NYC Heads: Are all Chinese takeout spots closed in your area?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
They don't close on christmas, new years eve, new years, thanksgiving, Chinese new years, hurricane, snowstorm, you could have a shootout in their store - they will be open an hour after the police leave.
But one virus related to their home country comes to the US and they all closed shop immediately.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Haven't even thought to check on one. Not that I wouldn't...I've just been so "off" fast food during this time. I've definitely hit up Chinese stores though. During that first rush where people were buying out grocery store stock, the Chinese and other ethnic stores were the only place you could buy beans and rice. I got a bunch from a Chinese spot, as well as a Caribbean spot.

I feel bad for the restaurants since people are losing jobs over racist bullshyt (lot of people who work at those places aren't even Chinese). But I've been cooking at home for weeks now and got zero interest in eating out. I feel better, look better. Been drinking my water too...

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
If you still ordering food from those b*stards you’re a c00n.
You're probably eating some homemade shyt that's gonna clog the fukk outta your arteries right now, but cool.

well who wants to eat Chinese right now?
They're essential to every hood. When all these other spots wanna close early, guess who was gonna stay open all night? Them and habibi at the deli.
Nikkas still trynna eat chinese after this virus came from their backyard :dahell:

Um, yeah. All the nasty ass shyt y'all ate from your local Chinese spot that was there for you when your mama didn't wanna cook that night and NOW you're worried about what's in the food? :mjlol: If your Chicken Wings were really bat clit this entire time, well guess what? Bat clit kept you fed on those cold nights.

Support your local Chinese food store when they come back, unless you tryna get healthy.

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Yep , 2 major spots on Rockway Blvd are closed. Other Non chinese restaurants are opened for take out , with the exception of a Crowns Friend chicken but yep most chinese places are shut down.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some spots are open around me. But they are struggling.

It wont phase them though. They are a pillar in every major community.

and they used to getting shut down. They get caught/summoned/fined with the city inspectors all the time. Close for a while and pop up again soon after. Plus they help each other out.

Daps
I’m in Jersey and the 3 closest to me are closed. They aren’t on seamless, and their websites are not available for ordering. I have to drive by one to get pretty much anywhere, and the entire place was cleared out.

:francis:

Daps
Well dammit wait that hour and change for it then :ufdup: Or pick it up yourself.

We’re not supposed to go out. It’s bad enough I went to the grocery store 3 times, and bought plants at Lowe’s.

:dahell:

Even Seamless just has the local spots, and not even the good local spots. Applebee’s doesn’t even have the full menu available. Even my local Pakistani pizza place isn’t delivering everyday. Sometimes, I get sick of cooking.