Randle
Mitch

2nd:
Payton
RJ
Knox
Portis
Gibson

Dotson and Mitch would balance the lineup pretty well. Randle, DSJ and Morris would get most of the looks and Dotson would contribute off the ball especially if he improves his 3 point shooting even more.

I would rather have RJ and Knox coming off the bench and having Payton out there with them to control the game and facilitate for them. Even though it would be somewhat controversial for RJ to come off the bench I feel like it would be better for him and Knox to be out there on their own with Payton rather than wait for their turn with Randle, Morris and DSJ.

But we don't know Dotson's injury situation so it might make the decision easier for Fizdale if he's not ready yet.
You don't miss out on Zion and then proceed to bench your highest draft pick since Ewing.
Not going to be a good look if Zion and Ja starts but the #3 pick is coming off the bench

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
We the laughing stock of the league. No big name free agents will consider coming here as long as we're a tanking squad. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a "treadmill" team as the youth develops and actually plays meaningful basketball. We already have a promising youth core there is nothing wrong with them playing with vets.

You're proposing tanking another season which can land us a pick that will either not be the top pick or a good pick that won't be able to develop with us due to toxic losing environment and lack of veterans on the roster to show them the ropes and help them on the court . You want Fizdale gone when the guy hasn't even really had a chance you want yet another regime change. There is no continuity on this squad and hasn't been the last 20 years. :hhh:

:russ: You are mad predictable, long winded rambling to avoid the question. So again what is your forecast for the upcoming season?

Let me ask a more specific question instead. How many wins do you predict the New York Knicks will have at the end of the 2019-2020 regular season?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:russ: You are mad predictable, long winded rambling to avoid the question. So again what is your forecast for the upcoming season?

Let me ask a more specific question instead. How many wins do you predict the New York Knicks will have at the end of the 2019-2020 regular season?
That’s all dependent on several variables. I’m personally looking at team culture, player development, and how we compete on a nightly basis moreso than win totals.

If you want a number I’d say 35 wins which is about double what we had last season.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
https://nypost.com/2019/10/01/knick...medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Fingers crossed. Expand the playbook, push the pace and give this team a real identity.

Bring on the pressure. As in defense.

The first day of Knicks coach Dave Fizdale’s second training camp was focused on a new wrinkle to his game plan — full-court defense.

“We did one-on-one full court (Tuesday),” Fizdale said after their first practice. “Everybody. The bigs, the wings and the guards had to defend each other one-on-one full-court live. Just to get them to understand we have to play defense like that to have a chance to win games.”

Knicks legend Walt Frazier told The Post earlier this month he believed a pressure defense in the backcourt was one way they could go to take advantage of their incredible amount of depth. It requires maximum energy and allows for a deeper rotation. But Fizdale does not want to classify it as a “press.’’

“I don’t know if you want to call it pressing but we’re going to pick up,’’ Fizdale said. “Wayne Ellington declared it this summer that we have to pick up 94 feet. That goes for everybody. If your man’s bringing the ball up, you’ve got to get up there and meet him and have a defensive presence on the ball.

“Some of these guys are so dang fast you don’t want to be up there trying to press them because they’ll go by. But we’ve got to build the habit now if we want to be a top defensive team, we’re going to pick you up.”

Knicks rookie RJ Barrett said Duke played a similar backcourt pressurized defense last season.

SEE ALSO
David Fizdale's Knicks tank card has run out
“Coach was just telling us he wants us to be a great defensive team,’’ Barrett said. “The only way it’s going to be happen is to keep working at it like we are.”

Fizdale, despite coming out of Pat Riley’s defense-first Heat system, never established a defensive identity for the Knicks during last season’s 17-65 campaign. They finished 29th in defensive rating, allowing 114.6 points per 100 possessions.

The Knicks coach admitted he mixed it up – maybe too much – with schemes.

“We experimented a lot last year,’’ Fizdale said. “We looked at a lot of different stuff, what fits best for our team. We feel like what we’re doing now is the best package for them.”

Fizdale said he also changed the offensive script for an older club that is more ready to handle it.

“We changed a whole lot,’’ Fizdale said. “Now I feel like we’ve got a team that can retain information and execute what you’re trying to do a little bit better. I feel like, again, the versatility that we have I want to do things that utilizes that versatility and maximizes it as much as possible.”
[/QUOTE[

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
You don't miss out on Zion and then proceed to bench your highest draft pick since Ewing.
Not going to be a good look if Zion and Ja starts but the #3 pick is coming off the bench
Sure it's not a good look but it would be better for his development and team dynamic. From what I've seen in the summer league he is very ball dominant and not a good spot up shooter which doesn't work well with other starters.

But then again this doesn't matter because Dotson is injured so RJ will pretty much be a guaranteed starter.

Daps
Sure it's not a good look but it would be better for his development and team dynamic. From what I've seen in the summer league he is very ball dominant and not a good spot up shooter which doesn't work well with other starters.

But then again this doesn't matter because Dotson is injured so RJ will pretty much be a guaranteed starter.
I disagree. He needs to start. Now if he's trash bench him until he proves he can start again.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:demonic: Ain’t no half way Knicks fans breh

All this depth and no stars. They need to start considering consolidation

Absolutely. These logjams are of their own creation and I've gotta hope it's because they intend to put together a package at some point down the line or dump a few guys at the end of the rotation for assets. We definitely needed some vets, but we kinda OD'ed and I'm guessing there was more logic behind it than "we've got cap space, let's add another guy just because..."