Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't mind using our first rounder on a corner :manny: Having an elite secondary is the only thing stopping our D from being the best in the league. Brock, first rounder, and Culliver next season wouldn't be a bad combo.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't mind using our first rounder on a corner :manny: Having an elite secondary is the only thing stopping our D from being the best in the league. Brock, first rounder, and Culliver next season wouldn't be a bad combo.
Dennard

:blessed:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
One thing we know the Niners aren't going to to do is overpay, even though anything we pay Quan will be worth it..
so then why are people assuming that Niners will overpay for qb ? just because hes a qb ? :snoop:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Harbaalke need to get a legit receiver. None of this p*ssy footing. And if were going to draft a receiver then scheme him into the offense. If that means you need a new OC then so be it. The offensive philosophy needs to change. Some of it is on Kaep but a lot of it is on harbaugh/roman.
quan is not a legit receiver ?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I don't think Gore is done, and hes been the best pass blocking back in the league this year. I dont think people realize how much he helps in pass pro. take him away and put lmj in there and you got tons more sacks from line interior.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'm sorry but I'm rolling pretty much everything my nicca @JLova is saying.

I don't believe everyone that's up for a contract is gonna angrily demand a max deal. I feel that most actually want to be there cuz they too see what we have here.

The GM's will make the right moves just have patience and faith.

Cuz again hell if they had the same mind frame as a lot of folks here we would at best be every year a "player away from being great" type team or a straight up trash team
boldin refuses to take a paycut of 2 mil after his team won the ring, knowing well enough his team had no money, for example.

so give me a reason why hed take a paycut here besides your good faith

you want to approach it from players point of view and expect them to take discounts just because theyre our players and shyt like that

sorry, I personally dont root for players. I root for the logo. that means rooting for the business as well. thus, I expect similar business decisions out of players and I want the most shrewd business decisions out of front office, especially when we're cap strapped.
if it means nickel and diming players, Im all for it. if it means screwing over players, too bad

its the NFL, not a TV show. talent moves around every day. its a game of putting the best product on the field for its value and doing it in foreseeable future.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
so then you agree that if boldin wants too much (even though hes a great wr with pro bowl resume) we wont and should not resign him

see its double standards again. people are absolutely ok with letting boldin go if he wants too much. but god forbid its our qb

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
so then you agree that if boldin wants too much (even though hes a great wr with pro bowl resume) we wont and should not resign him

see its double standards again. people are absolutely ok with letting boldin go if he wants too much. but god forbid its our qb

That's not fukking true, most of us are fine with getting rid of our QB if he's not worth the money he'll be asking. I think this discussion is about more than just 1 thing.

Seeing management getting rid of veteran like Quan because they can't pay him and letting go of a QB who still has a lot of promise is very different. It's not about what we want, It's about being realistic. A 14-16M contract for Kaep is NOT realistic in any scenario and I think Harbaalke wont give him that money unless we win a ring with the guy. But, a 12M contract seems like the kind of deal management will be willing to give a guy like Kaep. Regardless if we think it's worth it or if it's hurts our cap situation. How is that so hard to understand? :huh:

The other issue is being content with an average replacement just because it's cheaper. It might be the right move business wise, but that doesn't mean it will be a good one on the field, so you can't expect people to be fine with that kind of decision.

The salary cap forces teams to make sacrifices, you can't keep everybody for ever. So off course people will take sides regarding who they want to keep.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hey guys im not a niner fan but from an outsiders perspective i honestly would not pay kap :ld:

im sorry but when hes forced to make throws from the pocked he cant get past his first read :manny:

i would not pay him more than 10 mill a year max :manny:

to be fair russy is not that special himself and has trouble with pressure up the middle,i would only pay him 10 mill a year too :manny:

dont overpay guys, yall need to keep that defense and receivers

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
That's not fukking true, most of us are fine with getting rid of our QB if he's not worth the money he'll be asking. I think this discussion is about more than just 1 thing.

Seeing management getting rid of veteran like Quan because they can't pay him and letting go of a QB who still has a lot of promise is very different. It's not about what we want, It's about being realistic. A 14-16M contract for Kaep is NOT realistic in any scenario and I think Harbaalke wont give him that money unless we win a ring with the guy. But, a 12M contract seems like the kind of deal management will be willing to give a guy like Kaep. Regardless if we think it's worth it or if it's hurts our cap situation. How is that so hard to understand? :huh:
:ehh: fair enough. I think 12m is fair price as well.

The other issue is being content with an average replacement just because it's cheaper. It might be the right move business wise, but that doesn't mean it will be a good one on the field, so you can't expect people to be fine with that kind of decision.
a right business move is almost always the right one on the field. you evaluate a players worth/value on the field and then you make a move, not the other way around