"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I guarantee you that the Jazz would've picked Frank over Mudiay if the option was given to them lol. Mudiay is a back up for Donovan Mitchell bruh. At the very least, he's gonna stat pad on residual minutes after Utah has had a 40 point lead. Nobody want that nikka. Orlando was trying to get Frankie earlier in the season over Doodooiay.

Mudiay got a 1 year minimum contract from the Jazz because Exum, their actual back-up, might not be ready for training camp. These dudes are really trying to gas that like it's an accomplishment or a sign he arrived :mjlol:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s been explained clearly and concise by @JMurder

We sucked and was trying to tank so we had zero need to play mudiay as he was in zero plans for the future . No matter what he did it was useless we would’ve only lost more games as the worst team
you guys are over the place
i dont care if frank played over mudiay or not
the original discussion was about some of yall saying mudiay is trash when his game improved, and yall biggin up frank when his game hasnt improved and hes trash.
u guys have agendas and arent tellin it how it is
blame da coach if you want, trier was undrafted and he ballin. all of our young players have shown growth and progress so far except frank,

mudiay is trash, but frank is more trash until proven otherwise:yeshrug:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
i wanted frank to play over mudiay as well but frank was playing like a bytch and mudiay was showing improvements:yeshrug:
are you sayin the coach shoulda played frank even if he was playing scared and shyt?:hhh:
setting a bad example
If the coach wanted to win games, he would have no choice but to play Frank or Dotson at the point guard position. We were doomed without one once Dennis Smith got injured hence we picked up Peyton this season.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the coach wanted to win games, he would have no choice but to play Frank or Dotson at the point guard position. We were doomed without one once Dennis Smith got injured hence we picked up Peyton this season.
when frank plays pg, he jogs up the court, passes to the first avaliable person and then hides in the corner:hhh:
if you are gonna be a pg in this league, you gotta run the pick and roll, break down the defense. and you gotta drive the lane aggressively. its as simple as that.

being a decent defender isnt gonna save you

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
at the end of da day, if you are gonna say mudiay is trash, thats fine. just make sure you say frank is trash too:yeshrug:. saying mudiay sucks but frank is good doesnt make any sense whatsoever and makes us look stupid as a fanbase.:yeshrug:
I've been saying they were both trash last season. There's no doubt about that but if my goal was to get the worst record, I would boost Mudiay's stock and get him the fukk outta there asap.

Frank is young but he's cheap. He may suck but he doesn't hurt the rotation of the offense. You could play him at 3 positions and still play good players around him that are still gonna score.

Mudiay was driving to the lane collecting fouls or turning over the ball at a high rate. He was a liability. Noone was growing around him. Guys like him, Timmy, Trier will give you a lot of points at the expense of losing. It looks good on paper but noone else is getting touches because they're always at the foul line.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
when frank plays pg, he jogs up the court, passes to the first avaliable person and then hides in the corner:hhh:
if you are gonna be a pg in this league, you gotta run the pick and roll, break down the defense. and you gotta drive the lane aggressively. its as simple as that.

I absolutely agree although he did run the pick and roll. The thing is....he wasn't stat padding.

That's my issue. Mudiay was taking retarded ass shots and driving to the lane on 5 defenders when guys were clearly open. Go back and look at his games. I bet everyone was laughing at him behind his back and waiting for the season to be over. He played like doo doo grits. It's cool to occasionally get a foul off opponents but not 30-40 times a game. Everyone's stats were clearly worse the moment Mudiay took the role as leader. Knox, Hezonja, Vonleh looked really bad because it became the Mudiay shyt show. At one point, Fiz ran out of options and started playing Dotson at the point which was clearly the best option, if they wanted to win. Dotson and Trier actually played really well together.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I absolutely agree although he did run the pick and roll. The thing is....he wasn't stat padding.

That's my issue. Mudiay was taking retarded ass shots and driving to the lane on 5 defenders when guys were clearly open. Go back and look at his games. I bet everyone was laughing at him behind his back and waiting for the season to be over. He played like doo doo grits. It's cool to occasionally get a foul off opponents but not 30-40 times a game. Everyone's stats were clearly worse the moment Mudiay took the role as leader. Knox, Hezonja, Vonleh looked really bad because it became the Mudiay shyt show. At one point, Fiz ran out of options and started playing Dotson at the point which was clearly the best option, if they wanted to win. Dotson and Trier actually played really well together.

I can't remember which Knicks content creator broke it down, but Dotson's PnR ball handler statistics were legitimately impressive and though the sample size wasn't massive, it was significant enough to warrant a second look. With so many score first perimeter players, Dot and Ellington could be crucial glue pieces (especially if Frank's FIBA play doesn't hold).

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London

Valid criticism.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I can't remember which Knicks content creator broke it down, but Dotson's PnR ball handler statistics were legitimately impressive and though the sample size wasn't massive, it was significant enough to warrant a second look. With so many score first perimeter players, Dot and Ellington could be crucial glue pieces (especially if Frank's FIBA play doesn't hold).
I prefer Dot and Frank to switch positions for defense purposes.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Ntlikina's P&R game is garbage. He has no gravity and can only make pocket passes to rolling big men which he often telegraphs. He is no threat to score in the P&R whether as a shooter or sneaking to the rim out the crevices. He also doesn't make advanced reads to corner shooters. It has nothing to do with "stat padding" being unaggressive is now being twisted as not "statpadding". We can only hope he's improved.

The team’s offense was 1.8 points per 100 possessions better with Mudiay on the floor. :hubie:

Mudiay closed several games for us and had several 28-32 point games. He had a stretch where he played extremely well. But you gonna stay scapegoating Mudiay as the reason why certain players regressed. Hezonja was trash most of the season until the end. Knox really had one good month and by the end hit the rookie wall but let’s blame Mudiay. :mjlol:

Dotson never played point guard you stay saying that it never happened. Only 3% of his minutes were spent at PG. He had success as a P&R ball handler but he wasn't a "point guard". Mudiay is trash but Frank has been W.O.A.T. from the moment he stepped in the league.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Mudiay got a 1 year minimum contract from the Jazz because Exum, their actual back-up, might not be ready for training camp. These dudes are really trying to gas that like it's an accomplishment or a sign he arrived :mjlol:
Mudiay got scooped up by a contender period. :umad: