Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Daps
And to move the topic onto something more positive.

How big have the defensive replacements been stepping up in place of the missing starters?

Wilhoite coming in for Pat, the heart and soul of the D and really haven't missed a beat.

Skuta/Lemonier coming in for the drunk. We been solid against the run the last two weeks, and at least it hasn't become an exploit at OLB

Tru Brock coming in for Nnamdi and putting that game on his back vs. Houston, completely changing the tone of the game from the jump.

Glen Dorsey coming in for Ian Williams and getting a few sacks and just maintaining the same production we were seeing from Williams for the most part.

As a 49ers fan we really gotta appreciate the contributions of the defenders here and the work by Baalke done to sure up the depth chart

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And to move the topic onto something more positive.

How big have the defensive replacements been stepping up in place of the missing starters?

Wilhoite coming in for Pat, the heart and soul of the D and really haven't missed a beat.

Skuta/Lemonier coming in for the drunk. We been solid against the run the last two weeks, and at least it hasn't become an exploit at OLB

Tru Brock coming in for Nnamdi and putting that game on his back vs. Houston, completely changing the tone of the game from the jump.

Glen Dorsey coming in for Ian Williams and getting a few sacks and just maintaining the same production we were seeing from Williams for the most part.

As a 49ers fan we really gotta appreciate the contributions of the defenders here and the work by Baalke done to sure up the depth chart

yeah it was evident in the preseason that other than at safety we have crazy depth on D. coverage on ST has been solid for the most part too. with the added help on the way, this team could end up being a better version of the 2011 model

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
interesting nugget on twitter:

which is another reason why i would make the trade for gordon. this past draft we traded up 3 times and still ended up overdrafting which caused us to let go of some solid young talent like cooper and bj. there's no way we're gonna use all those 13 picks we'll have. why not trade a 2nd or a 3rd for some proven talent?

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
interesting nugget on twitter:

which is another reason why i would make the trade for gordon. this past draft we traded up 3 times and still ended up overdrafting which caused us to let go of some solid young talent like cooper and bj. there's no way we're gonna use all those 13 picks we'll have. why not trade a 2nd or a 3rd for some proven talent?

If we pick up Gordon, who do we cut? The obvious choices would be Osgood or Moore, but both of them contribute to Special Teams.
Williams? Move Patton to IR?

We still gotta consider what happens when Rio and Crab come back. That's 2 spots there.

What about Eric Wright? If the defense keeps playing well, do we start making changes? I personally think that once Eric Wright gets cleared, Nnamdi is gone.

Also, what about Tank and Dial? I know it depends on what Ray's diagnosis is, but still...

I don't think Aldon is currently counting toward the 53 man roster, either.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we pick up Gordon, who do we cut? The obvious choices would be Osgood or Moore, but both of them contribute to Special Teams.
Williams? Move Patton to IR?

We still gotta consider what happens when Rio and Crab come back. That's 2 spots there.

What about Eric Wright? If the defense keeps playing well, do we start making changes? I personally think that once Eric Wright gets cleared, Nnamdi is gone.

Also, what about Tank and Dial? I know it depends on what Ray's diagnosis is, but still...

I don't think Aldon is currently counting toward the 53 man roster, either.

it's a crazy situation. can't remember the last time a team had these many key players coming back from injury midseason.

i think whether we get gordon or not will determine if patton goes on IR. osgood and moore are gone when crabs and mario get back. nnamdi's prolly gone when wright is healthy. tank and dial might take dobbs and TJE's spots. and we got moody coming back too. i'm thinking he takes stupar's spot. then if aldon gets back we'll cut cunningham

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Ok I'm gonna play devils advocate, why don't we just trade LaMichael James for Josh Gordon. :ld:

I actually think Kaepernick, will do better as the season goes on. Keep in mind we most of our starters are hurt. Plus teams have been keying in Kaps running ability and keying in on Boldin just limits his options. We need to just bring it back to running plays out of the I-formation and two back sets. We actually had pretty good success running and passing. In part because the O-Line has tighter splits and the TE can either block or run a route from that route. Plus we gotta get Vance McDonald more involved until Manningham returns

I think our injuries at D have forced Fangio to become more creative and it's already paying off. All our depth guys have stepped up, and played very well for us. Glenn Dorsey is balling out, Tremaine Brock is realizing his potential. Our special teams is much improved.

Look I think we played the toughest part of our season now. We lost to the Colts who are looking like contenders, oddly enough they may be the AFC version of us last year, and to the Seahawks who are near impossible to beat at home. So we probably are where we should be. But I wouldn't sleep on the Cardinals, they always play us pretty tough, and it's not going to be as easy as we think.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
why not trade lmj for megatron ? :russ:
cleveland wants high draft picks for gordon, not mediocre players

I don't think James is mediocre, but we don't have touches for the kid, Even if we trade him and throw in a pick, it's worth it. It's clear the Browns are having a fire sale, but they need some depth at RB, they got Willis McGahee and a bag of potato chips at the position, he would be more utilized over there than here. Plus he's got a dirt cheap rookie contract and it keeps us from having to unload a 2nd rounder.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think James is mediocre, but we don't have touches for the kid, Even if we trade him and throw in a pick, it's worth it. It's clear the Browns are having a fire sale, but they need some depth at RB, they got Willis McGahee and a bag of potato chips at the position, he would be more utilized over there than here. Plus he's got a dirt cheap rookie contract and it keeps us from having to unload a 2nd rounder.

there's no way cleveland would want lmj. they'd rather draft their own RB next year than take on somebody elses. besides what if gore or hunter go down? we still need him for insurance

i agree about the cards tho. that game will be no cakewalk. that defense is serious and they got daryl washington back :lupe:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
there's no way cleveland would want lmj. they'd rather draft their own RB next year than take on somebody elses. besides what if gore or hunter go down? we still need him for insurance

i agree about the cards tho. that game will be no cakewalk. that defense is serious and they got daryl washington back :lupe:

We got Dixon and Jewel Hampton still.

But even if they get LMJ that gives them 3 RB and Willis McGahee is injury prone, they could still draft a guy next year.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont wanna here bout teams been preparin fo the run ive seen plenty of opportunities fo kaep 2 go fo the dash but he aint been lookin fo it instead tryin 2 force the i can throw play

plenty of other teams have the same probz wit rg3 , to russel wilson n out of all of em kaep looks the most hesitatnt to go fo it and run even when there is a lil openin ..

which is mind bogglin2 me when thats 1 of his strengths