"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ntilikina and the Franks play the Boston celtics tomorrow in FIBA.
Ima need gobert to be more aggressive out there . Patty mills was scoring at will, baynes was hitting 3s at a steph curry clip, bogut was getting his footwork on. Batum hasn’t been aggressive on offense which I think could help the French team. The two consistent forces on offense for France are Fournier and de colo. those two are scoring on everyone. Although albicy is pretty good I think the French coach should close games out with frank at the point or two guard. His defense would be beneficial at containing the guards. He took frank out at the end of the Lithuania game and they made a run and almost won. He took frank out during the Australia game they made a run and won. Stop taking your best guard defender out :stopitslime:

He put toupane on patty mills and toupane committed two fouls on mills in a minute which caused him to go to the line.

Smarten up collett :ufdup:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Ima need gobert to be more aggressive out there . Patty mills was scoring at will, baynes was hitting 3s at a steph curry clip, bogut was getting his footwork on. Batum hasn’t been aggressive on offense which I think could help the French team. The two consistent forces on offense for France are Fournier and de colo. those two are scoring on everyone. Although albicy is pretty good I think the French coach should close games out with frank at the point or two guard. His defense would be beneficial at containing the guards. He took frank out at the end of the Lithuania game and they made a run and almost won. He took frank out during the Australia game they made a run and won. Stop taking your best guard defender out :stopitslime:

He put toupane on patty mills and toupane committed two fouls on mills in a minute which caused him to go to the line.

Smarten up collett :ufdup:
Wasn't Frank fouled out against Aussie?

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
The season needs to hurry up. The Giants are sad to watch.
I think the Knicks will be better than the giants for the next few years. That team is severely fukked. I lost 100% hope when they acquired Daniel Jones and the whole political situation left a bad taste in my mouth. If I'm watching it, I'm setting eyes on the Ravens and Chiefs.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Construct a starting lineup with the perfect balance for fizdale.

Go!
I've already mentioned it before:

Dennis Smith Jr.
RJ Barrett
Kevin Knox
Julius Randle
Mitchell Robinson

2nd Unit:
Elfrid Peyton
Wayne Ellington
Marcus Morris
Bobby Portis
Taj Gibson

Kevin Knox and Marcus Morris can be used interchangeably.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Construct a starting lineup with the perfect balance for fizdale.

Go!

DSJ/Dot/Morris/Randle/Mitch;

If Randle's three ball improves beyond the 34% and one make per game last season, you're in good shape. Dot/Morris/Randle all spread the floor and can give you double digit offense. You get a squad with a lot of size but that's spreading the floor while being book ended by top tier athletes. Defensively, you should be able to stay respectable. DSJ and Dot are anywhere from mediocre to good while Morris and Mitch should shield Randle a bit if he hasn't improved.

Payton/RJ/Knox/Taj/Portis behind 'em

Why I'm not upset about RJ and Knox coming off the bench is because this unit runs through them attacking with the best playmaker on the roster to set the table. Portis and Taj can both hit jumpers which ought to make up a bit for Payton/RJ spacing. My obsession with big line-ups sticks too...we should win every rebound battle. This unit could have defensive issues though. You hope they're competent enough to keep up with back-ups on that end though, especially with Taj leading the way. Either way, I like the idea of a unit where the onus to score falls mainly on RJ and Knox.

Frank/Ellington/Trier situational players;
but depending on how those others play or if one of the trio has an especially strong preseason that can change. I could easily see Ellington in the rotation if other guys aren't ready (Dot off of surgery for example). Frank's just got a lot of positional flexibility, so if he's playing well they can squeeze minutes for him as a swiss army knife. Then Trier's offensive efficiency as a rookie means that he has the least distance of any of our young guys besides maybe DSJ to make a leap from a promising player to a legit impact player (honestly just play better defense and his offense is there already on most nights).

I'd wait to see what the preseason shows though. These dudes are all pretty closely packed in terms of talent and Trier especially could come out a monster. I also think it's really unlikely that RJ doesn't start. He'll get every opportunity to break in.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I honestly think Trier is going to be even better this season and will be starting if his defense has improved a bit :yeshrug:

I’m curious to see this lineup of

Frank, Trier, Morris, Taj and Portis

At some point next season

Frank can make up for Trier’s defense and keep the ball moving, Taj can get rebounds and cover for Portis

While Trier, Morris and Portis do damage from the perimeter/brunt of the offense