"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Again, lack of context.

I'd write a long ass post, line by line to all this shyt, but it wouldn't matter. Irrespective of his obvious limitations that I acknowledge and have already spoken to my personal dislike of, if you don't see how he's been handled as problematic, you never will. If you see it solely as a Frank issue to manage and put no responsibility on the coaching staff to put players in a position to succeed, we clearly have nothing further to discuss. I'll just say that as a person that manages training and personnel development by profession, watching how this kid is being handled is frustrating as hell. :hubie:
I disagree that he’s been mismanaged. He’s been given many opportunities as I said to look like a functional NBA guard on the offensive end both on and off the ball. He has failed to distinguish himself time and time again.

There is no lack of context you can :cape: and say he’s been given a bad hand. But I disagree.

Y’all want to talk about how he is mismanaged but the man does nothing offensively and fouls at over a 4 foul per 36 minute clip. Then the coaches get the blame for why he doesn’t play lol.

Like Hornacek and Fizdale, the head coach of the French national team does not believe he is a starter. Nobody has been able to explain how an NBA guy is still being utilized as a role player in FIBA action.

This guy should have been playing in the G-League and developing there.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
This guy should have been playing in the G-League and developing there.

The only thing of value here outside of obnoxious exaggerations and is exactly why I'm laying equal blame on management/coaching staff and saying he hasn't been managed as well as he could have - if he's shytting the bed in practice like you say, too foul prone or too timid as he has present, unable to be the primary guard in real game consistently, put him in the G League to get reps and build his confidence and see what he has. Instead? Load up on point guards to push him further down the depth chart, play stop and go with his minutes when he is healthy to play and when they're really bored, play him at fukking small forward.

How do you say all this garbage about it being ALL him and simultaneously say they should've put him in the G League?

Thanks for making my point. :stopitslime:

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
He most likely will go to the g league. A healthy Dennis Smith Jr. will be a problem and he's not starting over R.J., Ellington, Dotson or Bullock (if healthy).

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The only thing of value here outside of obnoxious exaggerations and is exactly why I'm laying equal blame on management/coaching staff and saying he hasn't been managed as well as he could have - if he's shytting the bed in practice like you say, too foul prone or too timid as he has present, unable to be the primary guard in real game consistently, put him in the G League to get reps and build his confidence and see what he has. Instead? Load up on point guards to push him further down the depth chary, play stop and go with his minutes when he is healthy to play and when they're really bored, play him at fukking small forward.

How do you say all this garbage about it being ALL him and simultaneously say they should've put him in the G League?

Thanks for making my point. :stopitslime:
He should be in the G-League because he is a well below average offensive guard. He is a liability on the floor. He has been raw and unprepared for the NBA since coming in to the point that he is exposed pretty much every other night he plays.

That comment had nothing to do with his management.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, the verdict is still out on Fiz. I know he was apart of great defenses in Miami and had the 7th ranked defense in Memphis. He’s coaching a bunch of sieves and young players.

Also, Mudiay played because Mudiay could get to the rim and had several monster games. It’s not some deep conspiracy.

As of right now Fiz hasn’t had a roster I feel we have depth and interesting pieces so after next season we can have a good scope on him. I believe this team should easily double its win pace and could possibly be a .500 team with excellent coaching.
mudiay is garbage
He most likely will go to the g league.
So frank should put himself in the g league :gucci:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
He should be in the G-League because he is a well below average offensive guard. He is a liability on the floor. He has been raw and unprepared for the NBA since coming in to the point that he is exposed pretty much every other night he plays.

So MANAGEMENT deciding NOT to put him in an environment to work on his offensive game in a more consistent environment and develop his game and improve when he hasn't shown it in the league has NOTHING to do with how he has been managed as a player?

I'm out. :hubie:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
mudiay is garbage

So frank should put himself in the g league :gucci:
That doesn’t take away from the fact that Mudiay had monster games and Mudiay closed certain games for us. He earned that shyt.

If Mudiay is garbage then what is Frank?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ok it’s the Knicks job to send him to the g league Breh .

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ok it’s the Knicks job to send him to the g league Breh .

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That doesn’t take away from the fact that Mudiay had monster games and Mudiay closed certain games for us. He earned that shyt.

If Mudiay is garbage then what is Frank?
Why are you bringing up frAnk ? Mudiay is garbage and led the team to 17 wins the worse record in the league. Frank was also garbage but he barely played as opposed to mudiay

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huh? I don't see him getting much minutes unless the Knicks get a significant lead or loss in the 4th quarter. Plus, there's no point in tanking if it's a lottery.
I’m saying frank isn’t who puts people in the g league Knicks management Does that. They dropped the ball in putting him in a place to sink or fail