NYC is the GOAT melting pot for Black ethnicities

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Depends on what you want to know. Montgomery County aka MoCo, is probably the most diverse county in MD in terms of people living there. It's also one of the wealthiest in the state and country. Has some of the best public schools in the country.

In terms of Industry: Tech and Biomedical research are pretty big in the area. NIH, FDA and DoE are all in the area.

Some of the main areas in MoCo

Silver Spring: This is a mid-tier city with some pretty decent nightlife and restaurants. On the border of DC but about 15-20 mins from the "action of DC". It's a mix of suburban and urban. On the weekends it gets pretty interesting. There's a square where people come to eat, shop and hang out. It's a mix between young people, young couples, teens, new families and older couples. It's a pretty chill place. Very diverse in terms of people's origins.

Bethesda: Creme de la creme. Used to be a residential enclave for the well connected in DC, but lately the city has taken on a life of its own. More businesses have come into the area. Very pricey area to live in but it's usually ranked as one of the top places to live in the US. Also a very well educated populace. I think close to 40% of the adult population has a Masters or above. Median household income in the area is well about $150k annually. That said, area can be a bit :mjpls:. But outside that it's pretty cool. I'd say it's similar to Silver Spring in terms of feel i.e. that suburban mixed with urban feel, but it, Bethesda, is like 2 or 3 levels above Silver Spring, but not as diverse. I interned there for a summer in college and I remember walking around during my lunch breaks and not seeing that many people that looked like me. Bethesda is very close to NIH and it's about 10 min North of DC proper and about 15 mins North of Georgetown. All in all a really nice place.

Rockville: Formerly a very residential town that is now trying to emulate Bethesda. About 15 mins north of Bethesda. It's a pretty chill spot. The town square has some cool restaurants and newly built apartments, but overall it's offerings are pretty limited. Pretty well to do area although not as wealthy as Bethesda. Some areas of Rockville are a tad more rural. About 25 mins north of DC.

Germantown/Gaithersburg: About 10-15 mins north of Rockville. A very residential area but there is a mall/shopping center RIO that opened up in the area that's actually quite nice. Got some good restaurants and bars for people who don't want to drive all the way out to DC for a Friday night. Technically, these are different, distinct towns, but since they are pretty close by I grouped them together.

Potomac: The 1%. Potomac is to DC as the Hamptons is to NYC. Rural landscape with some home sitting on straight acres of land. My former college roommate invited me and some friends to watch the Manny vs Mayweather fight at his place way back when. Dude lived in an absolute mansion. I got home later that day and checked the home value of his house. $3.5 million. Potomac is on the very edge of Western MoCo. Borders the Potomac river and is about 30-40 mins from DC proper.

Takoma Park: A working class city with a very large Latino community, especially Salvadorians. There's this restaurant I go to for some Pupusas :ohlawd:. Not too much in the city. Outside of Latinos, there's also a sizable African immigrant community.

Overall MoCO is pretty cool. Pretty diverse in terms of the population, close to DC and pretty well run. It is quite expensive if you're looking to buy a home.

Oh snap I’m familiar with Silver Spring. So I guess that makes Moco pretty good. If this job offer falls through then I won’t mind since I’ll obly be 3.5 hours away from NYC.

I’m mostly applying to NYC jobs but also open to DMV area as well.

Sorry to go off topic since my homie sister just hit me up about this a few hours ago!

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I meant the type of Central Americans that you come across in Miami are not the type of Central Americans that you come across in NYC in my experience. Hondurans & Panamanians are actually a good example of this, came across more of them in NYC than Miami; but I came across way more Belizeans in Miami :manny: and also people like Nicaraguans etc. that I never met anywhere else.

Edit: I lived in Harlem and Washington Heights then Coney Island for a spell

You’ll find the most Belizeans living in LA.

They also have nice numbers in Houston and Chicago!

Belizeans even though they small in numbers are probably more well settled in America than other islanders.

Jamaicans obviously are everywhere also.

Recently I found Haitian restaurants in random cities such as Portland Oregon!

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The irony :mjlol: ...as a southern bruh It's always NYC folks I see being the main ones complaining about other Diasporans :mjpls:

:sas2:
  • Ain't nobody of significance in Jackson Ms talking bout fukk "Africans", the don't like us, they stuck up
  • Ain't nobody of significance in Savanna Ga talk'n bout fukk Haitians
  • Ain't nobody of significance in Tuskegee AL talking about I don't like African Americans
  • etc etc
NYC is the main place all that kinda fukkery comes out of:pachaha:...but I'll let yall :cook::mjpls:

Places with less diversity will have less fukkery because of no access to others.

Just like white folks who live in Vermont and Maine or even WV aren’t saying F N*ggers all the time. It’s always whites who live in diverse places doing a lot of the fukkery.

Haitians would get love in many parts of the south because they aren’t too many of them there other than Atlanta and Florida.

Diversity is good but it also doesn’t stop the few uncle toms and divisive blacks from doing their thing!

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
What's the Haitian population like in Louisiana? In my head, I just figure Haitians would be in high numbers there. :jbhmm:

Louisiana doesn’t have that much Haitians if you talking about people born in Haiti and moving there in the past 3 decades. I’ve tried looking this up before.

There are many blacks there that might have Haitian ancestry because of slavery and stuff.

Won’t lie I did get driven to the New Orleans airport by a Haitian cab driver.

All the black foreigners I met while in the city were Africans! I met a lot of Tanzanians actually!

blqbird

I've been thuggin through my rainy days...
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Am I allowed to rep PG if I been here since 13 (21)? First half of my life I grew up all around MoCo and I was born in silver spring. After 9th grade in FL, came back and stayed in the city while going to Northwestern before moving across from the college and going to Largo for junior and senior year. PG just changes a nikka after a while. Ended up doing a lot of ratchet shyt over the years. Learned how to fight too. :wow:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Ok my best friend sister just hit me up with a high paying job offer there for the company Booz Allen Hamilton so I just wanted to know. So far I don’t see no black areas but then again I just started my research
nikka you better take that shyt, if the offer is good, moco is nice

The way dmv is, you can still find something you gone like outside moco,and its not too far from you.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
nikka you better take that shyt, if the offer is good, moco is nice

The way dmv is, you can still find something you gone like outside moco,and its not too far from you.

Luckily the salary ranges for what I’m into can make me live good in both DC and NYC plus DC is my second favorite place so yes Mos def is take it if it falls through and can easily be in nyc every weekend or two to check up on my parents especially my aging father!

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Am I allowed to rep PG if I been here since 13 (21)? First half of my life I grew up all around MoCo and I was born in silver spring. After 9th grade in FL, came back and stayed in the city while going to Northwestern before moving across from the college and going to Largo for junior and senior year. PG just changes a nikka after a while. Ended up doing a lot of ratchet shyt over the years. Learned how to fight too. :wow:

13? Yeah you straight moe :myman:

Tiffrock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D.C. ,living in ATL
ATL has these ethnicities too

From the Caribbeans (Jamaica, Trinidad, Haitian, Greneda, Guyanese, Antigua, etc)

To the Black Americans

To the Africans (Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Mali, Congo, etc etc)

There's also a Sierra Leone population here