"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
1 positive thing that I take from that video is that he seems way more comfortable. He blends well into rotation and he has more confidence and control in his shot. I think the Knicks will have a lot of underrated shooters in Frank, Knox, Randle and Ellington.

What I'm hoping for is a good facilitator with great ball handling to compliment those shooters which I see in Dennis. Frank needs to work on his ball handling and he has a ways to go. His 3 and D would be much needed for this team.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Mitch is of the Tyaon Chandler/Gobert/Capella mold right now. Those guys are all legit centers. He could be what he is now and if he cuts down on could be our starting center for years.

I would love for him to develop a post move or a little outside shot, I think based on his frame if he could learn a face up game it would be best. Though his skill set is starting caliber already he’s just foul probe.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Mitch is of the Tyaon Chandler/Gobert/Capella mold right now. Those guys are all legit centers. He could be what he is now and if he cuts down on could be our starting center for years.

I would love for him to develop a post move or a little outside shot, I think based on his frame if he could learn a face up game it would be best. Though his skill set is starting caliber already he’s just foul probe.

Every big with his size and length should be forced to learn a hook shot. RoLo's hook shot isn't even pretty but it goes in consistently and it's extremely difficult to block or even alter. A 16 footer and a hook shot would leave me happy, even if the three point clips never turn into something tangible.

Aintnobodystupid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
https://www.nydailynews .com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-enes-kanter-team-ownership-20190909-4q7sh6hcorf2bp3ifnmlpxadee-story.html

Despite all that New York has to offer in money and spotlight, the Knicks’ chase for superstar free agents has been defined by rejection.

According to Enes Kanter, who discussed this topic with his peers, there’s a specific reason for the failures: James Dolan.

“Not many people know that, but players talk. From different teams, they talk,” Kanter said on the Full 48 podcast with Bleacher Report’s Howard Beck. “I’m not blaming anybody. I had an amazing time with the Knicks. But other teammates I talked to or if they’re on different teams, they always said, ‘Amazing city, MSG is amazing. Everything is so good. But the ownership.’ They always keep saying, ‘But the ownership.’”

“I always tell them, the Knicks are amazing. It’s the Garden, it’s the Mecca. If you win in New York, you’re the king of the world. Some of the players are I guess scared to come here and don’t even want to deal with that.”

DAVJU4SQ4FHDBHLF7D32GHBSMM.jpg

James Dolan has not been a favorite among the league's other majority share holders. (Frank Franklin II/AP)
Last summer was among the more embarrassing offseasons for the franchise after team president Steve Mills traded Kristaps Porzingis to create two max slots. The Knicks prepared elaborate pitches but couldn’t even get a meeting with their top targets.

Dolan’s physical presence around the players is minimal but his paranoia and hotheadedness casts a shadow over the franchise. Under Dolan, the Knicks have the worst record in the NBA over the last 19 years while simultaneously paying the most in luxury taxes.

Kanter didn’t want to provide details, but the center said he understood why the organization is stuck in the mud after spending 1 ½ seasons with the Knicks.

“I can tell. I don’t get into it too much. The players, when we get in the locker room, we talk about what’s going on,” he said. “And the players always see how the management or how ownership treat other players, treat other players around.”

It’s worth noting that Kanter is close with Porzingis, who lost faith in the Knicks after three years of avalanche losing and requested a trade.

Kanter also desired a relocation from New York after being benched by coach David Fizdale. The Knicks said Kanter’s demotion was a consequence of their youth movement, and the then 26-year-old was public about his displeasure. The Knicks subsequently traded for DeAndre Jordan — who is four years older than Kanter — and started him at center.

5QFEG7V76VDFZFQJMLZKP5KAVA.jpg

Enes Kanter held no ill will after leaving the Knicks for the Blazers. (David Zalubowski/AP)
The Knicks believed Jordan would help recruit Durant since they’re close friends. Instead, Jordan reportedly helped push Durant toward the Nets.

“I had no problem with my teammates. I was so cool with my teammates,” Kanter said. “I had a conversation with them. But I am a basketball player going out there to compete, I am going to try to win no matter what. That is just in my blood… And if someone — I’m not telling you the Knicks told me to do this — but if somebody is telling me the opposite, I’m not going to listen. My job is to go out there and play as hard as I can. Because the fans are paying so much money to come and see the game. Especially the Garden. My problem I guess that I wanted to win. Something that didn’t make sense is they told me I’m too old to play, and I was 26, and I was like, that doesn’t make sense. Then they bring in a guy four or five years older than me and they start playing him, I’m like, this doesn’t make sense. We had some stuff going on with the Knicks but I wish them the best.”

Kanter was released by the Knicks in February and joined the Blazers, who he helped advance to the Western Conference Finals as the starting center. Kanter signed a two-year, $10 million deal with the Celtics in the summer.

“I was very happy (to be released by the Knicks),” he said. “It worked out for both sides because they were going to a different direction, they were going younger, and it worked out for me, it allowed me to get to the Western Conference finals.”

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
1. Aron Baynes >>> Enes Kanter

2. Rose's comments on the Knicks seem more sincere than Kanter's when Kanter was guaranteeing a big offseason for the team.

3. Now on to good stuff...If Randle's got the pull up jumper going like these summer scrimmage clips then our season outlook is much better. Watching the Jets give us a reality check in football has me leaning more toward cynicism though. Especially because I don't think I'll be able to even use this Knicks roster in 2K...they nerf'ed everyone but Mitch.