Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
cutler contract IS the moon, and you said he will get similar one
and no stop with hyperboles I dont think qbs as important as punters. I never said anything about special teams :mjpls: as important as wrs and corners sure

whats funny is that you had zero problems with replacing alex this way. this is because you didnt like alex and like kaep.
I dont 'like' qbs or players, theyre names on the jersey that generate stats, and all of them have value. I woudlnt trade 3 first rounders for any qb or player in the business, for example

I absolutely despise carson palmers game but I would take carson palmer for 4 million a season than pay kaep 15+ milly, in a heartbeat
because, dollar per dollar, carson palmer is easily the better value.

and you still havent addressed the fact that any time tom brady is given props youre in there like a cookie monster saying defense and kicker deserve props. but anytime someone says about kaep you prop him up without propping up his defense or his kicker :mjpls:
:wtf:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
explain your disbelief.
cards almost made the offs (and if it wasnt for stacked NFCW they shouldve) with palmer in there, who is making I believe 2m this year or something like that.
each team in our division won with their D and will continue to do so.
bowman and willis combined make 10m. 15-4=11...shyt we can possibly pay boldin and iupati with that money. just off the money we save

again, people get too attached to the qb.
jlova himself posted a qb purgatory article, and now himself wants to be in that purgatory :manny:
and somehow he KNOWS that kaep wont get a monster deal. Im not so sure.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my deal is that you told me to basically stfu and live with it when I said I dont like a qb getting that kind of money. its poor way of basing your argument (actually no argument- its basically saying too bad you dont like it shut up and eat that piece of shyt, Im not a canine)

lol at those quotes.
just because you said he shares the blame doesnt make you any less biased

do you really want me to find your posts about brady and his teams defense and kicker deserving props, and how its a team game ?
and then find posts by you in the other threads saying people who are slighting kaep are the ones who HE (not team, not teams game) beat

your eagerness to SELECTIVELY cape for qbs is hilarious, Ive seen you rush to defend peyton, dalton, romo, rivers, kaep, stafford...who else did I miss ?
yet Ive never seen you cape for brady, alex, and overall 'game manager' qbs (besides garrard)

there are qbs you like and qbs you dont like. you will twist the narrative enough to make it seem as qbs you like are wrongfully shytted on because of teams around them, yet qbs you dont like get too many props because of players around them
like Ive said, Im not making it up. I respect you as a poster too much to not bring it up if it wasnt a steady pattern. yes you will acknowledge obvious mistakes of qbs you like, reluctantly, but then you will bring up excuses.

I'm not going to continue the back and forth but basically, I'm biased and you are completely neutral. I don't criticize Kaepernick...even though I have done so countless times in this thread. I guess I do not criticize him enough...or I don't use the right words. It is what it is. Just remember, this conversation about Alex, Brady, Dalton, etc came up because you mistook me saying "don't break the bank for Kaep" as "break the bank, pay him top dollar".

I doubt you could name 10 QBs I like and 10 I don't like. Doubt it.

Moving on.

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
explain your disbelief.
cards almost made the offs (and if it wasnt for stacked NFCW they shouldve) with palmer in there, who is making I believe 2m this year or something like that.
each team in our division won with their D and will continue to do so.
bowman and willis combined make 10m. 15-4=11...shyt we can possibly pay boldin and iupati with that money. just off the money we save

again, people get too attached to the qb.
jlova himself posted a qb purgatory article, and now himself wants to be in that purgatory :manny:
and somehow he KNOWS that kaep wont get a monster deal. Im not so sure.
so your argument is that kaep would not deserve a monster deal? he out played Wilson in that game and I bet he gets paid (Russell). other than manning with denvers loaded offense, who played better than him yesterday? he has made it to the nfc championship his first 2 seasons with a super bowl appearance. what young qb is better than him to you? half of his interceptions this year were against seattle and he still was on the verge of finishing off a top 5 GOAT game winning drive. you would rather pay carson palmer a couple m's next year to fukk off game after game and watch Seattle repeat as NFC champs than stick with the QB who made SF a SB contender? LOL... did you watch Arizona games this year?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'm not going to continue the back and forth but basically, I'm biased and you are completely neutral. I don't criticize Kaepernick...even though I have done so countless times in this thread. I guess I do not criticize him enough...or I don't use the right words. It is what it is. Just remember, this conversation about Alex, Brady, Dalton, etc came up because you mistook me saying "don't break the bank for Kaep" as "break the bank, pay him top dollar".

I doubt you could name 10 QBs I like and 10 I don't like. Doubt it.

Moving on.
no, it happened because you said kaep will get 'what he is worth' (to whom ? he is worth much more to you than me) and to 'live with it' and that Im 'panicking' and I should take a break . Im passionate about my team and youre telling me to patronizingly settle down because you somehow know about the future. fukk outta here.

like Ive said, if Im biased, name the biases. there isnt a player in the league I havent criticized or stanned/hated for no reason.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny thing is Carson is scheduled to make 10Million next year. If he was on the open market he'd get nowhere near 4 million. 4 million is backup money. That's what Campbell's making. Matt Moore too. Shaun Hill making 2.5M.

No starting UFA QB is getting 4. On the low end maybe 8 or 9M. Carson would get more than that on the open market.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
so your argument is that kaep would not deserve a monster deal? he out played Wilson in that game and I bet he gets paid (Russell). other than manning with denvers loaded offense, who played better than him yesterday? he has made it to the nfc championship his first 2 seasons with a super bowl appearance. what young qb is better than him to you? half of his interceptions this year were against seattle and he still was on the verge of finishing off a top 5 GOAT game winning drive. you would rather pay carson palmer a couple m's next year to fukk off game after game and watch Seattle repeat as NFC champs than stick with the QB who made SF a SB contender? LOL... did you watch Arizona games this year?
1) I dont care what wilson gets paid. fukk the market. Im not a sheep. hags can pay him 2309239 milly for all I care. Im not intimately attached to qbs dikks to root for them to get paid.
2) lol at qb who made a SF a SB contender. this defense made us a SB contender, from 2011 onwards
3) yes I watched az games and yes carson palmer sucks. it seems you're new here so Ill spell it out for you : I dont believe qbs 'win games', silly. therefore you can win with great defense. therefore if I choose between a great D and paying any qb besides rodgers 15+ milly, Ill choose the former, any day of the week

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Funny thing is Carson is scheduled to make 10Million next year. If he was on the open market he'd get nowhere near 4 million. 4 million is backup money. That's what Campbell's making. Matt Moore too. Shaun Hill making 2.5M.

No starting UFA QB is getting 4. On the low end maybe 8 or 9M. Carson would get more than that on the open market.
shaun hill for 2.5 milly is great value actually. put him on any team in nfc west with these defenses, and things dont change much.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no, it happened because you said kaep will get 'what he is worth' (to whom ? he is worth much more to you than me) and to 'live with it' and that Im 'panicking' and I should take a break . Im passionate about my team and youre telling me to patronizingly settle down because you somehow know about the future. fukk outta here.

He will get what he's worth...whether the 9ers pay it or not. If he signs for 9M...that's what he's worth. If it's 14 that's what he's worth. I hope it's a cap friendly deal but I'm not going to sit here and act like I even know the details of the deal. We have all agreed on a fair number...around 12M or so. But what we say does not fukking matter.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
He will get what he's worth...whether the 9ers pay it or not. If he signs for 9M...that's what he's worth. If it's 14 that's what he's worth. I hope it's a cap friendly deal but I'm not going to sit here and act like I even know the details of the deal. We have all agreed on a fair number...around 12M or so. But what we say does not fukking matter.
true, but youre acting like we cant talk about it...come on my dude. my bad if I came off harsh...but that shyt got me agged.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
true, but youre acting like we cant talk about it...come on my dude. my bad if I came off harsh...but that shyt got me agged.

We can talk about it...but you lost your mind over my speculation. Then lost your mind over me saying I'm not sure if we can keep Boldin. It's like I offended you personally. Like I said. Nikkaz on extra edge cuz of the game.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
all you need is a mistake-free guy to complement these defenses :manny:

We can talk about it...but you lost your mind over my speculation. Then lost your mind over me saying I'm not sure if we can keep Boldin. It's like I offended you personally. Like I said. Nikkaz on extra edge cuz of the game.
all I did was point out the double standards breh. I know its mostly because we are nowhere close in evaluating what a qb means to the team, but boldin is clearly a better WR than kaep is a qb, its not even close. and to me thats fukked up- theres no difference between keeping boldin or brown or aldon or kaep to me.

theyre just as expendable to me. and you know this well enough.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1) I dont care what wilson gets paid. fukk the market. Im not a sheep. hags can pay him 2309239 milly for all I care. Im not intimately attached to qbs dikks to root for them to get paid.
2) lol at qb who made a SF a SB contender. this defense made us a SB contender, from 2011 onwards
3) yes I watched az games and yes carson palmer sucks. it seems you're new here so Ill spell it out for you : I dont believe qbs 'win games', silly. therefore you can win with great defense. therefore if I choose between a great D and paying any qb besides rodgers 15+ milly, Ill choose the former, any day of the week

That matters, though. If you think player X is a top 5, 10, 15 player at his position then you pay him accordingly. You don't pay him what you want to pay him. Well, you CAN do that, but you won't sign anyone. The market sets the value. If you don't want to pay it that's fine, but you'd be floundering with your squad full of Carson Palmer and Shaun Hill type players.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
all you need is a mistake-free guy to complement these defenses :manny:

Carson Palmer is not a mistake free guy at all. You would lose your mind with all the picks and almost picks he throws. Hill is OK until he's forced to make plays. Our D as good as it is....still gets worked on occasion. You're not going to do shyt with noodle arm Shaun Hill back there. At least pick a better QB. No matter how good your D is..you still need a competent QB that can at least make plays when needed. Carson turns the ball over way too much. Hill can't make plays.