Not only does the PS5 not favor game preservation, but certain PS3 games are unable to get patches n

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
They will hold little value if they can’t be played. They will literally just be boxes on your wall.
Critical PS3 internal clock error and its aftermath

When the cmos battery dies in the PS3 you will no longer be able to play lots of games and/or DLC.

With the PS3 servers closing you won’t be able to check in even with a new battery installed.

Sony just set a ticking bomb of obsolescence for tons of software.

The same holds true for PS4 but at least you can play those on PS5, but hell you might need a patch to play them there.

I understand you stan Sony games but this probably should influence your purchasing habits for 3rd party games if game preservation is a priority to you.
:yeshrug:Physical for single player and digital for multi is the wave for me. Sony isn’t concerned about preserving their legacy library. I accept that as fact. I’m not the least bit concerned with one day my entire wall of physical games being unplayable. I’m not motivated by that so much. I will say, at the moment, I can play any physical game I own meanwhile, digital titles get pulled regularly from your rental service and from digital stores like Nintendo and Wii. I’m not super invested on defending Sony on this particular topic. They stay screwing up on this and it’s inexcusable IMO.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:yeshrug:Physical for single player and digital for multi is the wave for me. Sony isn’t concerned about preserving their legacy library. I accept that as fact. I’m not the least bit concerned with one day my entire wall of physical games being unplayable. I’m not motivated by that so much. I will say, at the moment, I can play any physical game I own meanwhile, digital titles get pulled regularly from your rental service and from digital stores like Nintendo and Wii. I’m not super invested on defending Sony on this particular topic. They stay screwing up on this and it’s inexcusable IMO.
Brag about your walls full of games but don’t care if you can actually play them Sony Stan brehs :mjlol:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Brag about your walls full of games but don’t care if you can actually play them Sony Stan brehs :mjlol:

giphy.gif

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Brag about your rented games brehs
Xbots :mjlol:

Seriously though how is that a problem? It's not like Sony where you buy shyt digitally and never could get it again or play the shyt. Xbox supports cross gen and platforms. You have options with Microsott where as Sony you dont.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Brag about your rented games brehs
I mean, I know I’m renting them it’s called a subscription service. I can purchase and preserve them indefinitely if I want.

Your poor wall of games are just gonna die one day without any warning :francis:

The argument that physical games are better for preservation reasons just doesn’t stand up to reality anymore.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, I know I’m renting them it’s called a subscription service. I can purchase and preserve them indefinitely if I want.

Your poor wall of games are just gonna die one day without any warning :francis:

The argument that physical games are better for preservation reasons just doesn’t stand up to reality anymore.
Go download Forza Horizon 3 right now then. :lolbron:

Asiatic Black Hebrew

Zulu passenger out of Africa
Daps
I still don’t understand how renting a game is considered a negative. The majority of games will be beat & then never played again. And it’s not like you no longer have the option to buy a game if you want to. I just don’t get it. How is being able to sample games a bad thing?

By that logic, you shouldn’t have a Netflix or Hulu account either.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I still don’t understand how renting a game is considered a negative. The majority of games will be beat & then never played again. And it’s not like you no longer have the option to buy a game if you want to. I just don’t get it. How is being able to sample games a bad thing?

Sony stan logic is broken :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Seriously though how is that a problem? It's not like Sony where you buy shyt digitally and never could get it again or play the shyt. Xbox supports cross gen and platforms. You have options with Microsott where as Sony you dont.
You’re making up a problem to prop up your rented games. Just say you like renting games brehs. It’s alright. :mjgrin:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Sony stan logic is broken :mjlol:
Meach in one breathe will say it’s whack to own a physical game cause in his straw man argument you’ll eventually lose it, and in the next breathe he will say “who plays games more than once anyway???”