Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so then you agree that if boldin wants too much (even though hes a great wr with pro bowl resume) we wont and should not resign him

see its double standards again. people are absolutely ok with letting boldin go if he wants too much. but god forbid its our qb

Doesn't even deserve a response.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not fukking true, most of us are fine with getting rid of our QB if he's not worth the money he'll be asking. I think this discussion is about more than just 1 thing.

Seeing management getting rid of veteran like Quan because they can't pay him and letting go of a QB who still has a lot of promise is very different. It's not about what we want, It's about being realistic. A 14-16M contract for Kaep is NOT realistic in any scenario and I think Harbaalke wont give him that money unless we win a ring with the guy. But, a 12M contract seems like the kind of deal management will be willing to give a guy like Kaep. Regardless if we think it's worth it or if it's hurts our cap situation. How is that so hard to understand? :huh:

The other issue is being content with an average replacement just because it's cheaper. It might be the right move business wise, but that doesn't mean it will be a good one on the field, so you can't expect people to be fine with that kind of decision.

The salary cap forces teams to make sacrifices, you can't keep everybody for ever. So off course people will take sides regarding who they want to keep.

Basically. This dude wants to treat every player the same and you can't do that. Lulz at drafting a QB because it's cost effective.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hey guys im not a niner fan but from an outsiders perspective i honestly would not pay kap :ld:

im sorry but when hes forced to make throws from the pocked he cant get past his first read :manny:

i would not pay him more than 10 mill a year max :manny:

to be fair russy is not that special himself and has trouble with pressure up the middle,i would only pay him 10 mill a year too :manny:

dont overpay guys, yall need to keep that defense and receivers

He CAN and has gotten past his 1st read. Does he do it consistently? No. Does he have to get better at it? Yes. Kaep and Russ are both young QBs who are developing. They both have a lot of potential and will improve.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Doesn't even deserve a response.
:heh:

keep those qb double standards up breh. but never admit them. youre in every other thread talkin about how bradys success is inflated by defense and special teams yet Ive yet to see you say that about kaep

you pick and choose qbs you like and develop double standards for them.

I dont play that game. and I will call it out every time.

to me there is zero difference between overpaying for wr, a corner or a safety and qb. zeee-ro. there is to you.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yes you can.

keep jacking off to qbs breh :heh:

What's the difference between you and me? You think the punter is just as important as the QB...I think some players are more important and are higher priorities than others.

As good as Quan is, I'm sure he's looking for a big pay day. He's getting up there in age. We have other receiving options. If Boldin is gone, we're in trouble, but we'd be in less trouble than replacing Kaep with a rookie QB. The QB position isn't as plugnplay as you make it out to be. Toss your 26 year old developing, starting QB to sign a 34 year old receiver brehs. You try to fit Boldin in...but you want to toss your starting QB to give a 34 year old receiver a long term deal? :mjlol:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:heh:

keep those qb double standards up breh. but never admit them. youre in every other thread talkin about how bradys success is inflated by defense and special teams yet Ive yet to see you say that about kaep

you pick and choose qbs you like and develop double standards for them.

I dont play that game. and I will call it out every time.

to me there is zero difference between overpaying for wr, a corner or a safety and qb. zeee-ro. there is to you.

Jmare007 took the words out of my mouth. You're still stuck on people wanting to give Kaep the moon when not a single person said that. You treat QBs like punters so we won't ever see eye to eye on this.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Jmare007 took the words out of my mouth. You're still stuck on people wanting to give Kaep the moon when not a single person said that. You treat QBs like punters so we won't ever see eye to eye on this.
cutler contract IS the moon, and you said he will get similar one
and no stop with hyperboles I dont think qbs as important as punters. I never said anything about special teams :mjpls: as important as wrs and corners sure

whats funny is that you had zero problems with replacing alex this way. this is because you didnt like alex and like kaep.
I dont 'like' qbs or players, theyre names on the jersey that generate stats, and all of them have value. I woudlnt trade 3 first rounders for any qb or player in the business, for example

I absolutely despise carson palmers game but I would take carson palmer for 4 million a season than pay kaep 15+ milly, in a heartbeat
because, dollar per dollar, carson palmer is easily the better value.

and you still havent addressed the fact that any time tom brady is given props youre in there like a cookie monster saying defense and kicker deserve props. but anytime someone says about kaep you prop him up without propping up his defense or his kicker :mjpls:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cutler contract IS the moon, and you said he will get similar one
and no stop with hyperboles I dont think qbs as important as punters. I never said anything about special teams :mjpls: as important as wrs and corners sure

whats funny is that you had zero problems with replacing alex this way. this is because you didnt like alex and like kaep.
I dont 'like' qbs or players, theyre names on the jersey that generate stats, and all of them have value. I woudlnt trade 3 first rounders for any qb or player in the business, for example

I absolutely despise carson palmers game but I would take carson palmer for 4 million a season than pay kaep 15+ milly, in a heartbeat
because, dollar per dollar, carson palmer is easily the better value.

and you still havent addressed the fact that any time tom brady is given props youre in there like a cookie monster saying defense and kicker deserve props. but anytime someone says about kaep you prop him up without propping up his defense or his kicker :mjpls:

You're again crying about shyt that HAS NOT fukkING HAPPENED!

Now we're talking about trading picks for players, punters, Alex, Brady and Palmer. You're all over the place. Take a break.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
You're again crying about shyt that HAS NOT fukkING HAPPENED!

Now we're talking about trading picks for players, punters, Alex, Brady and Palmer. You're all over the place. Take a break.
lol
you know EXACTLY what Im talking about. you pick and choose qbs you like and then construct a narrative around them.

and you want me to sit here and WAIT until the qb is offered big money to express my displeasure ? lol foh
were you waiting to see shyt in 2011 when you were shytting on our FO before the season ? both of us didnt.

we are discussing offseason and potential deals. theres a 5 page thread on what would you pay kaep. Im saying paying this money to a position is garbage and will continue to say it. you only call it crying because you disagree with my opinion, and thats completely bytchMADE, breh

dont tell me what to do breh. dont do it. Im calling out double standards and will continue to do so
you mention qb is a team game every time a qb who you like is propped up and dont mention it any time you prop up a qb you like. its so easy to see its hilarious

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
and how am I not making sense with palmer ?
I absolutely despise his style of boom/bust dumb gunslinger with tons of qbing.
yet for 4 milly, his value is much higher than, let says cutler value at his new contract

how hard is THAT to understand ?
a david garrard for vet minimum salary is a better VALUE that cutlers contract.
this VALUE allows you to pay guys like aldon, quan, crabs, iupati and other FAs

this team has changed the qbs once in middle of season and was just fine doing that, because of team around the player was great.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since I can't stand people calling me out of my name

@yseJ

I have compiled all of my posts that basically contradict eveything you have accused me of.

That was a costly mistake. Did he not see the corner or did he try to drop it in behind the corner. I'd feel better if he just didn't see him. If he tried to drop it in..that was a dumb decision.

I specifically say here that we shouldn't break the bank on Kaep. You read that as breaking the bank on Kaep for some retarded reason

The only think he was right about was not breaking the bank on Kaep. The Bono comment was downright retarded.

More criticism:
He should share some blame though. He was good at times and bad at others.

I even mention that we should cut bait if Kaep is not the guy. I guess this is me sticking up for him.

Dude doesn't trust what he sees right now and I'm not sure if that will get better with time and experience or if he just won't ever understand it. We need to find that out sooner rather than later so we can find his replacement if he hits a development wall.

Here are the rest of the quotes:

Another post about not overpaying Kaep
And yes, I don't think anyone wants to overpay Kaep. We all want hi to get a deal that won't cripple us and will enable us to toss him if he falls off.

Blaming Kaep again
That's both on Kaep, Roman/Harbs but I'd put more blame on the coaching staff. It's pathetic how we have all these weapons and don't seem to know how to use them. Sometimes it feels like the playbook is missing 3/4 of its pages.

More criticism
Yep. He didn't need to make that throw. He's got to do a better job of finding the open guy. Hopefully this comes with experience.

I don't think he's a 1 read QB, though. Just tends to lock on to receivers at times.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. There was just no need to throw to Crabs there.

I guess this is the moon deal?
You're panicing over something that hasn't even happened yet. Kaep is going to get paid what he's worth. Every QB does. So you're going to have to live with that. Nikkaz panicking here is comical.

Didn't say he'd get a Cutler deal btw. I said Cutler's deal is not as crippling to the Bears as people think. How this means that Kaep should get Cutler's deal is beyond me.
He's not getting Flacco money. Cutler's deal is not that bad. Have you even looked at it? Kaep isn't holding this team ransom.

Here I am absolving Kaep of all blame
There were a lot of killers honestly but Kaep just was not good enough. I like that he owned it and put the loss on him. Not many qbs would do that.

And here's what set you off because I was unsure if we could keep an aging UFA
I'm talking about the draft and I doubt we are able to keep Quan.

As Jim would say. What's your deal? I have no problems backing up everything I say...so I hate it when folk accuse me of saying shyt I didn't say. That's straight bytch made.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol
you know EXACTLY what Im talking about. you pick and choose qbs you like and then construct a narrative around them.

and you want me to sit here and WAIT until the qb is offered big money to express my displeasure ? lol foh
were you waiting to see shyt in 2011 when you were shytting on our FO before the season ? both of us didnt.

we are discussing offseason and potential deals. theres a 5 page thread on what would you pay kaep. Im saying paying this money to a position is garbage and will continue to say it. you only call it crying because you disagree with my opinion, and thats completely bytchMADE, breh

dont tell me what to do breh. dont do it. Im calling out double standards and will continue to do so
you mention qb is a team game every time a qb who you like is propped up and dont mention it any time you prop up a qb you like. its so easy to see its hilarious

The irony is you accuse me of doing the same shyt you do. I've admitted that I am biased. Of course, I'm human. You act like you're completely neutral which is :mjlol:. You have your own biases so please kill that noise.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The irony is you accuse me of doing the same shyt you do. I've admitted that I am biased. Of course, I'm human. You act like you're completely neutral which is :mjlol:. You have your own biases so please kill that noise.
whats the same shyt I do ?
I am neutral. what are my biases ? please do tell. theyre certainly not against players on another team
I believe that qb is an overrated and overpaid position, that is my opinion, not bias. I view my qb the same as any other qb. I view any of players on my squad as any other players on other squads. I dont like certain players more than other players where I'll use narratives to thinly disguise my views. there are no players to me, just performances on the field. I dont transpose my views of athletes morale onto their performances

so what exactly are my biases ?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Since I can't stand people calling me out of my name

@yseJ

I have compiled all of my posts that basically contradict eveything you have accused me of.

I specifically say here that we shouldn't break the bank on Kaep. You read that as breaking the bank on Kaep for some retarded reason

More criticism:

I even mention that we should cut bait if Kaep is not the guy. I guess this is me sticking up for him.

Here are the rest of the quotes:

Another post about not overpaying Kaep

Blaming Kaep again

More criticism

I guess this is the moon deal?

Didn't say he'd get a Cutler deal btw. I said Cutler's deal is not as crippling to the Bears as people think. How this means that Kaep should get Cutler's deal is beyond me.

Here I am absolving Kaep of all blame

And here's what set you off because I was unsure if we could keep an aging UFA

As Jim would say. What's your deal? I have no problems backing up everything I say...so I hate it when folk accuse me of saying shyt I didn't say. That's straight bytch made.
my deal is that you told me to basically stfu and live with it when I said I dont like a qb getting that kind of money. its poor way of basing your argument (actually no argument- its basically saying too bad you dont like it shut up and eat that piece of shyt, Im not a canine)

lol at those quotes.
just because you said he shares the blame doesnt make you any less biased

do you really want me to find your posts about brady and his teams defense and kicker deserving props, and how its a team game ?
and then find posts by you in the other threads saying people who are slighting kaep are the ones who HE (not team, not teams game) beat

your eagerness to SELECTIVELY cape for qbs is hilarious, Ive seen you rush to defend peyton, dalton, romo, rivers, kaep, stafford...who else did I miss ?
yet Ive never seen you cape for brady, alex, and overall 'game manager' qbs (besides garrard)

there are qbs you like and qbs you dont like. you will twist the narrative enough to make it seem as qbs you like are wrongfully shytted on because of teams around them, yet qbs you dont like get too many props because of players around them
like Ive said, Im not making it up. I respect you as a poster too much to not bring it up if it wasnt a steady pattern. yes you will acknowledge obvious mistakes of qbs you like, reluctantly, but then you will bring up excuses.