Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how am i panicking?

im just saying its not worth it to give him flacco cutler etc type money

u guys are the ones freaking out

He's not getting Flacco money. Cutler's deal is not that bad. Have you even looked at it? Kaep isn't holding this team ransom.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I do have to live that Roman is a clown and is our OC for the forseable future. There's a reason why you don't see me in here crying about him.
:wtf:
come on now. all of us complained in here, in game threads and so on.

sorry, I just dont like the whole 'live with it' attitude when it comes to non-troll convos. its basically telling me sideways to stfu and deal with it even tho I dont like something.
especially when it came after I answered your own question of how much time does hypothetical new qb get and what if he doesnt do nearly as well against seattle...you might not like my opinion, but at least try to respect it....

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
lets move on from this topic, lets talk about Q. he was paid 6m this season and we're completely cash strapped...and he refused to take 2m paycut for this season after winning the SB...so do we offer him something frontloaded or does he walk ? honestly I think we'll give him a fair front-loaded deal, and if he doesnt like it he'll go FA. I think after this year some teams will pay him.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
He's not getting Flacco money. Cutler's deal is not that bad. Have you even looked at it? Kaep isn't holding this team ransom.

what u dont seem to understand is that cutler is getting 22m next non guaranteed, but its still 22m against the cap, that prevents them from signing or resigning other good players

if the samething happens with kaep crab or aldon is gone doesnt matter if we can cut him down the road and save money one of those guys is gone

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what u dont seem to understand is that cutler is getting 22m next non guaranteed, but its still 22m against the cap, that prevents them from signing or resigning other good players

if the samething happens with kaep crab or aldon is gone doesnt matter if we can cut him down the road and save money one of those guys is gone

It's the structure of that deal that makes it more appealing and allows the Bears to cut bait early in that contract with no money towards the cap. What would you offer him?

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
It's the structure of that deal that makes it more appealing and allows the Bears to cut bait early in that contract with no money towards the cap. What would you offer him?
i understand that, but the money still goes against the cap and there is no way we could also resign crab and aldon

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Honestly, I'm far from impressed with Whitner's play. Most of the penalties are BS but he's out here whiffing tackles, losing guys in coverage.. it happens way too often.

Whitner has had his best season as a pro and he bailed us out on more than a couple of plays, it's our corners that shat the bed more so. Whitner and Reid had to essentially cover the entire field and make up for poor coverage and missed tackles.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
lets move on from this topic, lets talk about Q. he was paid 6m this season and we're completely cash strapped...and he refused to take 2m paycut for this season after winning the SB...so do we offer him something frontloaded or does he walk ? honestly I think we'll give him a fair front-loaded deal, and if he doesnt like it he'll go FA. I think after this year some teams will pay him.
Boldin refused to take a pay cut without the offer of an extension. Baltimore basically wanted him to take less money and play out the one year left on his contract, and he refused to do that.
Honestly, it depends on the FA climate. I know 3/4 of the league would love to have Quan on their team and would pay him more than what we can pay him. He'll make a business decision and we'll move on from there. One thing we know the Niners aren't going to to do is overpay, even though anything we pay Quan will be worth it.
If he walks, I think we trade up in the first round and get a WR (possibly the receiver from A&M), but we still sign a veteran as we've done every season.

Defensively, I dunno what we do with our defensive backfield. Los is gone if he doesn't take a pay cut, we get Cully back and I think Brown may come back depending on the FA market. We also have a decision to make on Eric Wright, although I think he's gone.

Our D Line should be straight...I think Dobbs is a UFA, so he walks. We have depth all over the D-Line.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm sorry but I'm rolling pretty much everything my nicca @JLova is saying.

I don't believe everyone that's up for a contract is gonna angrily demand a max deal. I feel that most actually want to be there cuz they too see what we have here.

The GM's will make the right moves just have patience and faith.

Cuz again hell if they had the same mind frame as a lot of folks here we would at best be every year a "player away from being great" type team or a straight up trash team

Daps
Hey we earned this L

Bad at the worst possible time, just bad, Don't put the loss on any single player.

At some point, we gotta look at it like we gotta find a way to win the big one, 3 years in a row of losing big games.

Sadly, I think Gore is done, I hope Lattimore is the beast he can possibly be

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Boldin refused to take a pay cut without the offer of an extension. Baltimore basically wanted him to take less money and play out the one year left on his contract, and he refused to do that.
Honestly, it depends on the FA climate. I know 3/4 of the league would love to have Quan on their team and would pay him more than what we can pay him. He'll make a business decision and we'll move on from there. One thing we know the Niners aren't going to to do is overpay, even though anything we pay Quan will be worth it.
If he walks, I think we trade up in the first round and get a WR (possibly the receiver from A&M), but we still sign a veteran as we've done every season.

Defensively, I dunno what we do with our defensive backfield. Los is gone if he doesn't take a pay cut, we get Cully back and I think Brown may come back depending on the FA market. We also have a decision to make on Eric Wright, although I think he's gone.

Our D Line should be straight...I think Dobbs is a UFA, so he walks. We have depth all over the D-Line.

Harbaalke need to get a legit receiver. None of this p*ssy footing. And if were going to draft a receiver then scheme him into the offense. If that means you need a new OC then so be it. The offensive philosophy needs to change. Some of it is on Kaep but a lot of it is on harbaugh/roman.

Daps
To put he loss on Kaep is silly, he was the reason we were leading in the first place.

But to absolve him from his 3 turnover 4th quarter is silly too. I got love for Kaep for this game, just wish he didn't have so much faith in Crabtree, it cost us last year and this year.

I`d say if we lose this game, it was on 4th and 7 and not being disciplined and jumping offside and letting mediocre Wilson have a free shot

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sad day brehs. gore looked done. need to drastically reduce his carroes next year. i hate the fukkin seahawks.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To put he loss on Kaep is silly, he was the reason we were leading in the first place.

But to absolve him from his 3 turnover 4th quarter is silly too. I got love for Kaep for this game, just wish he didn't have so much faith in Crabtree, it cost us last year and this year.

I`d say if we lose this game, it was on 4th and 7 and not being disciplined and jumping offside and letting mediocre Wilson have a free shot

I don't think a single person didn't blame him to some degree. He's really the only person that has been blamed. I guess whitner too. This was a team loss in every sense of the word. Too many mental errors. If I knew beforehand that wed make this many mistakes I would have thought we were getting blown out.

Fore needs a smaller role. I been wanting more LMJ (even with his fumbling ass) and hunter all year.