"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
If Ntilikina gets traded I’m sure Dolan will have something to do with it. :manny:
I don't think there will be any moves til at least January but we'll at least see every player get minutes and who to drop. Ntilikina needs to show out in that preseason. This is gonna be a very competitive team where everyone is gonna be hungry.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Going back and forth with this idiot knicks fan on twitter that’s saying mitchs only skillset on offense is dunking.:snoop:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Going back and forth with this idiot knicks fan on twitter that’s saying mitchs only skillset on offense is dunking.:snoop:
I mean other than screening and dunking and cleaning up the offensive boards what is his skillset? :skip:

He hasn’t showed shooting range outside of workout videos, he hasn’t shown a handle outside of crossing kids over at camps, he hasn’t shown post moves, he hasn’t shown a face up game, he hasn’t displayed a hook shot with either hand, hasn’t shown a pick and pop game, doesn’t take threes. He’s not even a good screener yet.

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Shooting | Basketball-Reference.com

Took a total of three shots outside the paint, only attempted 3 hook shots, of his 202 FG’s he had 128 dunks. Dude is nice but still very raw.

Last edited:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I mean other than screening and dunking and cleaning up the offensive boards what is his skillset? :skip:

He hasn’t showed shooting range outside of workout videos, he hasn’t shown a handle outside of crossing kids over at camps, he hasn’t shown post moves, he hasn’t shown a face up game, he hasn’t displayed a hook shot with either hand, hasn’t shown a pick and pop game, doesn’t take threes

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Shooting | Basketball-Reference.com

Took a total of three shots outside the paint, only attempted 3 hook shots, of his 202 FG’s he had 128 dunks. Dude is nice but still very raw.
:gucci: You dudes is hard as hell on our young boys. My man averaged 18 minutes a game and had an amazing rookie season. He still has plenty of room to improve. His mere presence and the fact that he puts himself in favorable positions around the rim is beneficial for points and rebounds. Name a knicks player in recent memory that was a able to do that.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
He's a center, not a power forward. His job is to protect the rim. How many centers do you see in the league trying to do cross overs and hit 3s. Cousins is rare. Embiid shoots because Simmons can't. KP is power forward, so is Dirk, Blake Griffin etc. I'm pretty sure Mitch can do hook shots but dude is 7'1 and it's much easier to just dunk on nikkas.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:gucci: You dudes is hard as hell on our young boys. My man averaged 18 minutes a game and had an amazing rookie season. He still has plenty of room to improve. His mere presence and the fact that he puts himself in favorable positions around the rim is beneficial for points and rebounds. Name a knicks player in recent memory that was a able to do that.
It’s not being hard on him it’s the truth lol nothing wrong with it he’s young

It’s just that if we talking offensive skill he’s still raw no doubt about it at pretty much everything aside from dunking

If I had to name a player in recent memory it would be Tyson Chandler

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no one said mitch cant improve lol
but present time, his only offensive skill IS dunking
and theres nothin necessairly wrong with that

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He's a center, not a power forward. His job is to protect the rim. How many centers do you see in the league trying to do cross overs and hit 3s. Cousins is rare. Embiid shoots because Simmons can't. KP is power forward, so is Dirk, Blake Griffin etc. I'm pretty sure Mitch can do hook shots but dude is 7'1 and it's much easier to just dunk on nikkas.
He don’t gotta crossover or hit threes. But we was talking about offensive skill. Mitchell is an elite athlete he’s a long way from the offensively skilled centers.

If Mitch could do hook shots he’d take more than 3. To be good at hook shots you need strength to establish position that he does not have. You also need touch which he does not have. And you need to be effective with both hands over either shoulder which he isn’t yet. Right now Mitchell isn’t scoring if it’s not lobs and interior garbage buckets.