Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Daps
Yeah, I think Titans might be tough but Pickspatrick will feed our secondary which is a hungry bunch lately.

That was a pretty good win today, defense carried us but Kaep played better than he has the last few weeks, still 2 bad turnovers but he was a lot sharper today and developed a chemistry with VD again

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my takeaways from today's game:

-eric reid is a STUD
-the defense as a whole didn't have its best day but they still forced 4 TOs and held up when they had to
-i hope tank/dial are ready to roll cuz our interior d-lineman are dropping like flies
-kaep is heading in the right direction but he's gotta take much better care of the ball
-VD is a BEAST
-frank was frank
-baalke needs to stop BSing and give the browns a 2 for gordon. i'm still not a believer in any of our WRs not named anquan

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Again, I think think it's clear we are preparing to trade LaMichael James, we're not using him and it makes no sense to keep him. I think we could use him in a package for Josh Gordon or Hakeem Nicks, again both teams are in dire need of a RB. So his value would be higher to him than to us.

We need to make some trades, this sort of standing pat is not going to do us any favors long term.

My thoughts on the game:

Kap is getting his groove back but he needs serious help out there. Boldin and Davis are not enough.
Frank Gore is still the man
Vernon Davis is such a gamebreaker
The injury bug is more like an epidemic.
Our defensive depth is staggering. Tony Jerrod Eddie played respectable until he got hurt
Corey Lemonier is a stud.
Eric Reid is the DROY imo
Tremaine Brock is the best CB on the team at this point, also I think Perrish Cox should be higher on the rotation, kid is underrated.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I think even if Dial and Tank are ready to go next week, we still have major issues on the interior of that line. Arizona was basically running the same running play against us time after time after time; right up the gut. Luckily, they didn't figure it out until the 2nd half.

Tennessee has "committed" to running the ball with CJ2k, so they brought in some new O Lineman and what not. If they decide to attack us up the middle, it's gonna be a dog fight, straight up. If Jerrod-Eddie starts and can handled with 1 offensive lineman, Tennessee is going to run on us up the gut all day.

As for the Cardinals game, I thought defensively we started out great. Toward the middle we tailed off, but we made plays when we needed to and forced turnovers when we needed to.

Offensively, VD was our passing game. I still think Kap is missing some "open" receivers, but I liked that he was able to hit a few other targets today (albeit for 1 catch). The fact that they caught the ball I think bodes well for building confidence with Kap. I'd like to see him get the ball to Baldwin and McDonald more, but no real complaints.

Anybody headed to the game in Nashville? I know a bunch of people from ATL are headed there for a takeover...

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
I havent seen us put together a drive like that last one where we literally impose our will on a team in quite some time we literally ran the same guard pulling play like back to back to back ..other than that its kinda more of the same with our offense feast or famine ..but Roman has been doing the best he can he even called a screen but with dixon smh ..the blueprint is out there on Kap and teams are gonna keep sending blitzes and pressure ..Kap needs to get better at identifiying where the pressure is coming from ...and not panick .

Daps
I liked LMJ but i`m fine with trading him, he doesn't seem happy here and Lattimore is in the wings for 2014.

Who would want him though? I`d like to see a player for player deal, get a WR in here or a D lineman

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I liked LMJ but i`m fine with trading him, he doesn't seem happy here and Lattimore is in the wings for 2014.

Who would want him though? I`d like to see a player for player deal, get a WR in here or a D lineman
I think the biggest knock on him is his pass protection. I don't think the coaches are comfortable putting him in there.
I don't think we trade him this year. I think we wait until training camp to see what we have at RB and then make a move from there. With the way Frank is running, we'll have some serious decisions to make this offseason....

Daps
I think the biggest knock on him is his pass protection. I don't think the coaches are comfortable putting him in there.
I don't think we trade him this year. I think we wait until training camp to see what we have at RB and then make a move from there. With the way Frank is running, we'll have some serious decisions to make this offseason....

Frank should never be in another uniform, that dude is the heart and soul of the 49ers for a decade.

I`d rather see him break down with us at this point, i`ve thought he was gonna slow down for the last 2 years, but he's still doing it big

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The Ten game is a major concern for me.
away game, and theyre the best D we've faced besides Seattle.
pickspatrick is about the only thing we got going for us.

the run D is still suspect and with Dorsey out as well it can't bode well.

tbh we got kinda lucky with all the turnovers yesterday, AZ was doing a lot of simple runs and screens that we had mad problems against (think Colts game). Im not trying to take anything away from D playing well, but this seems the achilles heel right now. that and you cannot miss tackles like whitner did yesterday

with that said, we need to win the game. next week is jags in london and then bye. perfect time to get two wins, get a bunch of players off PUP (Mario, Dial, Tank, Eazy-E) and get them up to date.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The worst part of the story is when you read up on his upbringing, he wasn't from a broken home or a bad parenting situation. He was raised well.

He's just a fukkup. The reality is I could care less if we dump him or keep him, i`m sick of him and the organization holding his hand as he puts others lives in danger.

How many Josh Brent's do we need? I`m glad the guy went into rehab, but with these assault weapons charges it's just more of the same bullshyt showing it's not just drinking where this kids head is in the wrong place.

At the end of the day, it's just fukking football. A game, and I don't like rooting for an organization who enables a guy like Aldon just because he plays the game well

I agree, i wasn't saying we should keep Aldon if he keeps messing up like this, but at the time I was saying this is premature, let's see how this plays out before we dump him, even if he's inactive for the rest of season. so it seems that's the case, anyhow.

Either way we got a doozie of a game in Tennessee, the only thing going for us is I think we can :eat: off of based Fitzpatricks bad turnovers. But yea, Lemonier is a beast, but our run defense sucks, Chris Johnson is going to have a field day.

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, i wasn't saying we should keep Aldon if he keeps messing up like this, but at the time I was saying this is premature, let's see how this plays out before we dump him, even if he's inactive for the rest of season.

its already played out, theres no pass rush. lemonier got his first sack and thats been about it for the past 3 games

niners need him