"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you're trying to get him to the All-Star game, you've obviously got low expectations for your team where you're willing to sacrifice wins just so he can put up empty stats.

:manny:
Us playin well and winning and him putting up stats will get him in the all star game:manny:

Last edited:
Daps
Us playin well and getting winning and him putting up stats will get him in the all star game:manny:
I'm afraid those two things don't go together. You'll improve your chances of winning by him playing fewer minutes and a having a minimal role. You'll see soon enough.

I'll let y'all get back to y'all regular scheduled programming.

:hubie:

RicanHavok

Formerly Thunder-Buddy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Knicks, Yankees, Giants and The BX
I'll be checking in regularly this season to see how fast y'all turn on Julius aka Big Blacky The Left.

:lolbron:

I didn't much like Randle when he was on the Lakers, maybe that's cause the Knicks had Melo at the time and he seemed like a poor mans melo to me...at the time. He's rockin orange and blue now so all that goes out the window and I'm supporting, but what's your take on Randle?

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hope yall knick fans dont have high Hope's for this year...yall couldnt win summer league..what do yall think is going to happens when the lights get turned on:francis:

Daps
I didn't much like Randle when he was on the Lakers, maybe that's cause the Knicks had Melo at the time and he seemed like a poor mans melo to me...at the time. He's rockin orange and blue now so all that goes out the window and I'm supporting, but what's your take on Randle?
:mjlit:

Oh, you're not familiar with my burials of Julius?

Calling him a "poor man's Melo" is completely disrespectul to Melo; Julius wishes he could be a poor man's Melo.

In all seriousness, he's someone who you don't want having a significant role on your team nor playing starter's minutes: he lacks all feel for the game, blackhole on offense, doesn't have a team-friendly game whatsoever, shrinks the floor, gets in the way of productive offensive possessions (by cherry-picking and soaking up all the fast-break and easy scoring opportunites - you'll hardly ever see this nikka score in the half-court against a set defense, because he can't), doesn't know nor want nor can play defense, and has virtually no discernible basketball skill.

Y'all have a good amount of frontcourt depth where Julius shouldn't even be seeing the floor against starters.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I hope yall knick fans dont have high Hope's for this year...yall couldnt win summer league..what do yall think is going to happens when the lights get turned on:francis:
Summer leagues, nikka, we only had 2 of our starters out there and one being a rookie. Boston lost FIBA.
:mjtf:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Us playin well and winning and him putting up stats will get him in the all star game:manny:

source.gif

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
How many wins we looking at, 12, 20, 25?

I got us still in Trust the Process mode. W/L's don't really matter much to me, I just want this season to show us that Fiz can give these guys an identity and that some of our young guys are starting to realize their potential. We should be better than last year, but 25-28 wins is basically my marker for signs that the team is improved.

Also, I'm kinda praying the whole stacking log jams thing was with the trade deadline in mind. So it could be a case where the W/L projection changes because the roster that closes the season is a big shift.