Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I can't understand for the life of me why every other team can have success running the ball against Seattle, but these last 2 games against them we haven't been able to move the ball on the ground...:what:

Maybe the next time we play them we need to go to the more traditional offense (I Formation) and just run out of that. That seemed to work prior the Kap taking over as starting qb.

I dunno...I'm at a loss.

Daps
It's kinda upsetting to see Kaep so stumped by Seattle.

2 worst games of his career vs. them. I don't see us beating them as we just have the worst possible matchups and we really need to start to worry about our run game. It seems like it's a trick that's been solved.

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
honestly its playcalling and with seattle they let those dudes mug all our receivers all game. I really think we need to pick up the pace on offense run more spread and when L.James gets back get him in the backfield. Our O-Line hasn't moved anybody all season so the remedy to that is to quicken the pace and spread people out. No way seattle keeps 7-8 in the box with more quickness on the outside. Overall think we will be fine but these f"n injuries man

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
we got pretty much outclassed everywhere...

we need to run the ball against good defensive teams to win, and that didnt happen.

again, SEVERELY disappointed by oline, both pass pro and run block this time. staley got beaten good amount of times and AD was fukking HUMILIATED. zero holes to run.

most Im DISGUSTED at our gameplay approach with zero adjustments and ZERO creative runs. Hags stacked the box and run blitz half the time and we couldnt do shyt about it. kept running between tackles, and I counted ONE misdirection play.

now I already knew they werent winning with no run game, but still doesnt excuse receivers not getting open with box stacked and kaep looking confused as fukk AGAIN against the hawks.

lots of penalties, some pretty borderline, but aldons was the worst one. hopefully williams is the only long-term injury, we cannot afford to lose VD or Reid.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
We are thin at defensive back, Nnamdi is ok in a play here or there but he should not be a #2 CB, unfortunately we don't have much choice.
he isnt a #2CB though. I actually thought he played fine yesterday. the PI call was utter bs. he brings coverage to the table, but his poor tackling seems contagious.

corners and secondary played mostly well last night. even whitner besides one play had a fine coverage game (imagine that). unfortunately seattle was running the ball on us at will.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
honestly its playcalling and with seattle they let those dudes mug all our receivers all game. I really think we need to pick up the pace on offense run more spread and when L.James gets back get him in the backfield. Our O-Line hasn't moved anybody all season so the remedy to that is to quicken the pace and spread people out. No way seattle keeps 7-8 in the box with more quickness on the outside. Overall think we will be fine but these f"n injuries man
man what are you talking about
first of all, running spread consistently is not for this team. harbaugh and roman are conservative coaches, they had one of the best college QB prospects ever in stanford and still ran a run-first, 2TE stuff you see on the Niners today. to be come consistent in the spread, we need a new coach, ocoord and better receivers in general

if you are talking sporadically, no one in seattle secondary is scared of our spread, if anything it makes it more obvious that we're passing and they drop more people in coverage. you do realize kaep was facing mostly a man coverage last night with only help being earl thomas....and both kaep and receivers struggled

run game is really bread and butter of this team. unless the opposing defense is doodoo( see last week), it not working is a monumental blow to this team

the reason seattle was able to do what they were able to do is mostly because they flat out challenged kaep. I dont think its a coincidence that kaep had some problems against miami, rams and hags twice. all of these teams have 2 athletic ends that come crashing in and are good enough to stay in the play and get kaep from behind

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
now playcalling in general, yeah
we've became a read-option, run between the tackles/pass team with no real creativity in the run game or playcalls

no screens, no tosses, no sweeps, not even whams (I think delaine was a beast with the whams :()

and then this shyt that drives me nuts...the formation where bruce miller lines up wide. seen it in GB game and in this game twice. why ? if its reggie bush, ok, he can pose a threat.
no one takes miller out wide seriously. we dont even have gore/hunter/miller be a checkdown anymore. you saw how lynch was doing with those checkdowns

all our RBs do nowadays is pass block/run between the tackles. and its REALLY bothersome

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Piss poor game plan(if there even was one). We didn't look prepared at all. Outclassed by a better team. Makes me sick.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We have a very unimaginative offense. That's what you get with roman

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
We got our asses kicked up and down the field the entire game. We gotta beat these fools at the next meeting at Candlestick. And a special :pacspit: to Richard Sherman

calh45

Cal
Daps
I was wrong. Seattle is good. I thought Quan would eat them up, but nope.

Gore is old they should've given more carries to Hunter. Kaep should've ran on pass plays more than he did.

Fangio was too stubborn about not bringing a safety into the box.

We have no choice, but to beat them at home. That's a must win game. Seattle can't have home field advantage in the playoffs.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you seriously think a ted ginn jr type speed/speedster wouldve made a difference last night...I dont know what to tell you :manny:

one thing about speed is that you have to respect it, they obviously dont respect any of the niners wrs