NPR debate panel on illegal immigration

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
you dont need to round up 11 million, you merely enforce existing law more thoroughly, which ironically is what obama started doing in the beginning, people get caught up in immgration in all kinds of ways, and obama was deporting 400,000 a year, in fact that IMO that is why you started seeing a negative migration to mexico. So all you have to do is increase enforcment, to maybe 750,000 a year and a lot of people will self deport because the cost of being an illegal immigrant becomes to high, in 10 years with stricter enforcement and self deportation you willl have a huge reduction in illegal immigration, you dont gotta build a wall and you doint have to round anybody up
Obama only deports "criminals" though which no one really disagrees with. But how are you gonna deport working families who are just here to live period? The plan to whittle them down with some time of sanctions over time isn't gonna work because they'll still prefer to be here and make something of themselves than go back to say Honduras. The only step is to bring a force through their homes and drag them out. I just don't agree with that.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Neocons have pretty much said fukk free trade principles, anti-immigration arguments are on par with "bring back manufacturing jobs" rhetoric.
bruh. you missed the whole point, and theres no way you listened to all of it, citing your time stamps.

even further, they talked about equality, fairness, and literally the law and the purpose of borders and impacts on existing poor.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
bruh. you missed the whole point, and theres no way you listened to all of it, citing your time stamps.

even further, they talked about equality, fairness, and literally the law and the purpose of borders and impacts on existing poor.

Did I say I finished? :stopitslime: Calm the fucc down

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Obama only deports "criminals" though which no one really disagrees with. But how are you gonna deport working families who are just here to live period? The plan to whittle them down with some time of sanctions over time isn't gonna work because they'll still prefer to be here and make something of themselves than go back to say Honduras. The only step is to bring a force through their homes and drag them out. I just don't agree with that.

and again you dont have to deport whole families, if for example a father or mother get deported then the whole family is likely to self deport, IMO that is why you started seeing a negative migration to mexico and that is why there was huge outcry

to defend himself from being the deporter in chief obama deliberatly slowed down enforcement

obama was deporting anybody they could get their hands on, including criminals, there were all kinds of people getting deported, there was a program where anybody that came in contact with police for whatever reason, even a jaywalking ticket was getting deported

for example, a lot of people are suppose to go to immigration court but they skip court and say fuk it, the problem for them is that their info and fingerprints are still in the government computers, so when they get that jaywalking ticket, their name would pop and they would get caught, this program was so effective that obama had to stop it, (i forget the name of the program)

but the point is there are millions of low hanging fruit that simply increasing enforcement would net millions of people without going door to door and without building a wall

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
This is the world we live in though, aka reality. There's 10-15 million undocumented immigrants living here. Part of the argument is what to do with them. You can't go back in time and change that. Also do you agree with Trump that we need to spend billions on a wall and put forces all alongside it to enforce the law? Also what about migration from Mexico being in the negative in the present day? Things aren't as cut and dry as it's wrong, there's gotta be a solution.
No, me wanting to enforce immigration law is not an endorsement of Trump's asinine policy :comeon:

Mexico migration being negative is great, but ~30-40K per year is a rounding error in the context of the 10-30 million people here illegally. We logistically can't send 30 million people back tomorrow but some kind of plan has to be set in place. They found a way here so we can find them a way back. When I travel I have to go through various immigration channels, show my passport and sometimes even explain why I'm there. Why should anyone be able to bypass those processes and get to stay when they do so?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neocons have pretty much said fukk free trade principles, anti-immigration arguments are on par with "bring back manufacturing jobs" rhetoric.
Being anti illegal immigration is not being anti ALL immigration. And being anti illegal immigration doesn't make one a neocon :stopitslime:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Being anti illegal immigration is not being anti ALL immigration. And being anti illegal immigration doesn't make one a neocon :stopitslime:

The economic arguments are on the level of bringing back factory jobs, they both represent issues where there is a huge disparity between economists and the average joe. And I was referring to the Neocon in the video btw.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
or the offspring of black jamaican immigrants like me. i've never been in a position to compete with an illegal immigrant for a job and i dont' know anyone who is. legal immigrants are on my radar though.
Thats not the real issue in my mind. China and the U.S have damn near the same GDP but what is the difference in the standard of living? Population. The population of the United States is rising faster than economic growth meaning we are fighting for a piece of the pie and the rations are getting smaller. Our infrastructure, healthcare, water supply, land use, and so on will all be put under stress.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown

He'd rather release them from prison and see them go back to raping and murdering like many of them have after being released.

Any city that acts as a sanctuary city should be vaporized.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Build the wall, cut all welfare for non citizens, deport all illegals starting with the criminals

shyt ain't hard.
We don't even need to build the wall. Just enforcing the laws on the books is enough.

It's amazing that the people who support a president and candidate that have droned us into a 5 war boondoggle responsible for the deaths of millions of civilians and a generation of the Middle East want to speak to the "cruelty" of enforcing immigration law. We're not talking about bullshyt like the war on drugs- these people clearly broke the law and are not supposed to be here. Logistically we've let this mestasize to where it's probably too late, but conceptually it's pretty fukking cut and dry brehs.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He'd rather release them from prison and see them go back to raping and murdering like many of them have after being released.

Any city that acts as a sanctuary city should be vaporized.

Sounds like breakfast and dinner for white folks. Have you raped or murdered anyone lately?
I see you're a Patriots fan.

:manny:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sure, it was hyperbole. I just think the idea of sanctuary cities are beyond absurd and criminal.
Then say that :martin: What is it with you conservatives and this tough talk fetish? Like if you stop projecting strength for a millisecond the whole facade crumbles. You dudes sound ridiculous