"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
That julius randle ranking is absolute bullshyt. Dude finished the season averaging damn near 24 and 10.

He’s gonna be an all star next or borderline, he definitely should in the top 50.

Few players that he’s better than that were ranked in the top 50.

50. Markannen
48. Bogdanovic
47. John collins
45. Aaron gordon (debatable)
42. Zion (rookies should not be rated this high, no matter how high their ceiling)
35. Tatum (rated to high)
34. KP (coming off an injury, how can you rate him this high)
Randle may not be better than any of those guys actually :patrice:

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
Knicks fans need to stop getting gassed over Randle. Empty stats ass. :hhh:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Knicks fans need to stop getting gassed over Randle. Empty stats ass. :hhh:

League wide he was 19th in PPG, 25th in PPG, 24th in PPS...his offense is legitimate especially if the three ball keeps improving. I don't think he's a first option but we're paying him the right amount for a good number three with enough talent to be a true second option on a good offense. Defensively he's gonna need Mitch to clean up after him some though (that'll take the three ball improving a bit to really work spacing wise). He's not great but he's promising, 24 years old and on a team friendly contract.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
League wide he was 19th in PPG, 25th in PPG, 24th in PPS...his offense is legitimate especially if the three ball keeps improving. I don't think he's a first option but we're paying him the right amount for a good number three with enough talent to be a true second option on a good offense. Defensively he's gonna need Mitch to clean up after him some though (that'll take the three ball improving a bit to really work spacing wise). He's not great but he's promising, 24 years old and on a team friendly contract.

The contract in a vacuum is fine. I still don't like his fit with the rest of this roster. His defense is trash and will likely remain awful when he will have a higher scoring load on the Knicks. Not buying his three point shooting on a small volume.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The contract in a vacuum is fine. I still don't like his fit with the rest of this roster. His defense is trash and will likely remain awful when he will have a higher scoring load on the Knicks. Not buying his three point shooting on a small volume.

Yeah, the fit was always my concern too and it's pretty relient on that three ball being real (otherwise the spacing with Mitch flops). I will say though, that I tend to set my expectations at a big man who can make at least 1 per game and just about hit that mark on 3 takes per game. That's a really solid output at 34% from a PF/C type. It could definitely be an outlier, but I'm staying optimistic.

The defense, I'm worried about, but I give him credit for baking in defensive incentives into the contract for him to make his max payout. I respect that. No clue if it'll translate.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
He was nice since he was 13

:yeshrug: I’m gonna be honest I thought he was overrated hype like the BBB sneakers.

I remember like the concept and app range of the sneaker being good too but the execution was trash. I hope LaMelo escapes that BBB shadow

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yeah, the fit was always my concern too and it's pretty relient on that three ball being real (otherwise the spacing with Mitch flops). I will say though, that I tend to set my expectations at a big man who can make at least 1 per game and just about hit that mark on 3 takes per game. That's a really solid output at 34% from a PF/C type. It could definitely be an outlier, but I'm staying optimistic.

The defense, I'm worried about, but I give him credit for baking in defensive incentives into the contract for him to make his max payout. I respect that. No clue if it'll translate.

So on the low this roster would have been perfect with KP returning from injury. All they would have needed was a dynamic PG (aka no DSJ from the trade) and this upcoming draft has that even going into the late lottery.

Its too soon to do it now, but in like 5 years I hope they do a breakdown of rosters cause the Knicks left the Mavs bare beside Doncic (like they should have).

Snake ass 6 may legit regret forcing that trade.