Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
1) I dont care what wilson gets paid. fukk the market. Im not a sheep. hags can pay him 2309239 milly for all I care. Im not intimately attached to qbs dikks to root for them to get paid.
2) lol at qb who made a SF a SB contender. this defense made us a SB contender, from 2011 onwards
3) yes I watched az games and yes carson palmer sucks. it seems you're new here so Ill spell it out for you : I dont believe qbs 'win games', silly. therefore you can win with great defense. therefore if I choose between a great D and paying any qb besides rodgers 15+ milly, Ill choose the former, any day of the week
1) unfortunately you have to. Russell Wilson not losing to shaun hill and carson palmer breh.
2) no team is a contender with alex smith at qb
3) why do you think SF defense will no longer be a great D if Kaep gets paid? nikkas step up, B. next man up and all that. seattle and Denver did it all year. I agree QBs are over paid but that's how it is and we cant run from it now that the young nikkas bout to get paid. Kaep OWNS Rodgers boy. no QB in the NFC fukkin with him right now.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
That matters, though. If you think player X is a top 5, 10, 15 player at his position then you pay him accordingly. You don't pay him what you want to pay him. Well, you CAN do that, but you won't sign anyone. The market sets the value. If you don't want to pay it that's fine, but you'd be floundering with your squad full of Carson Palmer and Shaun Hill type players.
the cards won one less game with palmer than us. thats with kaep earning peanuts. and they also did something we couldnt - beat seattle at their house

and you wont even have to sign a player- just draft a qb. exactly what we did with kaep and exactly why we're here- we tossed 10+ milly qb aside, got draft picks and a young cheap qb in his place. you just take it for granted that we tossed alex because you dont like him (I didnt either) but essentially this is the same thing. you seem to think that we got super lucky with kaep, I think that as long this D is this good, we can do this with any qb

Ive seen this staff develop qbs. I havent seen this staff develop WRs well enough

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
1) unfortunately you have to. Russell Wilson not losing to shaun hill and carson palmer breh.
2) no team is a contender with alex smith at qb
3) why do you think SF defense will no longer be a great D if Kaep gets paid? nikkas step up, B. next man up and all that. seattle and Denver did it all year. I agree QBs are over paid but that's how it is and we cant run from it now that the young nikkas bout to get paid. Kaep OWNS Rodgers boy. no QB in the NFC fukkin with him right now.
1) russell wilson not losing to them and not winning agains them. one team loses or wins against another team. and seattle did lose to cardinals this year
2) any team is a contender with a non-bum qb with a great defense
3) why dont you think we cant get another qb if we pay the D ? nikkas step up, B

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the cards won one less game with palmer than us. thats with kaep earning peanuts. and they also did something we couldnt - beat seattle at their house

and you wont even have to sign a player- just draft a qb. exactly what we did with kaep and exactly why we're here- we tossed 10+ milly qb aside, got draft picks and a young cheap qb in his place. you just take it for granted that we tossed alex because you dont like him (I didnt either) but essentially this is the same thing. you seem to think that we got super lucky with kaep, I think that as long this D is this good, we can do this with any qb

Ive seen this staff develop qbs. I havent seen this staff develop WRs well enough

I'd say that Palmer is more risky than Alex. Alex is also mobile. He would be a better option than Carson.

One thing though. Carson was beasting in Arizona with Aryans. But how would he do here with Roman/Harbaugh. I think it would be a disaster.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Carson Palmer is not a mistake free guy at all. You would lose your mind with all the picks and almost picks he throws. Hill is OK until he's forced to make plays. Our D as good as it is....still gets worked on occasion. You're not going to do shyt with noodle arm Shaun Hill back there. At least pick a better QB. No matter how good your D is..you still need a competent QB that can at least make plays when needed. Carson turns the ball over way too much. Hill can't make plays.
carson isnt and yes I hate those dumb picks. but. at the end of the day that d wins games for em. again they won one less than us with much less than we have. no reason to overpay for similar results

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'd say that Palmer is less risky than Alex. Alex is also mobile. He would be a better option than Carson.

One thing though. Carson was beasting in Arizona with Aryans. But how would he do here with Roman/Harbaugh. I think it would be a disaster.
carson just needs an ego check imo. on other hand I dont see how our staff would develop a WR. this environment is counterproductive to WR developing. thats why I want to keep boldin moreso than kaep if worst comes to worst.
I get the feeling if we had josh gordon he'd look like josh morgan on our squad. zero trust in developing WRs after aj jenkins fiasco and taking so long to get patton PT over kyle and moore

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
shaun hill for 2.5 milly is great value actually. put him on any team in nfc west with these defenses, and things dont change much.

Here's my problem with this kind of statement. I think they are completely out of context when it comes to our team.

I'm not confident at all with having a Shaun Hill out there with all the weapons we have, because I know playcalling will be pedestrian as fukk and when we face great teams, we are gonna need him to make plays. For all the problems Kaep has, at least I know he's a gamer and more often than not will create something when we most need it.

And I'm sorry but a Shaun Hill or a Carson Palmer don't take us as far in the last 2 seasons if we put them in the same situations Kaep had. We might do fine with them, but "fine" wont take us that far in our division in this last couple of season and probably in the next 2-3 years. We can go back and forth on this but I'm not gonna change my mind and I'm pretty sure you wont either :laugh:

But the fact that I think that way doesn't mean I'm willing to throw all the money at QBs and cripple our cap situation because someone can make plays in the playoffs. Like, there is a happy medium breh.

Dak Pickscott

Daps
1) russell wilson not losing to them and not winning agains them. one team loses or wins against another team. and seattle did lose to cardinals this year
2) any team is a contender with a non-bum qb with a great defense
3) why dont you think we cant get another qb if we pay the D ? nikkas step up, B
1) when it matters he wont and you can take that to the bank tomorrow when it open back up
2) most of the qbs in the league are bums tho and carson palmer is one of them. any team with one that is not aint letting him get away.
3) you could maybe thru the draft. nothing wrong with grooming someone for if kaep ever go down but kaep gotta get paid. who else on your team is more important than him?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Here's my problem with this kind of statement. I think they are completely out of context when it comes to our team.

I'm not confident at all with having a Shaun Hill out there with all the weapons we have, because I know playcalling will be pedestrian as fukk and when we face great teams, we are gonna need him to make plays. For all the problems Kaep has, at least I know he's a gamer and more often than not will create something when we most need it.

And I'm sorry but a Shaun Hill or a Carson Palmer don't take us as far in the last 2 seasons if we put them in the same situations Kaep had. We might do fine with them, but "fine" wont take us that far in our division in this last couple of season and probably in the next 2-3 years. We can go back and forth on this but I'm not gonna change my mind and I'm pretty sure you wont either :laugh:

But the fact that I think that way doesn't mean I'm willing to throw all the money at QBs and cripple our cap situation because someone can make plays in the playoffs. Like, there is a happy medium breh.
hill would be a stopgap for grooming a new cheap qb in this case
I do hope we achieve this happy medium.

Dak Pickscott

Daps
you dont seem to read what I post. I dont consider qb position any more important than any other position on offense or defense.
cool story bro. who on SF team would you pay more money than Kaep?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
cool story bro. who on SF team would you pay more money than Kaep?
all pro bowlers, just to start. thats going off what they deserve, regardless of position. now I understand qbs will be inherently paid more so Im ok with paying kaep near 12m.

its a shame willis and bowman combined will command less money than kaep, theyre worth like three-four times the money in football value

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
carson just needs an ego check imo. on other hand I dont see how our staff would develop a WR. this environment is counterproductive to WR developing. thats why I want to keep boldin moreso than kaep if worst comes to worst.
I get the feeling if we had josh gordon he'd look like josh morgan on our squad. zero trust in developing WRs after aj jenkins fiasco and taking so long to get patton PT over kyle and moore

OK. So lets say we keep everyone except Kaep. Who do you pick up as a replacement?