NXT Revamp; New Theme and logo revealed; Samoa Joe relinquishes NXT Championship

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Prince Paul, huh? Lmao
Triple H and his NXT brand has been gutted
That’s now 110 superstars who have been released by WWE in the past two years and according to Sean Ross Sapp, just under 18 percent of those have gone on to find full-time contracted work in other companies.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don’t blame them for this mentality.

they put all this stock and money into Adam Cole when he clearly won’t work on the main roster

he’s too small

and there’s no need for someone like Bobby fish to be having singles matches on their show

they DO need to go younger and bigger

And if they aren’t big enough to look legit on the main roster, then they need to be in the cruiserweight division

What’s the difference with Balor and AJ?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I don’t blame them for this mentality.

they put all this stock and money into Adam Cole when he clearly won’t work on the main roster

he’s too small

and there’s no need for someone like Bobby fish to be having singles matches on their show

they DO need to go younger and bigger

And if they aren’t big enough to look legit on the main roster, then they need to be in the cruiserweight division
Here what I don’t get, why have 205 live and NXT? When you could have just had all the 205 guys on NXT and built the brand around those guys?

It seems like Vince only wanted 205 live and NXT UK to hit the indies so no other company could build any steam. It doesn’t seem like he ever had real plans for those shows, NXT caught steam on accident. Now that NXT has been gutted and they aren’t able to grab the hot “free agents” anymore they haven’t been able to replace what has been lost.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Here what I don’t get, why have 205 live and NXT? When you could have just had all the 205 guys on NXT and built the brand around those guys?

It seems like Vince only wanted 205 live and NXT UK to hit the indies so no other company could build any steam. It doesn’t seem like he ever had real plans for those shows, NXT caught steam on accident. Now that NXT has been gutted and they aren’t able to grab the hot “free agents” anymore they haven’t been able to replace what has been lost.

yeah I don’t understand what they’re doing with 205 because the obvious answer seemed to merge it with nxt but they never did

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

205 Live is for the international markets. Eventhough most people don't watch in the US, it's part of the tv deal, along with Main Event, internationally

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
I actually agree with Vince on this. Before AEW came thru, NXT filled that indie-style niche but with a better presentation. A place where the “real wrestler” types could shine. After they lost the head to head with AEW, AEW fills that spot nicely. So why would Vince spend more money trying to fight for a style of wrestling/wrestlers that he doesn’t even want in the first place?

Meanwhile, they haven’t had a real developmental in years. It doesn’t make sense to hire 40 year old wrestlers and put them in your developmental-but-not-developmental brand. Half of the people coming through NXT didn’t need to be there and didn’t need developing. Valkyrie is a great example. What in the hell is she doing down there when she’s more primed than half the women they have on the main brands? Get her on the main brands.

They need to figure out what the hell they want, this grey area shyt isn’t working.

Last edited:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I actually agree with Vince on this. Before AEW came thru, NXT filled that indie-style niche but with a better presentation. A place where the “real wrestler” types could shine. After they lost the head to head with AEW, AEW fills that spot nicely. So why would Vince spend more money trying to fight for a style of wrestling/wrestlers that he doesn’t even want in the first place?

Meanwhile, they haven’t had a real developmental in years. It doesn’t make sense to hire 40 year old wrestlers and put them in your developmental-but-not-developmental brand. Half of the people coming through NXT didn’t need to be there and didn’t need developing. Valkyrie is a great example. What in the hell is she doing down there when she’s more primed than half the women they have on the main brands? Get her on the main brands.

They need to figure out what the hell they want, this grey area shyt isn’t working.

Bully Ray was talkin bout this on “Busted Open”. Vince saw AEW whoop NXT in the ratings and was heated. He say Vince is big on “Perception is REALITY.”

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Bully Ray was talkin bout this on “Busted Open”. Vince saw AEW whoop NXT in the ratings and was heated. He say Vince is big on “Perception is REALITY.”

Vince needs to worry if AEW catches up to Raw not NXT. Then his perception will be reality.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Vince needs to worry if AEW catches up to Raw not NXT. Then his perception will be reality.

I don't think he gives a shyt about if aew can catch raw in ratings. Monday night football coming in to take a chunk away so it's inevitable anyways. :yeshrug:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
They screwed up in believing & thinking there's a true "WWE way of wrestling". A guy like Samoa Joe didn't need to be in NXT for that long. Maybe a month or two at most but not years, same with Keith Lee. They're older and that times being wasted.

NXT and AEW should've never been compared to begin with tho. Jericho, Omega, etc aren't developmental talents and shouldn't be compared to such.

IMO nxt is great for guys like Gargano, Cole, etc. Guys who won't be stars on the main roster, but still have alot to offer, and can sell mech with a strong fan base.

I hated the early days of nxt where it was basically like Tough Enough pt 2