"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
In an era that doesn't rely solely on defense, I think we're good lol. I see Morris playing the 4 if Knox has a spectacular season to prevent logjams. There's so many variables but it depends on the coaching. There can't be too much switching in one game. Some players will have to sit out some games.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Who's yall starters

Dsj
Rj
Kevin
Julius
Mitch

?

I'm starting Morris over Knox. Let Knox find his game working against 2nd teamers, I don't think he's ready to start start and Morris is proven.

If Fiz can figure out a good 9-10 man rotation we're cooking because the Knicks have a lot of talent on the roster. If everything gels we're gonna be a problem, if it doesn't oh well, just another year :unimpressed:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Okay I'll give you Morris as a decent defender. So that makes it one great defender, one decent defender, one that's good but most likely won't get any minutes and then 8 turnstiles on the defensive end.

I hope I'm wrong :manny: I used to believe anyone could play defense if they tried hard enough but I don't think so anymore.

Maybe it can be coached to some extent but I wouldn't be putting money on Fizdale to be the one to do it.

And of course you can always hide a bad defender but that's impossible if you only have 3 good ones on the whole roster.

You're just gonna continue exaggerating huh? No fukk given

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
You're just gonna continue exaggerating huh? No fukk given
Mitch, Frank (most likely won't get significant minutes), Morris and maybe Dotson (advanced stats say otherwise) are good. Where am I exaggerating?

I'm not going to pretend I was studying Pelicans and Wizards tapes but consensus and what I've seen is that they're terrible defenders.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Mitch, Frank (most likely won't get significant minutes), Morris and maybe Dotson (advanced stats say otherwise) are good. Where am I exaggerating?

I'm not going to pretend I was studying Pelicans and Wizards tapes but consensus and what I've seen is that they're terrible defenders.
Taj Gibson, Elfrid Payton, Kadeem Allen, Reggie Bullock, and Wayne Ellington are turnstiles?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Taj Gibson, Elfrid Payton, Kadeem Allen, Reggie Bullock, and Wayne Ellington are turnstiles?
Wayne Ellington is. But he's far and away the best shooter on the team. :manny:

Mitchell and Frank are two of the best defenders at their respective positions when they aren't battling foul trouble. Dotson is a solid defender his metrics don't show it because the Knicks have been such a bad defensive team. Taj and Marcus Morris are two hardnosed, veterans they're solid defensively. DSJ competes but is undersized. Elfrid Payton is inconsistent but he is capable coming out people thought he would be an elite defensive point guard but he hasn't lived up to it at all. Knox was one of the worst defenders in basketball last season he has potential just because of his length but it's only year 2 so I don't expect a good defensive season and to be honest son don't got good foot speed. Barrett has the frame to be a sturdy defender but he is a rookie. Portis, Trier, Ellington are offensive guys they don't bring much on the defensive end. I do feel Trier has the dog in him to defend and last season he was working on that chasedown block. I don't know when Bullock comes back but he's solid defensively, he's a 3&D guy.

Julius Randle is going to be our best player so a lot starts with him. He's been an inconsistent defender I think he has the tools to be solid defensively though. He played his best defense as a small ball center with the Lakers in the '17-'18 season.
Randle's Versatility Key to Lakers' Defensive Success | Los Angeles Lakers