"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I hate to say this but it makes sense to highlight the vets to try and increase their trade value. There contracts are so trade friendly not doing that maximize their value for a trade would be a waste.

I see there being a minutes crunch and guys being moved for youth and second round picks

An all youth second unit would be a lot of fun tbh. Battle with back-ups and keep the youngsters with hot hands on longer after they show it. I'd said it in the past but Payton or Frank with RJ/Knox at the wings would put a lot the onus for scoring on that pair. Portis would be a great help offensively too.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
you'll know who is who just watch who switches sides*
I kinda understand their stance. I wasn't always a Knicks fan especially during the Marbury/Thomas era. It's just certain dualities that stick out during a team.

I recently switched from being a Giants to a Chiefs fan simply because I hate the new organization as a whole and how they skipped over a top black QB to pick fukking Daniel Jones.

If the Knicks did something shady like traded away Knox, Robinson, RJ and fired it's all black front office, I would've jumped shipped easily but I genuinely like this team and not just because it's NY.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Randle isn't better or more valuable than anyone on that list, you nikkas are crazy :dead:

He ain't even the best player on the Knicks, lmao.
Yeah what people forget about Randle is that he plays zero defense. Same goes for Portis, Payton and the rest of the team.

No one plays any defense except Mitch and Frank (he didn't really cover himself in glory last season either).

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Yeah what people forget about Randle is that he plays zero defense. Same goes for Portis, Payton and the rest of the team.

No one plays any defense except Mitch and Frank (he didn't really cover himself in glory last season either).
:mjtf:Morris and Dotson plays defense. We dunno about RJ yet. Knox played good D during the summer league, we will see.

Randle is better than KP, Markkanen and Collins. He produced more on offense than Tatum. The rest, I dunno. I expect Zion to be a monster this season.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
I kinda understand their stance. I wasn't always a Knicks fan especially during the Marbury/Thomas era. It's just certain dualities that stick out during a team.

I recently switched from being a Giants to a Chiefs fan simply because I hate the new organization as a whole and how they skipped over a top black QB to pick fukking Daniel Jones.

If the Knicks did something shady like traded away Knox, Robinson, RJ and fired it's all black front office, I would've jumped shipped easily but I genuinely like this team and not just because it's NY.
you can enjoy the sport & other teams but it's hometeam first*

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:mjtf:Morris and Dotson plays defense. We dunno about RJ yet. Knox played good D during the summer league, we will see.

Randle is better than KP, Markkanen and Collins. He produced more on offense than Tatum. The rest, I dunno. I expect Zion to be a monster this season.
Doggy if KP comes back to 100%, has an injury free career and is able to go all out more than 25 games a season he is Hall of Famer. Markkanen to me is already on KP's level and might be even more talented (don't know about the defense though).

Obviously 538's defensive rating system is not perfect but it should be even more concerning because it's bigs biased.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Doggy if KP comes back to 100%, has an injury free career and is able to go all out more than 25 games a season he is Hall of Famer. Markkanen to me is already on KP's level and might be even more talented (don't know about the defense though).

Obviously 538's defensive rating system is not perfect but it should be even more concerning because it's bigs biased.

Uhh, Dotson didn't get a lot of minutes last season so those are blank stats on him but you haven't said anything about Marcus Morris. Morris and Mitchell will contribute a lot to defense. Randle will be a wingman, we'll have to switch up and put Frank with Knox to assist on defense.

Matter fact, I'll wait til the season starts to get back on this.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Uhh, Dotson didn't get a lot of minutes last season so those are blank stats on him but you haven't said anything about Marcus Morris. Morris and Mitchell will contribute a lot to defense. Randle will be a wingman, we'll have to switch up and put Frank with Knox to assist on defense.

Matter fact, I'll wait til the season starts to get back on this.
Okay I'll give you Morris as a decent defender. So that makes it one great defender, one decent defender, one that's good but most likely won't get any minutes and then 8 turnstiles on the defensive end.

I hope I'm wrong :manny: I used to believe anyone could play defense if they tried hard enough but I don't think so anymore.

Maybe it can be coached to some extent but I wouldn't be putting money on Fizdale to be the one to do it.

And of course you can always hide a bad defender but that's impossible if you only have 3 good ones on the whole roster.