Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I’ve seen him play plenty ….but @ bolded this is actually what you SHOULD do with role players. Remove emotion. It’s a bit of Moneyball. Idgaf about your sorry ass eye test when a guy is shooting 38% from the field

If you’re a role player, you 100% fall into a box and that can be supported by your ‘basic stats’. IQ profiles as an off the bench tweener, scorer, slightly above average shooting with no finishing. I don’t need to watch every minute of every game to know what he is ….I’ve watched this game for decades to know what he is. :mjtf:

When you bring that ‘y’all gotta watch him play every game :damn:‘ emotion to it, that’s how guys like Marcus smart, Dylan brooks have oversized roles on their teams. Bc your ignore the “basic stats’

Mans shooting 35% from the field but you talkin bout ‘but did you watch him play’ ngga please
"Role players"

Ya nikkas so basic and cliche with this shyt

Quickley shot 45% (Idk where you're getting this 38% and 35% from the field shyt from) he has improved as a finisher every season he's been in the league as he's improved his core strength (he's coming off his third damn season in the league) he is well above average from floater range, his %'s are to be taken with a grain of salt anyway because of his shot profile (the same way a player like FVV or Chauncey Billups %'s should be taken with a grain of salt, high volume of threes), he's one of the rangiest players in the league he makes deep bombs and takes his fair share of unassisted triples. Even when his shot isn't falling he still has an impact because he spaces the court that alone makes players around him better and its part of his value. Dennis fukking Shroeder does not do that. This guy is worth $20M a season under the new CBA and is capable of starting on many teams his potential is honestly untapped. He just turned 24 and he might be too good for his role we might have to trade him.

His defense last season as per every metric was above average if you watch him play he is constantly pestering, helping, and using his long arms to disrupt the passing lanes. He is an invaluable part of our team and without him we may have not even made the playoffs because he was a well above average PG in his spot starts.

What "oversized role" do Marcus Smart and Dillon Brooks have? They are your typical players that every championship team has had. What? They take bad shots sometimes? What they ain't shyt because their teams haven't won chips, man please. NBA fans are the worst.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This statement is wild wrong. IQ is legitimately a two way player. His defense is absolutely fantastic and with his long arms he bothers 1-3 on the court. He’s the second defensive leader behind Mitchell Robinson
aite the hyperbole for guys is getting outrageous :mjlol:
U have to watch games

I mean you can also just look at the analytics

How ya feel so comfortable being loud and wrong is crazy to me :bryan:
:unimpressed: this you btw

His defense last season as per every metric was above average if you watch him play he is constantly pestering, helping, and using his long arms to disrupt the passing lanes. He is an invaluable part of our team and without him we may have not even made the playoffs because he was a well above average PG in his spot starts.
:unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: Why would he get paid? He’s a 6th man

This is where personality and endearing yourself to fans comes in. With Brunson there Quickly is now 100% a 6th man (for NY at least), but bc he’s likeable and plays with energy people have inflated perception of him

Same for Obi Toppin. For years I was sayin he’s not that nice. Knicks fan: ‘play Obi, Obi is untouchable’ :heh: Obi traded tor 2nd round picks

It’s one thing to pay/overpay a guy bc you can’t replace him. But Quickley? Nah you can replace that with a MLE level player any off-season. Gabe Vincent, Schrdoer, etc
IQ is a lot better than those two Jesus man lol. There's not a stat, game, shyt anything that would support the claim that they're all comparable, but feel free to post them if you got them.

If Quickley was on another team nikkas would be slurping him. No one said Obi was untouchable either, we just wanted an attempt at making our lottery investment work at some point. That image you have of Knicks fans in your head doesn't exist on this message board.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I think the NBA/Players Union needs to change the contract structure...The players as a whole should still get the same percentage. but how much a Supermax player can make should be capped at 25%...However, if you win MVP, scoring title, etc....you can make up to 30%...Also, players should be allowed to negotiate a percentage of the team's Ownership...For example.....If you have a "Goat" caliber player who has accumulated a specific amount of MVPs/DPOTY/Titles/Finals MVPs...they should be allowed to negotiate 1- 5 % ownership.

I think players should get a percentage of the team if they win a ring (with stipulations so dudes can't ride the bench for it)

But there'd have to be some clause like it only kicks in after you've stayed with a organization for 3 seasons, otherwise every would just load up on whatever teams make the most money every season and try to cash out

They gotta do something cuz like gil and then was saying, it doesn't make any sense that Wade gotta go all the way to Utah to get an organization gig with all he accomplished for Miami