does that tell you?

- Trier didn't actually develop anything that wasn't there from day one. He showed flashes of passing but more often had tunnel vision and his scoring acumen was there from Summer league. I did credit him for trying to figure out playmaking but he was lost more often than not when he did that. He also never developed much movement off ball in spite of having strong catch and shoot numbers. So they asked him to work on his C&S and increase his three pointers in the offseason since he didn't develop that stuff in season. A different role or play calls could have encouraged that work in season.

- Mitch's improvement unlocked when Deandre Jordan started mentoring him. That's because he reduced his fouling, but other than that his numbers improved with his minutes, that's it. Even in this past summer league, the way he sets screens is concerning and the face up game will be strictly on summer work if it appears.

- Knox got a ton of minutes but showed almost no actual growth in awareness on either side of the ball. His passing numbers were a red flag they were so low and defensive metrics absolutely hate him. We're counting on the offseason film sessions he talked about for that growth.

- Dotson did develop, I'll give him that. We can throw in Vonleh too, he did show improvement but also only got a 1 yr deal (at least they paid slightly above minimum though). Hezonja is the only one from the younger group to get more than a one year contract on the way out, so if we're pinning success on anyone thanks to Fiz...After Dotson, it's him.

So the best arguments for Fizdale's development success (I ain't giving you Mitch when DJ correlates with his foul woes slowing down and that's the only actual growth we saw everything else was there from the jump) are Dotson (25), Hezonja (24) and Vonleh (24). No one else actually grew in season. We're relying on offseason regiment for everyone else, the younger players...who also have contracts that aren't expiring. Seriously open your damned eyes instead of honing in on Frank and pretending Mudiay had a coming out party that no GM was willing to risk anything more than the minimum on. It's ridiculous. You guys get worked up over excuses for Frank, but yall got plenty for Fizdale.

now we have a brand new team. and frank is getting yet Another chance to prove himself. so lets see how it goes

If Frank plays soft again, go ahead and trash him. Same with Fizdale though. If he establishes an identity for the team and sets a consistent rotation, then I'll give him the credit for it. If he still experiments, shuffles line-ups constantly, and if he appeases vets even when they don't appear to be the best option (ie: the Enes Kanter debacle) then keep the same energy.

I'm comfortable saying Frank was BAD last season. So was Fizdale. Both showed some promising signs and some red flags. I do pros and cons with every player after damn near every game fam.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

We are going to be versatile. I think our biggest path to wins is our depth tho. We should play 10-12 deep and just exhaust other teams.

That first practice going with a full court press training has me excited about the potential to go deep into the bench and just keep running at teams. Shwinny Pooh is always well thought out in his position, I'm not sure about leaning into small ball though. I miss the grit and grind style...you can still be a physical, bruising team and keep up pace with the level of athleticism we have. I'd have to really dive into rotations to be sure about my stance though.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Random as fukk -

I'm out here in Ibiza for my honey moon (got married on Saturday, dap me up yall) and we're in the lobby for this Air BnB/hotel set up out here and who walks in?

Andrea Bargnani :mjlol:

Im looking at this tall ass dude walk in and I go oh shyt- he looks at me and asks - you from Toronto or New York? I go New York and he nods his head ok and walks off. Dude casually dives in the pool right outside the seating area.

I get the feeling if I said Toronto he would've given a better response. :mjlol:

Congrats on the marriage fam! That Bargs story is funny too, he must have had plenty of bad experiences with New Yorkers :russ:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

That I don't agree with. It wouldn't have hurt to have something set now snd adjust where you need to.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this is the wrong way to look at it because, like you said

And putting players into consistent roles with a clear identity, they can start to develop habits that compliment the roles they're asked to play (ie: the one reliable bit of the playbook was that EVERYONE was gonna be a pick and roll ball handler; so everyone got better at handling pick and rolls. Dotson the most but even Trier who had tunnel vision in virtually all other circumstances).

- Mudiay didn't show anything but some scoring upside, it was his worst season as a playmaker since he was a rookie. He got a minimum contract to be a third string PG. That's not something to brag about especially for a 24 year old. That's a "Prove it" deal and the lowest risk possible that a GM will take on a player barring a two-way contract. Lance Thomas is making more than him next year. What does that tell you?

- Trier didn't actually develop anything that wasn't there from day one. He showed flashes of passing but more often had tunnel vision and his scoring acumen was there from Summer league. I did credit him for trying to figure out playmaking but he was lost more often than not when he did that. He also never developed much movement off ball in spite of having strong catch and shoot numbers. So they asked him to work on his C&S and increase his three pointers in the offseason since he didn't develop that stuff in season. A different role or play calls could have encouraged that work in season.

- Mitch's improvement unlocked when Deandre Jordan started mentoring him. That's because he reduced his fouling, but other than that his numbers improved with his minutes, that's it. Even in this past summer league, the way he sets screens is concerning and the face up game will be strictly on summer work if it appears.

- Knox got a ton of minutes but showed almost no actual growth in awareness on either side of the ball. His passing numbers were a red flag they were so low and defensive metrics absolutely hate him. We're counting on the offseason film sessions he talked about for that growth.

- Dotson did develop, I'll give him that. We can throw in Vonleh too, he did show improvement but also only got a 1 yr deal (at least they paid slightly above minimum though). Hezonja is the only one from the younger group to get more than a one year contract on the way out, so if we're pinning success on anyone thanks to Fiz...After Dotson, it's him.

So the best arguments for Fizdale's development success (I ain't giving you Mitch when DJ correlates with his foul woes slowing down and that's the only actual growth we saw everything else was there from the jump) are Dotson (25), Hezonja (24) and Vonleh (24). No one else actually grew in season. We're relying on offseason regiment for everyone else, the younger players...who also have contracts that aren't expiring. Seriously open your damned eyes instead of honing in on Frank and pretending Mudiay had a coming out party that no GM was willing to risk anything more than the minimum on. It's ridiculous. You guys get worked up over excuses for Frank, but yall got plenty for Fizdale.

If Frank plays soft again, go ahead and trash him. Same with Fizdale though. If he establishes an identity for the team and sets a consistent rotation, then I'll give him the credit for it. If he still experiments, shuffles line-ups constantly, and if he appeases vets even when they don't appear to be the best option (ie: the Enes Kanter debacle) then keep the same energy.

I'm comfortable saying Frank was BAD last season. So was Fizdale. Both showed some promising signs and some red flags. I do pros and cons with every player after damn near every game fam.
we can agree to disagree i guess
i feel like mitch trier, dotson, all come into this season knowing their role. knox still gotta figure out his role because he might be comin off da bench but i think he has an idea of it.
frank needs to figure his shyt out and im rooting for him

u seem to be forgetting that trier was undrafted, and mitch and dotson were second round picks. they werent expected to do shyt. so for them to play how they played, tells me we are doing something right.

regardless of how u feel about mudiay, he had one of his best seasons last year. he was much worse the year before and there is receipts of me callin him da worst pg in the league lol. i dont care for da guy, but he improved. puttin up 34 and 8 is nothing to just ignore and yall wouldnt ignore it if frank did that lol.

. mitchell was playin well even before jordan got there. ofcourse jordan helped a lot, but he was already showin potential.

the team was trash last year, this team isnt trash but im not sure what to make of it. but i agree that fits is gonna have to show out and improve on his coaching this year, but it wont be easy with this bloated roster

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That I don't agree with. It wouldn't have hurt to have something set now snd adjust where you need to.
you cant build an idenity with shytty players fam.
the team was trash and half of it is gone.
plus we were expecting to get kd and kyrie, they woulda brought their own idenity.
now that we picked up randle, along with some others vets, and we have some second year players with potential, we can start going into dat direction.

but again, i cant stress enough that last years team was trash and da season was pretty much a year long audition to see who deserved to stay and who didnt.

and lets not forget that some of these guys woulda been gone if we decided to go after ad. which was a real plan for us.