NPR debate panel on illegal immigration

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:dwillhuh: Where did I say anything even alluding to such a conclusion?
cause you ignored it.

You focused on kids with illegal parents...

So lets talk about grown adults who are here illegally. What about them?

You thought that shyt would slide just so you'd have some meat to chew on when it comes to kids.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
The law also states that anyone born here is a US citizen, which if deporting the illegal parents is your stance, makes the issue far more complex, which is on of the reasons why immigration law is always a major issue in every election :usure:

I think the best way forward is reducing the cost and complexity to become a US citizen, while maintaining the stringent security around doing so.
It's not the best way forward. There is already tons of evidence documenting the presence of illegal immigrants costs the country a ton and undermines the employment prospects of people at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder- particularly black men.

As for what to do, their parents broke the law, their parents have to pay the consequences. That is how it works whether or not you're a US citizen. You could apply your same logic to a US citizen who commits a crime. They grow up poor and decide to rob a bank or commit credit card fraud. Hey, they're not killing anybody right? Well what do you think happens to any kids they have if they get caught and go to prison? You can't be OK with one and not the other.

You're trying to appeal to emotion to back up a weak argument. I'm not buying it. Do the crime, do the time. An inconsistent legal process is dangerous and pointless.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
But you're oversimplifying the issue and didn't address my main point. If you send the child with the parent, then they are an illegal immigrant in the home country. Or is that just for that country to figure out at that point? :francis:
The USA is one of a handful of nations with birthright citizenship.

Nations Granting Birthright Citizenship | NumbersUSA

Just because its done, doesn't mean it HAS to be done.

And most of the countries that do it, are in North and South America.

So how do you figure that? :francis:

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It's not the best way forward. There is already tons of evidence documenting the presence of illegal immigrants costs the country a ton and undermines the employment prospects of people at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder- particularly black men.

As for what to do, their parents broke the law, their parents have to pay the consequences. That is how it works whether or not you're a US citizen. You could apply your same logic to a US citizen who commits a crime. They grow up poor and decide to rob a bank or commit credit card fraud. Hey, they're not killing anybody right? Well what do you think happens to any kids they have if they get caught and go to prison? You can't be OK with one and not the other.

You're trying to appeal to emotion to back up a weak argument. I'm not buying it. Do the crime, do the time. An inconsistent legal process is dangerous and pointless.

Good post, your analogies make a lot of sense actually. I never thought about it that way :ehh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The law also states that anyone born here is a US citizen, which if deporting the illegal parents is your stance, makes the issue far more complex, which is on of the reasons why immigration law is always a major issue in every election :usure:

I think the best way forward is reducing the cost and complexity to become a US citizen, while maintaining the stringent security around doing so.
1. I support reform for LEGAL immigrants. I worked with a foreign person who was an actual MD, not a student, once who had to leave the country because they couldn't find work quick enough. It sucked that she was uber qualified and yet had to leave, then come back, file paperwork again, and then hope to come back for work. I'm talking more visas, more visa classes, and more streamlined processes for family, etc.

2. none of these reforms qualify for the vast majority of illegal immigrants.

At this rate, we keep doing amnesty for every 20-30 years, and its getting pointless since illegals have tons more rights it seems. They can drive, they can get welfare, healthcare, education, etc.

Whats the point for them to even apply for citizenship? Whats the incentive for them to pay back-taxes?

I mean hell, in many states they can get professional licenses for a range of careers.

Offering amnesty seems merely a vanity proposition right now.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Good post, your analogies make a lot of sense actually. I never thought about it that way :ehh:
Glad I could help

shyt hit me when I asked myself.... how does amnesty for illegal immigrants help American citizens? I couldn't come up with an answer and neither could usual suspects like @88m3, @hashmander, @jayshiggs and other neoliberals

Most people for it either benefit personally or are just with it because they've been conditioned and bullied into getting with it. shyt makes no sense for America

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Glad I could help

shyt hit me when I asked myself.... how does amnesty for illegal immigrants help American citizens? I couldn't come up with an answer and neither could usual suspects like @88m3, @hashmander, @jayshiggs and other neoliberals

Most people for it either benefit personally or are just with it because they've been conditioned and bullied into getting with it. shyt makes no sense for America
Its usually out of touch white liberals and go-along-to-get-along types.

Look...the USA's left is overcompensating for a lot of the wrongs it dealt to minorities. And I make no excuse or attempt to defend the fringes of white supremacy that inform a lot of the anti-illegal immigrant sentiment of Trump.

But...we have our own interests to look out for. If those circles overlap, so be it. But we are going our own way and we need to start controlling our narrative.

My main stance for illegal immigration is solely it's impact on black America. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Blacks will still face racism unfortunately, but complicating our job and economic prospects with people who shouldn't even BE HERE is just another hurdle that can easily be addressed above and beyond many of the generational and institutional obstacles we currently face.

And whats more, the traditional black organizations aren't event backing us up on this. The NAACP is absent. The CBC is absent. BLM is absent.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
or the offspring of black jamaican immigrants like me. i've never been in a position to compete with an illegal immigrant for a job and i dont' know anyone who is. legal immigrants are on my radar though.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
or the offspring of black jamaican immigrants like me. i've never been in a position to compete with an illegal immigrant for a job and i dont' know anyone who is. legal immigrants are on my radar though.
1. I was born here. My parents gained citizenship in the 90s. I even helped them study for the test. I know what the stakes are.

2. You might as well propose the abolition of social welfare since you've never used it either.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Glad I could help

Your nativism is touching.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Glad I could help

:dwillhuh:

Welcome to the darkside