Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Bro they was a 8 seed I don’t give a rats ass about their defense. It didn’t work.

Like i get what you saying but there is a point you gotta blink and say: Jimmy is gettin old, we just lost 2 integral pieces, Giannis was hurt when we beat them , and the Celtics added Porzingis….IJS. People talkin like Miami is in the pilot’s seat it’s like ok but I know now thing…let Philly get Dame I bet y’all won’t be talkin bout some ‘but our defense…’
I mention defense because that is where Bam’s real value is. He is also a big reason why Dame wants to play in Miami, Riley isnt even going to entertain moving Bam…if Philly wants it then prove it, until then its just noise. We dont give a damn about Giannis being hurt either when we were also down our second best scorer.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I understand that Scoot may not be enough for Dame to win with right now (or maybe ever), but why do veterans leave so fast when they’re in the lottery and draft a young player? TMac didn’t want to stick around and play with Dwight who came straight out of HS. Dwight was an all star by year three and made it to the finals in year 5. TMac was only 30 when the Magic went to the Finals. Maybe they get there sooner if TMac stuck around?

:what:THEY DRAFTED A PLAYER
AT HIS POSITION.

CLEAR DOG WHISTLE shyt
:devil:
:evil:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

:what:THEY DRAFTED A PLAYER
AT HIS POSITION.

CLEAR DOG WHISTLE shyt
:devil:
:evil:

I was asking a general question. This was just the most recent example, which is why I mentioned it. I knew Dame and Scoot wouldn’t work. Dame already said he didn't want to be part of a rebuild, so I don’t think it would’ve mattered who they drafted (unless they had the top pick and got Wembanyama).

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m starting to hate what’s happened to the NBA. It’s one thing to demand the trade but these guys demanding trades to one team under the condition that they keep their current stars is fukking asinine.

Dame can have his preference all he wants, if I’m Portland I’m exploring all opportunities and trading him to the team with the best offer.

He’s under contract until 2027, what’s he gonna do, throw a tantrum and retire if he doesn’t get his handpicked deal to Miami?

Teams need to start calling bluffs

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Regardless how much you hate these contract. I got to admit that the NBAPA brilliantly created a system that mid level guys can exploit for maximum profit unlike any other major league.

It's weird seeing a league where the most dangerous contracts are for upper to mid level guys.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I’m starting to hate what’s happened to the NBA. It’s one thing to demand the trade but these guys demanding trades to one team under the condition that they keep their current stars is fukking asinine.
but it was fine for decades when a team trades a player to bumfukk wherever …FOH with this bullshyt

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Dame can have his preference all he wants, if I’m Portland I’m exploring all opportunities and trading him to the team with the best offer.

He’s under contract until 2027, what’s he gonna do, throw a tantrum and retire if he doesn’t get his handpicked deal to Miami?

Teams need to start calling bluffs
Teams are scared to call bluffs cause they don't want to be seen as not player friendly which makes the team less desirable as a FA destination
But it's Portland who never signs anyone good anyway
So that really shouldn't be a factor but these teams always operate like that anyway

It's wack though cause these players treat a trade demand like free agency. "Oh I want to go to this team but also they can't trade the good players you would actually want" :dead:
like fukk outta here if I'm trading a HoF player I at least need a fukking All Star back. No fukking way would I lose my franchise player and get back Duncan Robinson's terrible contract

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Teams are scared to call bluffs cause they don't want to be seen as not player friendly which makes the team less desirable as a FA destination
But it's Portland who never signs anyone good anyway
So that really shouldn't be a factor but these teams always operate like that anyway

It's wack though cause these players treat a trade demand like free agency. "Oh I want to go to this team but also they can't trade the good players you would actually want" :dead:
like fukk outta here if I'm trading a HoF player I at least need a fukking All Star back. No fukking way would I lose my franchise player and get back Duncan Robinson's terrible contract

I can see if it’s a player with a NTC like Beal or someone on an expiring like Harden

Dame has every right to a request trade and every right to have a preferred team. But with four years left on his deal and no NTC the Blazers would be damn fools to trade him for pennies on the dollar if there’s better offers on the table.