Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I think the NBA/Players Union needs to change the contract structure...The players as a whole should still get the same percentage. but how much a Supermax player can make should be capped at 25%...However, if you win MVP, scoring title, etc....you can make up to 30%...Also, players should be allowed to negotiate a percentage of the team's Ownership...For example.....If you have a "Goat" caliber player who has accumulated a specific amount of MVPs/DPOTY/Titles/Finals MVPs...they should be allowed to negotiate 1- 5 % ownership.
I think players should get a percentage of the team if they win a ring (with stipulations so dudes can't ride the bench for it)

But there'd have to be some clause like it only kicks in after you've stayed with a organization for 3 seasons, otherwise every would just load up on whatever teams make the most money every season and try to cash out

They gotta do something cuz like gil and then was saying, it doesn't make any sense that Wade gotta go all the way to Utah to get an organization gig with all he accomplished for Miami

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I gotta listen to this

I know they gon be clowning
It'll be dope when they're back in person for Vegas

They still tryna get Gil to hit the blunt and pod high :heh: I need to see it

edit: 1:34:20 mark..... this nikka was sitting on a box to look taller cuz his chair was huge, they roasted him real quick and he took the box off

nikka SANK in to the chair so far they told him to put the box back :dead::dead::dead:

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
To everyone saying anyone should give a discount or he’s not worth that contract

Get your money black man
:yeshrug:

Is he referring to the salary that’s put in an escrow account? At the end of the year the NBA would calculate total salaries to make sure they didn’t go over the agreed upon split of basketball related income in the CBA. If the salaries went over that money was given back to get the splits back to the proper split and then the rest given back.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Again, why tho :wtf:

‘Can really shoot it’ a career 36% shooter from 3. Meh

Last year was his first year over 40% from the field. That tells me he can’t finish. You can look at his build and tell.

So yea nah. The only type of team I could see giving him a bag is BK, or Chicago, a PG starved team that will take a flyer.

More than likely tho he’s Terry rosier, Dennis Schroeder. Good player but not quite good enough to be a starting PG so he’s just another undersized microwave scorer. You don’t go out of your way to pay that archetype
U have to watch games

I don’t know why so many of you feel so comfortable talking about players you’ve never seen play

And then citing the most basic of box score stats to try to dissect their game just stop it

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:wtf: Why would he get paid? He’s a 6th man

This is where personality and endearing yourself to fans comes in. With Brunson there Quickly is now 100% a 6th man (for NY at least), but bc he’s likeable and plays with energy people have inflated perception of him

Same for Obi Toppin. For years I was sayin he’s not that nice. Knicks fan: ‘play Obi, Obi is untouchable’ :heh: Obi traded tor 2nd round picks

It’s one thing to pay/overpay a guy bc you can’t replace him. But Quickley? Nah you can replace that with a MLE level player any off-season. Gabe Vincent, Schrdoer, etc
Him being a “6th Man” doesn’t mean shyt he plays more minutes than many starters throughout the league and also spot starts (22/5/5 in 21 starts) and closes games out

I don’t know where we’d be without bro last season we probably a play in team with these proposed replacements

Vincent is getting laughably overrated nikka sucked during the season

He’s an integral part of the team you don’t watch duke play so why you speaking on him

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Toronto fans are the most miserable bunch on the site everyone is trash or sucks

Banton is worth a flier he’s a young interesting player that can be developed further it’s not that serious

if you say so
banton is barely an nba player but do you breh

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
if you say so
banton is barely an nba player but do you breh

Honestly I'll bet that he will do better after he leaves Toronto. Nick Nurse is not someone who can develop talent or instills confidence in his players, and he did show promising signs at the beginning of his career. He's definitely not a primary ball handler, but there are worse bets you could take with the minimum.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
U have to watch games

I don’t know why so many of you feel so comfortable talking about players you’ve never seen play

And then citing the most basic of box score stats to try to dissect their game just stop it

I’ve seen him play plenty ….but @ bolded this is actually what you SHOULD do with role players. Remove emotion. It’s a bit of Moneyball. Idgaf about your sorry ass eye test when a guy is shooting 38% from the field

If you’re a role player, you 100% fall into a box and that can be supported by your ‘basic stats’. IQ profiles as an off the bench tweener, scorer, slightly above average shooting with no finishing. I don’t need to watch every minute of every game to know what he is ….I’ve watched this game for decades to know what he is. :mjtf:

When you bring that ‘y’all gotta watch him play every game :damn:‘ emotion to it, that’s how guys like Marcus smart, Dylan brooks have oversized roles on their teams. Bc your ignore the “basic stats’

Mans shooting 35% from the field but you talkin bout ‘but did you watch him play’ ngga please