Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I'm looking at this through the lens of Black economic empowerment.

I want players to get ownership but there is a cat somewhere in this deal I'm skeptical.
Sounds like fear mongering to keep ownership out of the majority black players hands :francis:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Sounds good in theory but I see this going wrong in unforeseen ways.
If they don’t have the right people managing this it’s a wrap… shyt sounds like a legit new way money grab from players… before it was one or two mofos with some investing opportunity a player would dive head first into and end up losing damn near all their money with no recourse..

I’m telling CJ McCollum a snake ass nikka you can see it in his face.. I would legit put hands on that bum ass nikka

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If they don’t have the right people managing this it’s a wrap… shyt sounds like a legit new way money grab from players… before it was one or two mofos with some investing opportunity a player would dive head first into and end up losing damn near all their money with no recourse..

I’m telling CJ McCollum a snake ass nikka you can see it in his face.. I would legit put hands on that bum ass nikka

Sounds like they have startup accelerators to help players navigate startup creation.

Hopefully these brothas help get other Black people get in the room and come up.

With collaboration from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z)’s Cultural Leadership Fund and Patricof Co, the 2022 NBPA Players Accelerator kicked off last month with program participants beginning to prepare and refine their individual business plans.

In the final stage of this program, participants will attend a 2-day Training Camp In Las Vegas, NV in July 2022. This 2-day experience will include “450 Culture Connect”, an exclusive athlete-venture mixer hosted by the NBPA and a16z’s Cultural Leadership Fund which will serve as a platform for program participants to foster connections with business and technology leaders, startup founders, investors, and more.

Last edited:

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
I think the NBA/Players Union needs to change the contract structure...The players as a whole should still get the same percentage. but how much a Supermax player can make should be capped at 25%...However, if you win MVP, scoring title, etc....you can make up to 30%...Also, players should be allowed to negotiate a percentage of the team's Ownership...For example.....If you have a "Goat" caliber player who has accumulated a specific amount of MVPs/DPOTY/Titles/Finals MVPs...they should be allowed to negotiate 1- 5 % ownership.
:mjlol:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
IQ is a lot better than those two Jesus man lol. There's not a stat, game, shyt anything that would support the claim that they're all comparable, but feel free to post them if you got them.

If Quickley was on another team nikkas would be slurping him. No one said Obi was untouchable either, we just wanted an attempt at making our lottery investment work at some point. That image you have of Knicks fans in your head doesn't exist on this message board.

No shyt, that’s why homers ain’t to be listened to. Y’all think being a homer and watching every game gives you more credence. It doesn’t. It actually may be the opposite. You’re too close to it, too emotional, and can’t be trusted to make objective analysis. Something you literally just admitted. ‘We wanted to make it work’. Hence Quickley has become a Gary Payton Steph curry mashup over the last 10 pages

And as far as Obi….

:dead:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No shyt, that’s why homers ain’t to be listened to. Y’all think being a homer and watching every game gives you more credence. It doesn’t. It actually may be the opposite. You’re too close to it, too emotional, and can’t be trusted to make objective analysis. Something you literally just admitted. ‘We wanted to make it work’. Hence Quickley has become a Gary Payton Steph curry mashup over the last 10 pages

And as far as Obi….

:dead:

No I'm not and no I didn't lol. "We wanted an ATTEMPT at making an investment work" is very different from "We wanted to make it work", because we don't know if an investment is worth anything if you don't put it to use, which we never did. You didn't post a stat or cogent argument either, just some "I said" shyt lmao. You make a claim, back that shyt up let the facts speak for themselves. No one said he's a Gary Payton and Steph Curry mash up either, comprehension and your interpretation skills are fukking you up rn. I said "THIS BOARD" specifically too, because I'm sure there's a looney in every fan base that has some insane opinion that we all can't account for. I'm sure there's a nikka who thought John Starks could go bucket for bucket with Michael Jordan too, it doesn't mean he represents every Knicks fan. It's just that nowadays every a$$hole has access to a platform with millions of potential consumers so we gotta see the dumb shyt on our timelines.

Post some stats, show me how Gabe Vincent, Immanuel Quickley, and Dennis Schroder were comparable players last year. Don't cherry pick eithe, give me substantial sample sizes.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
No I'm not and no I didn't lol. "We wanted an ATTEMPT at making an investment work" is very different from "We wanted to make it work", because we don't know if an investment is worth anything if you don't put it to use, which we never did.

That’s the beauty (ugly) of this league my guy: by the time you make an “attempt” at making it work that player can be exposed and/or his value drops significantly. You have finite windows to capitalize on a players (perceived) value. Tyreese Haliburton coulda been had for Ben simmons. Thybuille was “untouchable”. Knicks coulda got value for Toppin. Those windows closed.

Post some stats, show me how Gabe Vincent, Immanuel Quickley, and Dennis Schroder were comparable players last year. Don't cherry pick eithe, give me substantial sample sizes.

Say less! I hate cherry picking and small sample sizes too so let’s go careers stats!

IQ: 13, 3, 3 on 41/36
Schröder: 14, 5, 3 on 43/33

Seems pretty comparable to me :pachaha: but idk it’s only 7 years of data. Might need that fan eye test to verify :pachaha:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s the beauty (ugly) of this league my guy: by the time you make an “attempt” at making it work that player can be exposed and/or his value drops significantly. You have finite windows to capitalize on a players (perceived) value. Tyreese Haliburton coulda been had for Ben simmons. Thybuille was “untouchable”. Knicks coulda got value for Toppin. Those windows closed.

Say less! I hate cherry picking and small sample sizes too so let’s go careers stats!

IQ: 13, 3, 3 on 41/36
Schröder: 14, 5, 3 on 43/33

What we doin you tell me :pachaha:
nikka saw those stats from last season and realized his argument was absurd so he pulled the career stats:dead: You know damn well I meant a substantial sample size from last season because you were talking about who could replace IQ right NOW lmao. I was trying to stop you from giving me some random two week sample to back you up and you went in the opposite direction man fukk you lmaoooooo :dead:

At least you dropped Gabe from the convo :ehh:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
nikka saw those stats from last season and realized his argument was absurd so he pulled the career stats:dead: You know damn well I meant a substantial sample size from last season because you were talking about who could replace IQ right NOW lmao. I was trying to stop you from giving me some random two week sample to back you up and you went in the opposite direction man fukk you lmaoooooo :dead:

At least you dropped Gabe from the convo :ehh:

If you’re so concerned about sample size why are you ignoring the previous 2 years when IQ shot under 40% :wtf:

Also, I’m not ignoring gabe Vincent. maybe I’m giving you too much credit that you understood this point without me saying it: whether IQ is “better” than Gabe isn’t the only concern, it’s about value. Gabe on a 3/33 >>>>> giving IQ the bag to come off the bench