NPR debate panel on illegal immigration

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yeah...in the age of Trump there is no such thing as moderation and pragmatism :francis:

I think giving every single undocumented immigrant in this country amnesty or a pathway to it is a bit too much but providing for some under specific circumstances is fine.
Providing work permits and employment opportunities is fine but businesses should be required by law to have a quota of American born workers hired and they are prioritized first.

Deporting those that need to be deported is necessary but what the hell do you do with a parent that is undocumented with a native born child?:patrice:
you send them all back?

You know, this is what other countries do, right?

I mean...we could have SOME exceptions. But I'm just showing you that theres other solutions to this problem than the binary choices you're committed to.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
you send them all back?

Including the Children born here? Cause legally they are citizens even if their parents aren't. Their argument iin the video was for "enforcing the law"...well by keeping kids of undocumented immigrants here that's "enforcing a law".

You know, this is what other countries do, right?

Great point...now do we do "what every country does" in every aspect or do we just pick and choose?

I mean...we could have SOME exceptions. But I'm just showing you that theres other solutions to this problem than the binary choices you're committed to.

Both sides offered reasonable arguments and we have to be told either choose one or you can't do neither....

As I said before...in the age of Trump moderation and rationalization is dead.

:snoop:

Daps
agreed w/ everything that colombian woman was saying....for the libertarians, its not even about illegals, they hate the poor & uneducated immigrants in general...

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Yeah...in the age of Trump there is no such thing as moderation and pragmatism :francis:

I think giving every single undocumented immigrant in this country amnesty or a pathway to it is a bit too much but providing for some under specific circumstances is fine.
Providing work permits and employment opportunities is fine but businesses should be required by law to have a quota of American born workers hired and they are prioritized first.

Deporting those that need to be deported is necessary but what the hell do you do with a parent that is undocumented with a native born child?:patrice:

wow, you're a deplorable racist :scust:

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The parent is not a legal citizen, If the child goes with the parent how is that breaking up the family? I think the family should stay together

But then you're "deporting" a legal citizen. I don't see how you rationalize around that obvious catch. And then you're sending what you could presumably assume is an "illegal" (ie, the child who is a US citizen) in the eyes of the parent's home country for their immigration to deal with. It's a clusterfukk no matter how you look at it;.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
But then you're "deporting" a legal citizen. I don't see how you rationalize around that obvious catch. And then you're sending what you could presumably assume is an "illegal" (ie, the child who is a US citizen) in the eyes of the parent's home country for their immigration to deal with. It's a clusterfukk no matter how you look at it;.

There is no catch and no rationalizing, the family should stay together and the child should go with the parent, it's that simple

It's the parents responsibility to clear up the paperwork

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
agreed w/ everything that colombian woman was saying....for the libertarians, its not even about illegals, they hate the poor & uneducated immigrants in general...
Except the reason there's so many poor is because illegals depress wages. They were even against employers who hire illegals against the law

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Including the Children born here? Cause legally they are citizens even if their parents aren't. Their argument iin the video was for "enforcing the law"...well by keeping kids of undocumented immigrants here that's "enforcing a law".

Great point...now do we do "what every country does" in every aspect or do we just pick and choose?

Both sides offered reasonable arguments and we have to be told either choose one or you can't do neither....

As I said before...in the age of Trump moderation and rationalization is dead.

:snoop:
Illegals don't deserve to stay just because they aren't breaking any more laws.

Being here is already illegal.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Let's not focus on the statistical Minority of cases of anchor babies.

You've basically confirmed that if they don't have citizen kids, they should go immediately.

Or how about this? If the kid is under the age of 16, they can stay?