Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Someone would give him that next year if he asks out.
Not if they don't have his bird rights they won't.

The problem that they're going to run into and when they have to do it for Tatum here in the next couple of years. That's going to cause unintended tension between the two and the media will help do the bidding.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Knicks fans always put a smile on the faces of neutral fans :pachaha:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I think the NBA/Players Union needs to change the contract structure...The players as a whole should still get the same percentage. but how much a Supermax player can make should be capped at 25%...However, if you win MVP, scoring title, etc....you can make up to 30%...Also, players should be allowed to negotiate a percentage of the team's Ownership...For example.....If you have a "Goat" caliber player who has accumulated a specific amount of MVPs/DPOTY/Titles/Finals MVPs...they should be allowed to negotiate 1- 5 % ownership.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
When you check back in and see the Suns have quietly built a solid bench and assembled a good squad over the last few days.

:why: how the hell did they manage to flip that?

Hate to sound like a broken record but y’all REALLY overestimate role players

Guys you gotta relax lol Bc the flip side of having Booker and KD is the quality of role players needed is much lower. ‘Others’ are easy to find. They just can’t get those guys midseason.

hOw dEy gOn fIlL dA bEnCh

This league is talented af. One man’s trash is another’s bench mob. The less you need giys to do, the better they look. They will EASILY fill out this roster

:unimpressed:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
:wtf: Why would he get paid? He’s a 6th man

This is where personality and endearing yourself to fans comes in. With Brunson there Quickly is now 100% a 6th man (for NY at least), but bc he’s likeable and plays with energy people have inflated perception of him

Same for Obi Toppin. For years I was sayin he’s not that nice. Knicks fan: ‘play Obi, Obi is untouchable’ :heh: Obi traded tor 2nd round picks

It’s one thing to pay/overpay a guy bc you can’t replace him. But Quickley? Nah you can replace that with a MLE level player any off-season. Gabe Vincent, Schrdoer, etc
Quickley ain't staying. They might pack him up for another star to pair with brunson.

The problem is, as long as Randles there, they are going nowhere.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't care if they sound silly from time to time and Mccants is just super random

these nikkas have been my go-to for basketball barbershop discourse

just knowing these nikkas are already paid for life and have no political agendas (except Gils beef with Zeke :lolbron:) makes it easier to listen IMO

I gotta listen to this

I know they gon be clowning