NPR debate panel on illegal immigration

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Can we call them anchor babies? Cause like 4 years ago y'all hated that term.

I think it is a sweeping generalization to say that every illegal immigrant in this country that has children does it for that sole reason, that's literally asinine thinking. I'm sure some do, but like all other generalizations in political blame, it's probably a very small percentage.

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Let's not focus on the statistical Minority of cases of anchor babies.

You've basically confirmed that if they don't have citizen kids, they should go immediately.

Or how about this? If the kid is under the age of 16, they can stay?

:dwillhuh: Where did I say anything even alluding to such a conclusion?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I think it is a sweeping generalization to say that every illegal immigrant in this country that has children does it for that sole reason, that's literally asinine thinking. I'm sure some do, but like all other generalizations in political blame, it's probably a very small percentage.
Why they're here is irrelevant.... they shouldn't be here :yeshrug:

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
There is no catch and no rationalizing, the family should stay together and the child should go with the parent, it's that simple

It's the parents responsibility to clear up the paperwork

But you're oversimplifying the issue and didn't address my main point. If you send the child with the parent, then they are an illegal immigrant in the home country. Or is that just for that country to figure out at that point? :francis:

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If you believed that you wouldn't still be here. Don't do that.

Immigration law and law in general exists for a reason. Should we stop enforcing all laws now?

Immigration is complicated far beyond kick em out or let em stay. That was more or less my point. Do I know what should be done? Fukk no, nor am I passionate about either option.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
But you're oversimplifying the issue and didn't address my main point. If you send the child with the parent, then they are an illegal immigrant in the home country. Or is that just for that country to figure out at that point? :francis:

yeah its for the parent and the country to figure it out, that is a minor paperwork issue, i dont even know why you bringing it up

there is no oversimplification, the child goes with the parent unless the parent makes other arrangments

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Immigration is complicated far beyond kick em out or let em stay. That was more or less my point. Do I know what should be done? Fukk no, nor am I passionate about either option.
You're not passionate about either option, but you don't want us to enforce immigration laws on the books to keep families together :comeon:

Immigration policy is complicated but the laws on the books are simple. You come here illegally, you get deported :yeshrug: If people don't like it, they have to change the law. Picking and choosing laws to enforce or not enforce undermines the whole legal process.

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
yeah its for the parent and the country to figure it out, that is a minor paperwork issue, i dont even know why you bringing it up

there is no oversimplification, the child goes with the parent unless the parent makes other arrangments

If that were true, we wouldn't be having this discussion. :mjgrin:

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You're not passionate about either option, but you don't want us to enforce immigration laws on the books to keep families together :comeon:

Immigration policy is complicated but the laws on the books are simple. You come here illegally, you get deported :yeshrug: If people don't like it, they have to change the law. Picking and choosing laws to enforce or not enforce undermines the whole legal process.

The law also states that anyone born here is a US citizen, which if deporting the illegal parents is your stance, makes the issue far more complex, which is on of the reasons why immigration law is always a major issue in every election :usure:

I think the best way forward is reducing the cost and complexity to become a US citizen, while maintaining the stringent security around doing so.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
If that were true, we wouldn't be having this discussion. :mjgrin:

i dont know what you mean, immigration law in the us doesnt take into account paperwork issues that arise in other countries, that actually has nothing to do with the discussion

parents with us citizen children get deported all the time, there is nothing complicated about it

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Well how do you know?

Do you ask each of them?

Does intent matter?

If you're illegal yourself, and you have kids here...thats a de facto, anchor baby.