Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yea unfortunately Aldon Smith is a bad move away from being an ESPN 30 for 30 story.

Sacks, Sixpacks and Shotguns: The Aldon Smith Story
:dead:

also a bit concerned offense looks kinda same three years in a row. shytty on 3rd downs and in red zone. thats gotta change.

Harbs saying 4 will start practicing: Mario, Wright, Dial, Tank...:patrice:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-james-will-be-fully-mix-some-point

SANTA CLARA – Running back LaMichael James, the 49ers’ second-round pick in the 2012 draft, was among the team’s seven inactive players for Sunday’s game.

Just like his rookie season when James was inactive for most of the season, coach Jim Harbaugh said he believes James will be needed at some point.

[RELATED: 49ers looking to add at positions of need]

“His development has been fine,” Harbaugh said on Monday, one day after the 49ers’ 32-20 victory over the Arizona Cardinals. “He’ll be back playing. I know the talk about insurance and etc. It’s no slight to LaMichael. LaMichael is very good player. And he’s a very valued member of our team.”

Two weeks ago, James wrote on Twitter: “Some things I just don’t understand at all. I don’t work at State Farm. I’m not trying to be insurance.” James quickly deleted his remark, and later explained the comment had nothing to do with football.

Harbaugh said he was aware of the mini-controversy and spoke with James about it.

“You’re always communicating and having conversations every day with guys,” Harbaugh said. “But, yeah, (I) let LaMichael know he’s a valued guy around here and has a big role for our football team.”

James did not suit up for the first 12 games of his rookie season until Kendall Hunter sustained a season-ending Achilles injury. James played the final four games of the regular season and all three playoff games.

[RELATED: James tweets frustration with playing time]

He finished the regular season with 125 yards rushing on 27 attempts. In the playoffs, he had 65 yards rushing on 11 carries. He also handled the kickoff-return duties.

Harbaugh said it will be a weekly decision whether the 49ers suit up three or four running backs. James is the fourth running back behind Frank Gore, Hunter and Anthony Dixon, who also is a core special-teams contributor.

“We definitely all value LaMichael as a backup running back -- like a two,” Harbaugh said. “And there’s going to come a time like last year when he’s fully in the mix and depended on. And that time will come again.”

James was unavailable early in the season due to a knee sprain he sustained in the final exhibition game. He saw limited action against the St. Louis Rams and Houston Texans, rushing for 31 yards on seven carries. With linebacker Patrick Willis returning to the starting lineup after missing two games, the 49ers decided to de-activate James against the Cardinals.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I rarely comment on players shyt off the field, but LMJ gotta be a bytch ass nikka

dude keeps writing not-so-subliminal shyt on twitter, deleting it and saying it has nothing to do with football :what: you aint slick breh
shyt is annoying as fukk and goes against the blue collar mentality they've been doing in the locker room.

Daps
I rarely comment on players shyt off the field, but LMJ gotta be a bytch ass nikka

dude keeps writing not-so-subliminal shyt on twitter, deleting it and saying it has nothing to do with football :what: you aint slick breh
shyt is annoying as fukk and goes against the blue collar mentality they've been doing in the locker room.

I personally don't like it either, but the blue collar mentality shyt has been out the window for me.

This team is so blatantly hollywood and it starts with the HC. Harbaugh presents a facade like he hates the media/limelight, but he's on every fukking commercial he can be on.

Then turn to Mighty Wings Kaep, the posterboy for anything and everything that`ll write him a check.

The blue collar stuff is long gone, but LMJ is really a bytch though. We agree on that, using Twitter to air your grievances is some teenage girl shyt

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I personally don't like it either, but the blue collar mentality shyt has been out the window for me.

This team is so blatantly hollywood and it starts with the HC. Harbaugh presents a facade like he hates the media/limelight, but he's on every fukking commercial he can be on.

Then turn to Mighty Wings Kaep, the posterboy for anything and everything that`ll write him a check.

The blue collar stuff is long gone, but LMJ is really a bytch though. We agree on that, using Twitter to air your grievances is some teenage girl shyt
the blue collar mentality is in the locker room, not off the field. I have no problem with players or head coaches doing commercials. football aint baseball, one freak injury and kaep will never see big money.
I do have a problem with players airing out shyt about locker room matters in a subliminal manner and then saying it wasnt football related. its stupid. you have a problem, talk it up in the locker room. stop with all this attention grabbing sneaky bullshyt.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
the blue collar mentality is in the locker room, not off the field. I have no problem with players or head coaches doing commercials. football aint baseball, one freak injury and kaep will never see big money.
I do have a problem with players airing out shyt about locker room matters in a subliminal manner and then saying it wasnt football related. its stupid. you have a problem, talk it up in the locker room. stop with all this attention grabbing sneaky bullshyt.

Can't wait for Latty to be healthy next year. LMJ = :camby:

• Dap
Reactions: dza

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
might be in luck....apparently my Livermore assignment doesn't start until mid november, so that Seahawks game is back in play for a nikka.

Probably gonna need at least 250 for a ticket brehs? :to: More? :to:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'm gonna play devil's advocate and take LaMichael Jame's side. He was a 2nd round draft pick and he was expected to play a sort of Darren Sproles role. Granted he was a luxury pick but still. He should not be so vocal about his woes, but on the same token, we can't keep guys of his talent level and keep him rotting on the bench. Like I said before, we really don't need this guy like that. Frank Gore seems to be almost turning back time and Kendall Hunter is good enough to be a #1 if need be, also low key Dixon has stepped up and Bruce Miller is one of the best all purpose fullbacks in the NFL. Roman and Rathman need to find snaps for this kid and if not trade him or make him a part of a package for a WR we need infinitely more. Once Lattimore is healthy by next year, how does this kid fit in? Let's move him.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna play devil's advocate and take LaMichael Jame's side. He was a 2nd round draft pick and he was expected to play a sort of Darren Sproles role. Granted he was a luxury pick but still. He should not be so vocal about his woes, but on the same token, we can't keep guys of his talent level and keep him rotting on the bench. Like I said before, we really don't need this guy like that. Frank Gore seems to be almost turning back time and Kendall Hunter is good enough to be a #1 if need be, also low key Dixon has stepped up and Bruce Miller is one of the best all purpose fullbacks in the NFL. Roman and Rathman need to find snaps for this kid and if not trade him or make him a part of a package for a WR we need infinitely more. Once Lattimore is healthy by next year, how does this kid fit in? Let's move him.

he doesnt fit in, this offense doesnt throw passes to the rb. i think they should, i think you can get large chunks of yards with throws to gore/hunter/james

its just something they dont do well for whatever reason

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
he doesnt fit in, this offense doesnt throw passes to the rb. i think they should, i think you can get large chunks of yards with throws to gore/hunter/james

its just something they dont do well for whatever reason

And it's really sad because it shows how poorly we drafted in 2012, I can't think of one positive from that draft outside of Joe Looney and he's a backup. We could've had Reuben Randle or Mohammed Sanu :snoop:

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
Just touched back down from San Fran and the game was to live. I got the Kaep pick on tape smfh overall the team played well. Looking at the whole field when we run passing plays there is no separation out there Idk if its the routes or what but when I looked at the arizona recievers there was seperation and windows to throw the rock into. Eric Reid is gonna be a problem his instincts are crazy he's always around the ball or finishing up a tackle(idk if thats good or bad or dline was getting gashed in the third). Kaep has to not try to do so much he was making mistakes trying to make plays and I'm mad but I understand the kid. Might throw some pics up but I'm back out there for the seattle game.