NY Drill Music made it all the way to Italy

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
And honestly both these clowns are mad because I exposed them for not knowing other artist in other cities are using UK beats also.

:laff:

that Chicago dude who is talking about horrible Dipset fashion which his city followed had no response for the Chicago UK drill beats I produced.

Stop arguing with trolls

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
This. All the Chicago Drill artists of the early 2010 era were influenced by Gucci, Waka, 1017, Brick Squad, etc.

UK Drill sounds closer to Grime in tempo, beat sequencing, etc. The fact that the BK Drill artists consistently draw for UK producers shows that it's a UK sound.
The beats NY rappers rap over were found searching up G Herbo/DJ L/Drill type beat on YouTube.

They were looking for that specific dark drill sound with a fast BPM that you can spit to. None of these young rappers knew that producers were from UK they were just random YouTubers.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He’s from Chicago.

I’m sure he knows Fredo Santana called 50 cent (a New Yorker) the real drill artist that inspired them to make Gangsa drill.

I’m also sure he saw the old videos of Fredo Santana repping Dipset.

As far as fashion goes people in the Midwest dress like New Yorkers not the other way around. I can’t think of one winter gear that we have that was created by someone in the Midwest.

Chicago dudes literally rock Timberland boots and were heavily invested in pelle pelle jackets.

Pelle Pelle is from Detroit. :manny:

But yeah hip-hop fashion is mostly following trends NY was on 10 years ago so to say we dress like everyone else is delusional.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This. All the Chicago Drill artists of the early 2010 era were influenced by Gucci, Waka, 1017, Brick Squad, etc.

UK Drill sounds closer to Grime in tempo, beat sequencing, etc. The fact that the BK Drill artists consistently draw for UK producers shows that it's a UK sound.
no man. completely wrong:snoop::skip:

Last edited:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is why I I like talking hip hop with you.

lots of people seem to be interested in checking for “biters” then enjoying the art itself
fasho
but make no mistake, at that time there was no such thing as "uk drill". Those london cats were making their own version of "chicago drill" beats or "DJ L drill beats".

But yeah hip-hop fashion is mostly following trends NY was on 10 years ago so to say we dress like everyone else is delusional.

I dont see much of a difference tbh. Everbody looks and dresses more or less the same these days with some minor differences.

Except the West coast, they on a totally different vibe. Esp SoCal

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

it’s not about the origin it’s about who made it popular first and who followed after.

Most of the stuff we wear in NYC weren’t originally made in our city but it took off from our city.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
fasho
but make no mistake, at that time there was no such thing as "uk drill". Those london cats were making their own version of "chicago drill" beats or "DJ L drill beats".

I dont see much of a difference tbh. Everbody looks and dresses more or less the same these days with some minor differences.

Everyone dress the same now true but I still believe some areas take it more serious then others.

I do think NYC, Detroit, Chicago, LA, DC are cities that take it up a notch.

I might add Memphis in there also because they appear to look like good dressers to me.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
fasho

It’s not about how people dress it’s about who started these trends, put these brands, who these companies like KITH and Supreme are biting. Today’s rapper is wearing things that were being worn by people in NYC over 10 years ago that were specific to NYC regionally.