Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Its not about getting attached, its about making sure you have guys that are still can still be top players still on the team. I dont just simply believe "oh hey, fukk him, will replace him with so and so"

Its a reason why this team in the passed looked one way when Gore was out the game vs when he was. You saw how many WR's we went through before Crab came back. We see now that our Rookie TE and come in and just slide perfectly into the shoes that our former TE wore. And I wont begin to get on our secondary.

I agree with being smart but I dont agree with being brash and just assuming that "oh this so called stud COLLEGE rookie" that we will get in the 3rd round from such and such school can be the answer to come in an play at a HIGH LEVEL or we can get "such and such" player from blank scrub team (who prolly aint even an ALL STAR) and expect that he's just gonna come over and play the best he's ever played (still waiting for that big game Mario).

I get its a team game but you still need your primetime players and weapons
nothing in your post really conflicts with what I think

the thing is, as much as you want to or not want to admit, its a game of value

would you give the top player in the world 80 million per ? you probably wouldnt. what about 25 mil ? yes, its an overexaggeration, but its necessary to make a point that EVERY player has a price. we're trying to win championships, not make everyone feel happy. its pro football

as such, there are always sacrifices to be made, there's always a price. now the question is where exactly and at what positions the sacrifices should be made. most people consider the qb the holy cow. I dont :manny:

the reason I pointed out your riding for alex is that because you had the same attitude last year. and look where it got us. regardless of what kaep does in the future, the move was great JUST OFF THE MONEY WE SAVED. kaep's performance and draft picks were even better.

the 49ers sent joe to KC back in the day, and joe achieved more than our last 10+ qbs (I think we had more than 10 since young :heh:) have, and hes still salty as shyt. but it was an absolutely right move.

sure, some moves might not turn out to be so great, but its always a risk.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well there is no way we can sign aldon, kaep and crab to long term deals
sure they can, iputati is probably the odd man out because he wants number 1 guard money. after breaking his ankle i wonder if he regrets turning down whatever the niners offered. nfl stands for not for long, he should of taken the extension

rogers, dahl, brown, goodwin, and whitner are probably gone. i dont wanna say it but dont be surprised if frank is gone as well

niners will look very different next year

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The D won those games? :why:

Are we going to have to go through this shyt after every loss? Gotdamn Every loss one guy gets blamed. Kaep. Every win...some folk on here act like we won in spite of him. We got to inches away from winning the SB last year with a QB in his 2nd year. This year we win 2 playoff games and lose in a hostile environment against the top D...and some folk are ready to turn the page on the QB.

Annoying always having these discussions after every loss.
whos blaming kaep for this loss, specifically ?

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
was that their 1st contract after their rookie year or was this like their 2nd? I know its a rhetorical question, I know the answer.... but I just wanted to let that set

I feel the concern, but these contracts for them came like after they played 6 seasons or more
doesnt matter the market dictates what they get

thats why im saying its ridiculous to pay over 12m a year for kaep

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
sure they can, iputati is probably the odd man out because he wants number 1 guard money. after breaking his ankle i wonder if he regrets turning down whatever the niners offered. nfl stands for not for long, he should of taken the extension

rogers, dahl, brown, goodwin, and whitner are probably gone. i dont wanna say it but dont be surprised if frank is gone as well

niners will look very different next year
crab 10m aldon 10m kaep 12m

numbers arent adding up

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm a huge kap supporter but bruh cost us the game. shyt was all on him. Gonna take this ban an come back for the combine and draft. What we going after? C, SS, WR, CB, and LB?

@yseJ here's an example.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
crab 10m aldon 10m kaep 12m

numbers arent adding up
the only thing that matters is the signing bonus and how its spread over the contract, nothing else is guaranteed

niners have a habit of frontloading bonus money like they did with nate clements after ending up a bust they just cut him and thats what prag has been doing since hes been with the niners. he fixed the cap and hes done a great job managing it

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Folk want to draft a new QB but I'd like to know how much time that new QB will get? What will be the expectations because they're sky high in here. So draft a new QB then move on in year 3 if we don't win a SB? You can't cripple your team by giving QBs mega deals but you also can't treat the QB position as if it can be played by anyone with a heart beat. Kaep is not getting a mega deal so relax. Our D still wasn't lights out this season. 2 years ago? Yea. But this year and the year before, the D had gotten worked at times. So while folk want to put a draft pick in there, you think that draft pick would have been able to do much better in Seattle? Did yall see Brees get worked twice this year at Clink?

Folk just need to settle down.
who the fukk cares how much time ? seems like yall have too much compassion for qbs and players in general :wtf:
this isnt a team that needs a total rebuild and overall terrible roster where a qb cannot succeed if not babied.

Ive said it in all those romo/ryan/flacco contract threads, theres nothing preventing teams from discarding the qbs after they perform well.

I dont really understand what doing well in seattle has to do with anything, seems you take these posts as personal attacks on kaep
the rookie might not do well in seattle at all...but he will cost under a milly, not 15+ milly.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
the only thing that matters is the signing bonus and how its spread over the contract, nothing else is guaranteed

niners have a habit of frontloading bonus money like they did with nate clements after ending up a bust they just cut him and thats what prag has been doing since hes been with the niners. he fixed the cap and hes done a great job managing it
the money still counts against the cap

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Read up. People have. I'm not going to do this with you. A few in this thread have put the game on him. I'm not going to search for the posts.
fair enough... I missed that. still think majority of us who thinks to only keep kaep if contract is right, doesnt think he cost us the game...

either way, we're fairly straightforward with our contracts, I think we sign the guy regardless...so it might be a moot point

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
of course, thats why it matters greatly how the bonus is spread out during the life of the contract

i think clements bonus money was cleared out by his third season

I realize that but trying to sign kaep, aldon, and crab will be very difficult and my #'s were on the low end

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
of course, thats why it matters greatly how the bonus is spread out during the life of the contract

i think clements bonus money was cleared out by his third season
looking back, nate was such a big mistake. he was like our biggest acquisition, paid him a ton and amounted to nothing, whereas we couldve tried to raise a few potential CB stars of our own during his time. brown is the only guy who worked out from that era.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I realize that but trying to sign kaep, aldon, and crab will be very difficult and my #'s were on the low end
until you know the exact numbers of the cap its impossible to predict, other niner boards are reporting once rogers, dahl, goodwin etc get cut niners will be 20 mil under the cap

i dont know for sure but it sounds like its possible