"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the front office of Mills and Perry want to start from scratch; destroying and rebuilding from what Phil Jackson laid out, which means for Frank, show and prove, fight or flight, and sink or swim. the fact that we signed Payton should be a telling sign. Frank has to step it up or he is...
:camby:

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
the front office of Mills and Perry want to start from scratch; destroying and rebuilding from what Phil Jackson laid out, which means for Frank, show and prove, fight or flight, and sink or swim. the fact that we signed Payton should be a telling sign. Frank has to step it up or he is...
:camby:
:philjacksonlol:You know that French fakkit is somewhere getting his blonde streaks fixed, eating macaroons and croissants. He don’t care, straight chilling.

:philjacksonlol:B-b-b-but he is only 18, he has had such a tough upbringing, he escaped war-ridden Rwanda by the hair on his nuts... :whew:

:philjacksonlol::philjacksonlol::philjacksonlol:

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Y’all could be done with me or be out I don’t give a shyt. Ima die on this hill. Some of you all haven’t given this dude a chance from the beginning. @bravaDo has laid out everything frank has gone through but you guys fail to see it. No holding knicks front office responsible no holding knicks coaching responsible.we’ve had the WOAT coaching/ FO the last few years. The knicks May be righting the ship as of now but let’s be real they’ve been garbage and they’re a revolving door with NO continuity! Everyone deserves some semblance of blame To this shyt show but let’s look at the top first. Some people are even ready to kick fiz out the door when he’s been given subpar talent.

We’ve had like 2 years worth of point guards with nice handles and can get to the basket at will but they turn out not consistent, are bed defenders and are terrible at shooting. Can we not rock with guards that have different styles? Can we give a player that came into the league as an 18 year old from another country a chance? He’s dealt with two coaches with different styles, inconsistent minutes, injuries and an unsure front office.
Frank has been garbage overall. I do agree the Knicks haven't provided him optimum resources to be successful, but a lot of that resides on him as well. being unaggressive, flicking the ball off as soon as he crosses half court, fluke injuries, and an erratic shot isn't by coaching or front office design. Frank just doesn't look like an NBA player when he plays. He's on the team right now, so I still think you give him some looks, but I think he has even better comp now than last year. Payton can pass and defend well enough to be on the court, and if Smith if healthy and in shape he will get the nod over Frank as well.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
QLuQxB.gif

I can't see shyt nikka

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Borrowing this from a great real gm post because some the Frank hate is overexaggerated as hell.

Fun stats for the day

Our Drtg this year was 112.9, tied for 3rd worst in the league

The 2 man lineup of Frank and Mitch had a Drtg of 107.3, which would have put us at 8th

The 3 man lineup of Frank, Dot, and Mitch had a Drtg of 98.8. The team with the best Drtg in the league last year? The Bucks, at 104.9

And just because I want to keep talking about it, that stretch where we started Frank, Dot, Tim, Vonleh, and Mitch, those 5 had a Drtg of 100.5 over those 8 games, and an Ortg of 107.7 (higher than our season average of 104). So over 8 games we were a bottom 10 offense, but the best defense in the league by far, and yet because of one bad quarter (the Magic game), Fiz yanked that lineup and never played it again. Only one other starting lineup managed to win more than 2 games, and it went 4-7, which is only very slightly worse than the 3-5 the defensive lineup went

Yes, Frank's offense has to be better. But his defensive impact is big, especially paired with an anchor like Mitch. If you can get him on the floor to defend the point of attack while Mitch is in the middle, you give yourself a shot at a top tier defense right now. The smart move is to give him another year to come around offensively for that reason alone. Also miss me with the sample size argument when this also tracked when he paired with KP and especially if you're burying dude over two exhibition games.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Is there anything that truly shows what Frank defensive impact is on his own merits?

Individual defensive stats haven't been nailed down quite as well, but in terms of an individual stat, his efficacy vs PnR ball handlers has been tracked and he's top notch (FG% against ticked up this past season but that coincides with him forcing TO's from the ball handler over 20% of the time).