Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
my point is that people have seen me on this bytch rooting for Niners when we sucked. I aint no wagon fan
I have faith, I just dont have blind faith. I dont think warriors are winning the NBA championship just because I have faith in them.

my motto is confidence is good, but being a blind homer is bad. I talk shyt only when provoked. and when/if we win, Ill act like we've been there before.

Well, if you ask me, faith *is* - almost by definition - blind hope.
You're putting your belief into something that it inherently unpredictable, like a game between two teams that stack up well against one another.
It's why "faith" in god alludes to the fact that someone has an absolute belief in something that has not been mathematically/scientifically/historically been proven.

IMO - the term "blind faith" is a redundant statement.

Logic would dictate that either team can win on Sunday, but my "faith" pushes my belief that my team will prevail....

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Well, if you ask me, faith *is* - almost by definition - blind hope.
You're putting your belief into something that it inherently unpredictable, like a game between two teams that stack up well against one another.
It's why "faith" in god alludes to the fact that someone has an absolute belief in something that has not been mathematically/scientifically/historically been proven.

IMO - the term "blind faith" is a redundant statement.

Logic would dictate that either team can win on Sunday, but my "faith" pushes my belief that my team will prevail....
:heh: now you get all kierkegaard on me. Im not religious either :manny:

look, I get what youre saying, and I dont care if you have blind faith. I really dont care if in a 3-13 season you were confident and had faith in every game. it's your opinion

I have my own way of rooting for this team. you called me out on it and acted like a scorned bytch because I dont root for the team the way you do. stop it. I will always criticize the team if they dont do shyt right, the way I feel. I wont play ostrich and I'll always be as objective and logical as possible. that doesnt mean my heart is not there or I dont believe we can win this game. I do. but I think and reason with my brain, as I always will.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:heh: now you get all kierkegaard on me. Im not religious either :manny:

look, I get what youre saying, and I dont care if you have blind faith. I really dont care if in a 3-13 season you were confident and had faith in every game. it's your opinion

I have my own way of rooting for this team. you called me out on it and acted like a scorned bytch because I dont root for the team the way you do. stop it. I will always criticize the team if they dont do shyt right, the way I feel. I wont play ostrich and I'll always be as objective and logical as possible. that doesnt mean my heart is not there or I dont believe we can win this game. I do. but I think and reason with my brain, as I always will.

Hey, you fired shots first, so I don't think you get to call anyone a "scorned bytch".
I never call you out by name, so miss me with the uneccessary tough guy, and "I'm a bigger fan than you are" talk :-)

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Hey, you fired shots first, so I don't think you get to call anyone a "scorned bytch".
I never call you out by name, so miss me with the uneccessary tough guy, and "I'm a bigger fan than you are" talk :-)
breh youre the one who said about getting my panties down or some shyt like that

Ive never said Im the bigger fan, just answered accusations of being bandwagon fan

I never look to fight with fellow Niner fans. so fukk it. lets shake hands and see us whoop the hawks ass contrary to my objective predictions.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
You can call me nuts if you want, but they don't have a pass rush and I don't think their DBs will give us problems. The noise will be more of an issue than their defense. Anquan ain't fast, but he can't be bullied so he'll be more effective than cats will give him credit for. The Seattle corners are bullies and when they get a WR that can dish it out they have problems. Sherman ain't that good to me and Browner (whom I've seen play since he was a Stampeder) is a sucker for double moves. If they don't have a pass rush they're screwed.

I agree with this assessment. The Seattle DB's are good, but if want to be the best in the league, then you don't let a team drive down the field via the pass with 30 seconds left in the playoffs and kick a game winning field goal.

That being said, Quan will get his catches. Seattle likes to play press/man on the outside and zone everything else. The Sherman/Boldin matchup will be a good one to watch. I also fully expect them to keep a safety over top of VD.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot of double-coverage
This would be dumb on their part because VD would shred the zone. They'll keep a safety over top.

The key for the Niners in the passing game is going to be the effectiveness of the #2 and #3 receivers. I expect Patton to get a lot of looks and expect Williams to catch some balls too.

Also, the running game will be the biggest key. You can run on Seattle, and the Niners got away from that in Seattle last year. I think they stick to that formula and run the ball to keep themselves ahead of the chains and not get in obvious passing situations.

All in all, I think the Niners pull out a close victory...something like 17-10 20-13. It's gonna be a low scoring affair.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
They also get away with murder with PI and holding.

I`ve seen corners straight up hold WR's so safeties can swoop in on int's

Oh yeah they're notorious for that. The refs let them get away with it though so we gotta adjust. Boldiin is the perfect wr for that because you will never outfight him for a ball.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wtf:
youre a fukking idiot
you calling me a bandwagon fan when Ive been on this board talking about Niners for fukking years. me and @JLova and LastEmp and @FaTaL and Osboog were on the hamster choppin up about Niners back in the dark years, when you were nowhere to be found, in 2006 and 2007
you just got in this thread this year and you think your ass finna call me out ? :heh:

let me guess youre one of blind homers who thinks team is going 16-0 huh ?

Im more ride or die Niners fan than youve ever been nikka
that doesnt mean I need to be a blind homer about it. just because I dont think we'll win doesnt mean I wont root with all my heart against the hags.
check yourself, fool

A bunch of us go way back....JT fukking O'Sullivan, Dilfer, etc.... We were making game threads back then every week and crying in em. :sadbron:. Now we finally got a team to be happy about. Just need that Super Bowl and it'll all be worth it. :win: