"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So on the low this roster would have been perfect with KP returning from injury. All they would have needed was a dynamic PG (aka no DSJ from the trade) and this upcoming draft has that even going into the late lottery.

Its too soon to do it now, but in like 5 years I hope they do a breakdown of rosters cause the Knicks left the Mavs bare beside Doncic (like they should have).

Snake ass 6 may legit regret forcing that trade.

KP and Mitch coulda been a special front court on both ends of the floor.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
well i addressed your sidebar comment, so again, that was my original argument with you.

and again, if you can say mudiay is trash on a regular basis, say frank, the lesser player, is trash as well.
its really as simple as that.

anything less then that, and you got an agenda.
i treat all these players the same.
its all fun and games when we shyt on mudiay but let someone criticize frank and the tears start flowing:to:
Nah. I said Mudiay was trash because he was trash. Only nikkas who bring up Frank when talking about another player to shyt on him is haters.

Lol at you repeatedly making that statement as if that's some logical thing to say. It's not.

My whole point was being upset the Knicks weren't trying to develop Frank because he could be statistically worse than Mud while still being the better fit for the team if his skills improved. You're response is I have to say Frank was more trash because...... He was

:heh:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Lavar + our Media could be a nightmare but LaMelo looks REALLY promising. I hadn't paid him mind after going to Europe but damn, really intriguing this year.

Breh Lavar can't do shyt, you add LaMelo, and the Knicks have a pretty good young core. If you LaMelo and RJ reach their ceilings, while the other young guys(Frank, Knox) are just decent, you have a scary team.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Breh Lavar can't do shyt, you add LaMelo, and the Knicks have a pretty good young core. If you LaMelo and RJ reach their ceilings, while the other young guys(Frank, Knox) are just decent, you have a scary team.

I ain't mad if we end up with LaMelo while he keeps his game at this level. There's just a gang of other guard prospects that I was more interested in before this outburst from the kid, so I'm not jumping on the bandwagon yet. Cole Anthony and Anthony Edwards are the two guys I'm most excited to watch and a handful of others that I'm curious about. I'm really high on this draft class as a whole.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I ain't mad if we end up with LaMelo while he keeps his game at this level. There's just a gang of other guard prospects that I was more interested in before this outburst from the kid, so I'm not jumping on the bandwagon yet. Cole Anthony and Anthony Edwards are the two guys I'm most excited to watch and a handful of others that I'm curious about. I'm really high on this draft class as a whole.
I want nothing to do with Cole Anthony. I know he a local kid, but he doesn’t stand out to me at all. Looks to frail

Plus, I don’t trust UNC players. It’s been damn near 25yrs since they had an all star player drafted.

Can anthony edwards play the 1? Everything I’ve seen is that he is a SG, unless you run him and RJ together and RJ plays the point.

I won’t be mad if knicks get Lamelo, 6’9 PG who can shoot, pass, rebound, he’ll need to work on his defense but that can come with age.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
let someone else roll the dice with baby.ball*

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I want nothing to do with Cole Anthony. I know he a local kid, but he doesn’t stand out to me at all. Looks to frail

Plus, I don’t trust UNC players. It’s been damn near 25yrs since they had an all star player drafted.

Can anthony edwards play the 1? Everything I’ve seen is that he is a SG, unless you run him and RJ together and RJ plays the point.

I won’t be mad if knicks get Lamelo, 6’9 PG who can shoot, pass, rebound, he’ll need to work on his defense but that can come with age.

I should mention this more often, but I'm a UNC fan (still riding for Nasty Nas having a surprise rookie run too). I'll admit I'm biased and Cole doubles it up being a local and a UNC commit. I'm cool with Edwards as a combo guard in the positionless basketball era; DSJ with a jumper or Frank making the leap or if Payton plays how he did post allstar break last year and we may be in a great position to draft BPA point blank. Plus Edwards and Barrett as wings would be a great tandem if one of those PG options hits big.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Who's yall starters

Dsj
Rj
Kevin
Julius
Mitch

?

It's hard to predict. I'm guessing Morris is expecting to start. So it'd be DSJ/RJ/Morris/Randle/Mitch but if RJ struggles early then Dot/Trier/Ellington are all gonna fight it out for that role. We basically have logjams everywhere with the frontcourt starters being the only thing I'm confident about. Payton/Dot/Morris/Randle/Mitch? I'd be unhappy but not entirely shocked.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
That julius randle ranking is absolute bullshyt. Dude finished the season averaging damn near 24 and 10.

He’s gonna be an all star next or borderline, he definitely should in the top 50.

Few players that he’s better than that were ranked in the top 50.

50. Markannen
48. Bogdanovic
47. John collins
45. Aaron gordon (debatable)
42. Zion (rookies should not be rated this high, no matter how high their ceiling)
35. Tatum (rated to high)
34. KP (coming off an injury, how can you rate him this high)

Randle isn't better or more valuable than anyone on that list, you nikkas are crazy :dead:

He ain't even the best player on the Knicks, lmao.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
When does training camp start

@storyteller what do you think of a backcourt of frank and RJ or Dennis Smith and Dotson. Good mix offense and defense.

DSJ/Dot would be my ideal starting back court. It's the most balanced with all of our youth (I could argue Ellington fits better but the youth movement is still my jam). Frank and RJ relies heavy on Frank's three ball improving or RJ being ahead of the expected curve from three, but they compliment each other really well otherwise. I know Payton showed a lot of promise post allstar break but it didn't translate to wins and it was the tank months, so I'm skeptical about it...and I think he's expecting minutes (possibly promised them). So that's the only reason I'm not pushing for an ideal rotation of Dsj/Frank with Dot/RJ and then Morris/Knox at the three. You add in Trier who needs minutes too and I still haven't worked out how I'd go about any of this. I think the preseason is really important. Preseason starts two weeks from Monday and I am HYPE for it. There's a lot to experiment with on this roster combinations wise. I want to see DSJ/Frank; DSJ/RJ; Frank/RJ; Frank/Zo; and my out of the box one RJ/Dot

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I hate to say this but it makes sense to highlight the vets to try and increase their trade value. There contracts are so trade friendly not doing that maximize their value for a trade would be a waste.

I see there being a minutes crunch and guys being moved for youth and second round picks