Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
OK. So lets say we keep everyone except Kaep. Who do you pick up as a replacement?
we franchise tag kaep (I believe its 12m) and trade him for picks if he wants a ton. pick up a qb in the draft, who- I dont know yet, I barely follow CFB now. pick up a stopgap in case the rookie sucks in camp. I nearly guarantee that unless we completely misevaluate a qb he'd be good enough for offense to compete, if D prevails. too much talent around. we get lattimore healthy next year too. hopefully get a new OC.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here's my problem with this kind of statement. I think they are completely out of context when it comes to our team.

I'm not confident at all with having a Shaun Hill out there with all the weapons we have, because I know playcalling will be pedestrian as fukk and when we face great teams, we are gonna need him to make plays. For all the problems Kaep has, at least I know he's a gamer and more often than not will create something when we most need it.

And I'm sorry but a Shaun Hill or a Carson Palmer don't take us as far in the last 2 seasons if we put them in the same situations Kaep had. We might do fine with them, but "fine" wont take us that far in our division in this last couple of season and probably in the next 2-3 years. We can go back and forth on this but I'm not gonna change my mind and I'm pretty sure you wont either :laugh:

But the fact that I think that way doesn't mean I'm willing to throw all the money at QBs and cripple our cap situation because someone can make plays in the playoffs. Like, there is a happy medium breh.

Need a mobile QB behind our line. Palmer and Hill would get laid the fukk out.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
we franchise tag kaep (I believe its 12m) and trade him for picks if he wants a ton. pick up a qb in the draft, who- I dont know yet, I barely follow CFB now. pick up a stopgap in case the rookie sucks in camp. I nearly guarantee that unless we completely misevaluate a qb he'd be good enough for offense to compete, if D prevails. too much talent around. we get lattimore healthy next year too. hopefully get a new OC.

Who's the stop gap?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, if you're the GM, how do you explain trading Kaep away for picks and picking up someone like Matt Moore to your ownership and then to the fans and to the team? I don't think it's as easy as you put it but alright.

"Ladies and Gentlemen....your starting QB for the 2014 season......Matt Moore"

:gladbron:

I think you only trade Kaep away if you have a better player on your roster.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
so your argument is that kaep would not deserve a monster deal? he out played Wilson in that game and I bet he gets paid (Russell). other than manning with denvers loaded offense, who played better than him yesterday? he has made it to the nfc championship his first 2 seasons with a super bowl appearance. what young qb is better than him to you? half of his interceptions this year were against seattle and he still was on the verge of finishing off a top 5 GOAT game winning drive. you would rather pay carson palmer a couple m's next year to fukk off game after game and watch Seattle repeat as NFC champs than stick with the QB who made SF a SB contender? LOL... did you watch Arizona games this year?

sherman and thomas are gonna get mega deals, they wont be able to give wilson a lot of money

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Man, if you're the GM, how do you explain trading Kaep away for picks and picking up someone like Matt Moore to your ownership and then to the fans and to the team? I don't think it's as easy as you put it but alright.

"Ladies and Gentlemen....your starting QB for the 2014 season......Matt Moore"

:gladbron:

I think you only trade Kaep away if you have a better player on your roster.
this is true, but only because people are enamored with qbs
gms will be shat on for doing this until they prove their shyt works. that why no one does it...theyre too scared for their asses.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
yes lets cut VD before kaep :snoop: you cant even get picks for him, Im sure someone from your family of qb lovers will bite on kaep

Davis isn't getting younger. I will bet you all the money in the world Kaepernick will be on the team longer than Vernon will be from this point forward.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
whats so hard to understand? if you dont have a great qb, defense will win you a championship

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Davis isn't getting younger. I will bet you all the money in the world Kaepernick will be on the team longer than Vernon will be from this point forward.
VD is only finna be 30 this year and is perhaps the best all around TE in the game. too bad he disappears in physical games

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
all pro bowlers, just to start. thats going off what they deserve, regardless of position. now I understand qbs will be inherently paid more so Im ok with paying kaep near 12m.

its a shame willis and bowman combined will command less money than kaep, theyre worth like three-four times the money in football value
believe in your drafting. you're good at it. some of them pro bowlers may get left out in the end. bowman for one has to come back from that gruesome injury bless his heart. willis and davis as great as they are can be found again in the draft. maybe not this one but eventually. Alabama alone has 3 or 4 defensive players that could be stuck in SF and they wouldn't miss a beat.