Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
come on b, why you takin shots for no reason ? both of yall employ double standards toward certain QBs :manny:

let me speak about the elephant in the room then.

kaep hasnt been good since the GB game. in fact, Id say he was closer to sucking than being even decent. hes been the worst offensive starter besides maybe KW, AD and Goodwin. and that's generous. it is what it is.
since that pick to VD in the endzone against seattle dude been inconsistent, inaccurate and worst of all, indecisive. I havent seen him like that since last year.
if I hadnt seen all 22 film, Id prolly be out with the webzone crowd saying he doesnt have enough weapons.
but that just isnt true

I dont see anything wrong talking about kaep's struggles. they are there. lets not play ostrich.
So what's your thoughts long term on Kaep? Is this simply growing pains do you think he's capable of consistently being the passer we saw week one and in the post season or did he really over index because of the zone/read/running last year?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude you're a fukking clown.

I have not mentioned #11 with #7 at all in these 49ers threads.

You're obsessed with #11 still and talk about him nonstop in the damn threads related to him. You don't see me comparing the two or bringing the names together in these 49ers threads.

That's you and Danielson, both annoying as fukk for doing it, I went at Danielson for it too. You`ll just always have a special place in your heart for me

Oh look. Another tantrum.
fiddy.gif

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what's your thoughts long term on Kaep? Is this simply growing pains do you think he's capable of consistently being the passer we saw week one and in the post season or did he really over index because of the zone/read/running last year?

kaep is a down the field thrower

last year they had

moss
crabs
manningham
walker

niners dont have the guys to get down the field right now and what he needs to improve is his short passing game.

i think kaep is more comfortable throwing it 15-20 yards in tight coverage every time then throwing it short in tight coverage

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
It's one thing to be critical of Kaep's play...it's another thing to be in game threads crying about Alex. I'll never accept that garbage. My "shots" were based on his antics yesterday.
where was that ? I aint see anything. the post you quoted here was strictly talking about kaep

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
yeah, growing pains. defenses clamped down and found a good way to rattle him, some holes in his game.

he definitely isnt as good as we saw him in playoffs+GB game, at least yet. and even then the offense would start extremely sluggish

hes about where I thought he'd be before he took the world by storm last year.

it feels to me like he just needs confidence. when he has confidence to throw and not be indecisive...thats good. his pocket presence appears, he actually steps up instead of stepping out and is more accurate

he just appears to be easily rattled by pressure coming
teams noticed that and starting stacking the box, run blitzing us to death

I think these two games were huge, D Oline and RBs stepped the fukk up and took pressure off kaep something big. that and roman finally went to better playcalling.

Daps
I honestly think Kaep's struggles are a conglomerate of things.

I think it was Ysej who pointed out last year how he tends to throw to guys after they hit their break and not before, that could be something teams picked up on.

But mostly I think he lost his security blanket in Crabtree and the fact that the readoption/pistol offense was a lot more responsible for his success than we thought.

I truly thought he didn't need the gimmick offense, but it was suited to his style and really emphasized his strengths.

Now that teams solved that scheme, he is struggling getting back to traditional offenses. He is still a tremendous talent and I think he`ll figure it out, but the growing pains are obvious and it's clear right now it's our weak link. I do like that he still limits the turnovers though, if we get Crabs/Manningham back and he still isn't improving it`ll start to get ugly

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I truly thought he didn't need the gimmick offense, but it was suited to his style and really emphasized his strengths.

Now that teams solved that scheme, he is struggling getting back to traditional offenses. He is still a tremendous talent and I think he`ll figure it out, but the growing pains are obvious and it's clear right now it's our weak link. I do like that he still limits the turnovers though, if we get Crabs/Manningham back and he still isn't improving it`ll start to get ugly

the pistol will still work if the players were there to run it

you cant run a down the field passing game with no speed

even a old moss is faster then what they have now

i think they'll try running it later in the year but for now gotta just run it and play d

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I honestly think Kaep's struggles are a conglomerate of things.

I think it was Ysej who pointed out last year how he tends to throw to guys after they hit their break and not before, that could be something teams picked up on.

But mostly I think he lost his security blanket in Crabtree and the fact that the readoption/pistol offense was a lot more responsible for his success than we thought.

^it wasnt me. Ive seen people say a lot of stuff about kaep, and I do agree sometimes he telegraphs his throws, but he isnt a one-read qb. at the very least he goes through progressions when he has time.
I still think the problem is indecisiveness and sometime too happy to escape the pocket for a pocket qb. I posted some pics of that seattle game and one has boldin the only receiver running a route, uncovered near endzone, kaep is fixed on him, theres literally nowhere else to throw the ball and he just hesitates.

people just started gameplanning for his game. for example, he cant throw the ball across the body very well so on those plays defense will cheat towards not letting him run.
he's the worst qb under pressure in the league, and its not like our pass pro is downright awful (although it hasnt been terribly pretty)

he needs to get rid of the panic. first step in this is get some fukking checkdowns and hot reads and slants to combat the blitz. I still to this day do not understand why harbaugh and roman hate short outlet passes. gore went from having like 50+ catches in 2010 to 17 in 2011 :damn:

Daps

i think they'll try running it later in the year but for now gotta just run it and play d

It may, i`m just personally tired of it.

I think this team is much better suited for a straight up hard nosed offense. That offense line is full of maulers and the league has gone out the way to stop the read option and pistol.

I don't think Moss was faster than Patton and Williams, but I see what you're saying. He lost a lot of his weapons which most assuredly hurts

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

you're a bit too obsessed with speed breh. most speedy WRs are one trick ponies. fact is our receivers DO get separation and even are able to do so downfield. the only guy we really missing there is delaine with his athleticism. crabs was actually the fewest targeted WR deep last year on our squad.

besides, kyle williams actually got wide open on quite a few deep routes. kaep just doesnt trust him or misses him.

'ham coming back should bring some confidence back to kaep.

Daps
you're a bit too obsessed with speed breh. most speedy WRs are one trick ponies. fact is our receivers DO get separation and even are able to do so downfield. the only guy we really missing there is delaine with his athleticism. crabs was actually the fewest targeted WR deep last year on our squad.

besides, kyle williams actually got wide open on quite a few deep routes. kaep just doesnt trust him or misses him.

Yeah to say no one has Moss' speed is kinda silly, Williams would smoke Moss

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It may, i`m just personally tired of it.

I think this team is much better suited for a straight up hard nosed offense. That offense line is full of maulers and the league has gone out the way to stop the read option and pistol.

I don't think Moss was faster than Patton and Williams, but I see what you're saying. He lost a lot of his weapons which most assuredly hurts
even last year cbs were lining 10-13 yards off moss because they didnt want to get beat deep. maybe those guys are faster then a old moss but teams dont fear them. niners dont have guys who strike fear into anybody beyond vernon.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i love speed, thats the equalizer, thats the difference between a 5 yard completion or a 90 yard td run. you cant run a down the field offenese with these current wrs. kaep obviously doesnt trust them but they need to stick with running the ball until the help comes back

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah to say no one has Moss' speed is kinda silly, Williams would smoke Moss
i doubt that, williams speed is overated, people keep saying hes fast but you never see it during the game. he just looks like a normal wr, you can see a guy like welker with his explosive first step.