Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Daps
I don't think a single person didn't blame him to some degree. He's really the only person that has been blamed. I guess whitner too. This was a team loss in every sense of the word. Too many mental errors. If I knew beforehand that wed make this many mistakes I would have thought we were getting blown out.

Fore needs a smaller role. I been wanting more LMJ (even with his fumbling ass) and hunter all year.

LMJ could go for all I give a fukk honestly.

Kaep deserves some blame, but the defense deserves it too. So does the coaching.

Team loss, through and throough

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Gore is done I feel.

We gotta build for the future, I love Frank but it`ll be sad to see us phasing him out.
I think he'll be back next year. Dixon is the FA that won't get resigned. Gore has 1 year left on his deal, and there's no guarantee on how Lattimore is going to be, so at the very least Gore is a constant and we know what we get with him.
I do think, however, that Lattimore eats into Gore's playing time, and Gore wants to be the bell cow, so look for some struggles early on in the season as they try to find a happy medium. It's going to eat into Hunter's carries, too. But by midseason they'll have found a good formula and will be clicking.

Harbaalke need to get a legit receiver. None of this p*ssy footing. And if were going to draft a receiver then scheme him into the offense. If that means you need a new OC then so be it. The offensive philosophy needs to change. Some of it is on Kaep but a lot of it is on harbaugh/roman.

I agree. I still think our offense could be so much more. We have the weapons, we just don't utilize them to their maximum potential, and it's frustrating. Not sure what's going to happen with Roman, but if he stays it won't be the worst thing in the world. Next season we need to get more out of our 2nd TE and we need to solidify who the #2 receiver is going to be if we don't resign Quan.

Also, we'll be at least half the season (if not more) without Bowman, so we need to make a decision on what we're going to do there, too.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LMJ could go for all I give a fukk honestly.

Kaep deserves some blame, but the defense deserves it too. So does the coaching.

Team loss, through and throough
LMJ is a fukkboy but the kid still has a lot of talent. I don't think we use him properly. He does fumble in big games so I wouldn't be opposed to turning the page on him.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
LMJ is a fukkboy but the kid still has a lot of talent. I don't think we use him properly. He does fumble in big games so I wouldn't be opposed to turning the page on him.
We don't use him at all. The fact is, we don't know what LMJ has because he's never been fully utilized. I don't think he'll get a chance to show it next year, either. At best he'll be the 4th back behind Gore, Lattimore, and Hunter.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To put he loss on Kaep is silly, he was the reason we were leading in the first place.

But to absolve him from his 3 turnover 4th quarter is silly too. I got love for Kaep for this game, just wish he didn't have so much faith in Crabtree, it cost us last year and this year.

I`d say if we lose this game, it was on 4th and 7 and not being disciplined and jumping offside and letting mediocre Wilson have a free shot
The killer was definitely the first pick. Somehow got out of the fumble with no points and we gave it right back with 3 free points. That doesn't happen and we can drive for a FG attempt to tie it up.

Last edited:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the story on Lattimore's recovery anyway? I wouldn't mind getting rid of Hunter either. Dude is very pedestrian.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The killer was definitely the second pick. Somehow got out of the fumble with no points and we gave it right back with 3 free points. That doesn't happen and we can drive for a FG attempt to tie it up.

There were a lot of killers honestly but Kaep just was not good enough. I like that he owned it and put the loss on him. Not many qbs would do that.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There were a lot of killers honestly but Kaep just was not good enough. I like that he owned it and put the loss on him. Not many qbs would do that.
Meant the first pick but I agree. I'm still excited about his future.. Crazy that we haven't even talked about what he did with his legs yesterday. Hope we take advantage of that much more next season unlike this one.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If Lattimore doesn't pan out, we are fukked next season brehs. No way around it.

And we gotta do whatever it takes to keep Quan for at least the end the of Crabs contract.

I think we debating Kaep's contract is useless anyway. Whether we like it or not, Harbaalke wil keep him unless he has a complete meltdown of a season. So the big debate down the line will be keeping Aldon or Crabs :lupe: :to:

Harbaalke need to get a legit receiver. None of this p*ssy footing. And if were going to draft a receiver then scheme him into the offense. If that means you need a new OC then so be it. The offensive philosophy needs to change. Some of it is on Kaep but a lot of it is on harbaugh/roman.

Thing is, I think Harbaugh needs a losing season to make changes on his offensive philosophy. He's a stubborn motherfukker and unless he sees real failure (and not "if this plays goes our way, we win") I don't think he'll be making any real adjustments. It's frustrating but I understand it too.

And Roman wont be leaving unless he gets a HC gig. Which it seems it wont happen.

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Lattimore doesn't pan out, we are fukked next brehs. No way around it.

And we gotta do whatever it takes to keep Quan for at least the end the of Crabs contract.

I think we debating Kaep's contract is useless anyway. Whether we like it or not, Harbaalke wil keep him unless he has a complete meltdown of a season. So the big debate down the line will be keeping Aldon or Crabs :lupe: :to:

Thing is, I think Harbaugh needs a losing season to make changes on his offensive philosophy. He's a stubborn motherfukker and unless he sees real failure (and not "if this plays goes our way, we win") I don't think he'll be making any real adjustments. It's frustrating but I understand it too.

And Roman wont be leaving unless he gets a HC gig. Which it seems it wont happen.

I know. It's going to be another tough year. If Roman stays then I hope we bring in some other offensive minds. Especially someone to work with Kaep. Our window won't stay open for much longer.

Daps

He's got a lot of skill, but a complete liability out there.

He can take a fukking hike and i`d be completely okay with it. He had a lot of promise, there is just zero trust in him

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I know. It's going to be another tough year. If Roman stays then I hope we bring in some other offensive minds. Especially someone to work with Kaep. Our window won't stay open for much longer.

Couldn't agree more. That needs to happen.

Daps

I like the owning up, but at some point, it gets old.

He is a true leader, but he needs to seriously re-evaluate his commitment towards Michael Crabtree. Crab is a very good player, but 2 years in a row Colin's over-commitment to him cost us in the biggest spots possible

Daps
Meant the first pick but I agree. I'm still excited about his future.. Crazy that we haven't even talked about what he did with his legs yesterday. Hope we take advantage of that much more next season unlike this one.

I think it's clear now the coaches don't want him to put himself at risk in the regular season.

Which is a smart move, even though Kaep was great with his legs today, that isn't sustainable for 16 games year in and year out. It's perfect for when it's all on the line