Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Teams are scared to call bluffs cause they don't want to be seen as not player friendly which makes the team less desirable as a FA destination
But it's Portland who never signs anyone good anyway
So that really shouldn't be a factor but these teams always operate like that anyway

It's wack though cause these players treat a trade demand like free agency. "Oh I want to go to this team but also they can't trade the good players you would actually want" :dead:
like fukk outta here if I'm trading a HoF player I at least need a fukking All Star back. No fukking way would I lose my franchise player and get back Duncan Robinson's terrible contract
Let me preface this by saying I'm not mad at Dame at all for trying to get out of Portland, in fact I thought he should've asked out sooner. I'm all for guys doing what's best for their careers. But I get a kick out of the media being like "Oh well if Portland doesn't honor his demand to this team then they might miss out on free agents in the future"

You mean the Portland Trail Blazers who have trouble landing big name free agents in the first place will lose out on big name FA in the future because they took the best offer a team gave them for a guy they have under contract for like 4 more years?:mjlol:

Not getting big name FA is one of the reasons Dame wants out anyway, so wtf will that really do to hurt them?:mjlol:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Teams are scared to call bluffs cause they don't want to be seen as not player friendly which makes the team less desirable as a FA destination

Which is utterly ridiculous considering 1- the days of players going to a random team in free agency are over, and 2- there’s no more than 4,5 teams at a time with cap space anyway. FVV ain’t turning down 130 bc the Rockets did Pat bev dirty 5 years ago.

It’s ridiculous, but you are right that’s the dumb logic they’re going by

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dame can have his preference all he wants, if I’m Portland I’m exploring all opportunities and trading him to the team with the best offer.

He’s under contract until 2027, what’s he gonna do, throw a tantrum and retire if he doesn’t get his handpicked deal to Miami?

Teams need to start calling bluffs

But it's Portland who never signs anyone good anyway
So that really shouldn't be a factor but these teams always operate like that anyway

It's wack though cause these players treat a trade demand like free agency. "Oh I want to go to this team but also they can't trade the good players you would actually want" :dead:
like fukk outta here if I'm trading a HoF player I at least need a fukking All Star back. No fukking way would I lose my franchise player and get back Duncan Robinson's terrible contract
These posts assume that Portland still wants to win though.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

I watched him in Euroleague this year. He's still explosive as fukk athletically and you couldn't go under him on the PNR.

I think this going to be a good pick up for the Mavs.

:unimpressed:

They have a closer three point line and he's been dogshyt at every stop in the NBA, not to mention injured all the time.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
These posts assume that Portland still wants to win though.
Well they don't want to tank
You don't pay Jerami Grant that ridiculous contract if you're trying to tank
It's not even about winning or losing, it's about getting good value back for your franchise player
Again, if Miami wants him, then if I'm the Blazers I'm insisting on Bam being included. I at least need that level of player coming back

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Is Milwaukee allowed to trade their New Orleans pick swaps? NO can swap in 2024 and 2026. Is Milwaukee allowed to send out whichever pick those become ahead of time? :jbhmm:

If so, the Bucks would make some sense as a Dame trade destination. Jrue and four firsts (two of those being the swaps) for Dame. They could probably flip Jrue for something else down the line.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well they don't want to tank
You don't pay Jerami Grant that ridiculous contract if you're trying to tank
It's not even about winning or losing, it's about getting good value back for your franchise player
Again, if Miami wants him, then if I'm the Blazers I'm insisting on Bam being included. I at least need that level of player coming back
They have to spend a certain amount of money and after Dame is gone they probably won’t be paying anybody but him and Simons any real money.

Dude is 33 and is on a crazy contract himself considering the Blazers missed the playoffs the last what 2 seasons? You already got Scoot who is considered a franchise type of player, just cut bait and keep the relationship strong.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
dude gets a big bag for being a liability and being absolutely shook in the playoffs

but once tyrese signed his, they had no choice. absolutely disgusting though
Can’t let him be a free agent. He’s basically the third best center in the league or 4th at worst including Bam. Someone would’ve thrown him the max, and he was just all nba. I’m going to give him the pass of the broken hand for that playoff run but if he does it again….

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Kings are doing what Denver did. Building continuity. Sabonis obviously ain't Joker. Yeah he was bad against the Warriors in the playoffs but I think he'll use it as motivation and step his game up.

Everyone in the Kings rotation except for Malik Monk is signed beyond this upcoming season as well. Monte McNair has done a fantastic job turning this franchise around.