NYC Heads: Are all Chinese takeout spots closed in your area?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm in Harlem and all them are closed. At least all the ones that I can see on Lenox and 8th avenue from 150 th to 130th St.

I checked Google to see if there was some insight but it actually has some of them as open for taking on delivery. And they are closed .. the and everything.

Kings Pizza on 145th near Lennox closed too???

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Low key, I think they all closed cause ppl were harassing them, supposedly assaults on Asians went up in NY since the pandemic started. I hate the fact that their closed though, Chinese takeout is my favorite fast food. From my observation, they was still getting good business in the final days before they closed..

Don't Mexicans cook Chinese food in the south?
I prefer family operated jawns
I frequent 2 spots.. husband cooks, wife serves and handles the register

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
They must all be on some kinda code.

and I don’t believe that they were getting harassed like that, especially not by black people
Nah a lot of Chinese spots (or most ethnic spots) fudge their finances. Now is not the time to be open when you're trying to make your sales and expenses "appear" a certain way.

It's the reason a lot of them are cash only. There's more to it than that too.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
They must all be on some kinda code.

and I don’t believe that they were getting harassed like that, especially not by black people

Nah a lot of Chinese spots (or most ethnic spots) fudge their finances. Now is not the time to be open when you're trying to make your sales and expenses "appear" a certain way.

It's the reason a lot of them are cash only. There's more to it than that too.

This could be true. But I also think they are trying to get the most funds for small business bailouts. And what better way to sell that story then to say that they had to close b/c they were down & sales + harassment.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Not in NYC but my local joint closed like 2-3 weeks back.

Oh well. :pachaha:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Most of the Chinese spots around me have closed and they were mainly takeout anyway, which is allowed :gucci:.

The one popular Chinese spot that I go to is still open and still booming in takeout business. I only order with shrimp with Chinese vegetables anyway :yeshrug:,

If I’m craving fried rice, I’ll go to TinDrum instead.