Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Sabonis' series against the Warriors was very worrying. It wasn't just underperforming, he looked horrible like you would never believe the guy was an All NBA player watching that series
Top rebounder in the NBA can't be letting Kevon Looney put up Dennis Rodman stat lines
Went from 2.5/1 AST:TO ratio to 1.2/1 which is a massive downgrade
The Warriors were literally just completely ignoring him, leaving him wide open at midrange and he would be scared to shoot
He also shot 57% from the line
It's something to be concerned about.
But this is what the Kings have built so they gotta stick to it. It's a bit high to me but it is what it is

It's crazy how that series went 7 with Sabonis, Barnes & Huerter all playing terrible but I guess Monk really playing above his level kinda offset that

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
s-l1600.jpg
This would be a gotcha if my entire basis wasn’t we judge players based on the playoffs

I don’t even like Ayton but I saw him put in work in the playoffs

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
AD has played 90% of his minutes at the C for like the last 3 years. He’s a C :heh:

If you have to create hurdles to prove your point then maybe you don’t have one. How about Sabonis outplay Alex Len first
I didn’t have to create hurdles. If you’re counting properly I said even if you include him that gets him to four. And I don’t care where AD played. Devin Booker is about to be the de facto PG for the Suns, is he a natural PG?

Putting all that aside, I’m not arguing anything, I’m putting the burden on you guys to make some sense and you’re failing. Saying DeAndre Ayton is better than Sabonis who just finished top 5 in MVP voting should have you banned from posting for 2 weeks.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
AD is the 3rd best
AD is obviously better than Bam and is a better second option than Sabonis - he also wasn’t even ranked as a center on the NBA’s own website. But this whole conversation is stupid. In no scenario is Sabonis not a max player. This might be the dumbest argument of the off-season. Everyone we just brought up is elite. If the only people better than you at your position are too 20 players in the world - you’re a max player. Like we lived in a world where Vanvleet just got 43 million a year, where Bane just got 207. Like what are we doing right now?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dame can have his preference all he wants, if I’m Portland I’m exploring all opportunities and trading him to the team with the best offer.

He’s under contract until 2027, what’s he gonna do, throw a tantrum and retire if he doesn’t get his handpicked deal to Miami?

Teams need to start calling bluffs
After cashing out Jerami Grant trying to keep Dame, I would be more inclined to tell Damian, "fukk you" for the timing of his trade request

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Pelicans really betting their season on a new offensive coordinator, rookie movement shooter, and players being healthy with less depth while refusing to be a tax team at all cost.

Still can't/won't shoot 3s. Shooting prospect in the draft are wildly hard to pin down and bust so often. Especially when you know he ain't really playing more than 10 minutes untill the All-star break.

They Just need legit shooting roleplayers and some depth at the 5. Talk about not being serious when you got a lot of good peices when healthy.

Yikes. A real shame to be honest. Wasted soo much of that AD and Jrue trade to fix mistakes and not improve the roster. Plus the coaching situation as well with Gentry and Stan Van Gundy.

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
I didn’t have to create hurdles. If you’re counting properly I said even if you include him that gets him to four. And I don’t care where AD played. Devin Booker is about to be the de facto PG for the Suns, is he a natural PG?

Putting all that aside, I’m not arguing anything, I’m putting the burden on you guys to make some sense and you’re failing. Saying DeAndre Ayton is better than Sabonis who just finished top 5 in MVP voting should have you banned from posting for 2 weeks.
MVP votes don't mean a is player better. Sabonis is the focal point of the Kings offense and the Kings had a good season thats why voters gave him votes. despite being the focal point he was never dominant and his numbers weren't that much better than Ayton's. If he's so much better than Ayton why does Ayton get the best of him in h2h matchups? I can tell you haven't watched any of their matchups.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Sabonis sort of reminds me of KAT in the way that the other aspects of his game aren’t all worldly enough to hide his major flaws in the way of someone like Jokic and his lack of rim protection. He can’t play defense nor can he spread the floor and his passing game doesn’t help make up for that.

They might need to replicate what Indy did in putting him next to a big that can shoot and play defense if he’s not going to be at least average at those aspects without overpaying like Minny did with Gobert eventhough their concept made total sense.

Last edited: