Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
should we give the browns a call and see what they want for josh gordon?

After the game Gordon had yesterday, the Browns will want real good value for him.

I'm thinking we're gonna ride out with the receivers we have. Basically, as the season goes on, we'll get healthier (Manningham & Crabs), but as for right now, we just need to go back to what we were doing the last 2 years, which is 2 TE sets running the ball.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
After the game Gordon had yesterday, the Browns will want real good value for him.

I'm thinking we're gonna ride out with the receivers we have. Basically, as the season goes on, we'll get healthier (Manningham & Crabs), but as for right now, we just need to go back to what we were doing the last 2 years, which is 2 TE sets running the ball.

Manningham and Crabs coming back this season??? :gladbron:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Niners look none dimensional. Kaep is a fluke.

no one to throw to who can get separation....

Crabtree, Manningham, and Vernon all on the shelf right now. It's gonna be ugly for a while until they get back. We'll probably start going more conservative for the time being.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i don't think we'll end up getting gordon but after these past 2 games i think baalke should seriously consider trading a 3rd for him

we're not going anywhere with the WR corps we have right now. yeah crabs and mario will come back at some point but who knows what they'll look like coming off of major injuries. teams will continue to stack the box and play press man coverage until we get some WR help. somebody like gordon is exactly what the offense needs. he doesn't solve all of the major problems this team has but it'll be a step in the right direction imo

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I think Kaep is still a legit QB but it's clear without weapons for him to throw to, teams are going to keep putting 7 in the box, and using an OLB as a spy/pass rusher. The Rams also have a pretty quick LB corp that will limit Kaeps running ability and since we have no deep weapons, he can't really throw it either. Alot of his throws he was trying to zip it into double or triple coverage.

We gotta get back into the running from 2TE set and if we do pass, get it out from the I formation. I think we can still get some traction doing that, then we can use more passing oriented formations once the defense keys in on our short game.

Gore needs 20 carries, he gets better as the game goes on, and he's been avg about 5 yds a carry so why take him out?

Also we better figure out very quickly who our #2 receiver is and if he is not on the roster we may need to sign or trade for one because as it stands you can double team Boldin and kill our passing game.

Our defense is in shambles, Aldon Smith will likely be in rehab for 3 weeks minimum.

We are getting beat at our own game here. We got outcoached defensively by Greg fukking Manusky

:why:

Last edited:

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I thought it was stupid of them to cut Hawkins during the preseason, and now he's trying out for the Lions.
Dude had/has explosive playmaking potential, which is exactly what we're lacking now.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Randy :sadbron:

That AJ Jenkins pick :dead:

Is it too much to ask for them to draft a receiver with size and speed?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
palycalling is more problematic than lack of receiver separation, imo, not even close
frankie had 70+ yards in first quarter. then in second half he and kendall COMBINED had 4 carries. unexcusable

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
palycalling is more problematic than lack of receiver separation, imo, not even close
frankie had 70+ yards in first quarter. then in second half he and kendall COMBINED had 4 carries. unexcusable

Playcalling is downright retarded. I have no idea wtf is going on.